Started on: 03-04-2018 08:32 PM
Replies: 3 (411 views)
Last post by: thesameguy on 07-11-2018 07:38 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2018 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have the inside scoop for California emissions?
Shoot me a PM and I will explain.
Not on here very much but will reply when I can
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what you mean by "inside scoop" - all the regulations and requirements are published on the DMV website.

There are a few threads on the forum where I posted more extensively about some details, but there's not really much mystery here.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Not sure what you mean by "inside scoop" - all the regulations and requirements are published on the DMV website.

There are a few threads on the forum where I posted more extensively about some details, but there's not really much mystery here.

sadly, due to the strict guidelines of the DMV and misc tests, it has sent many an vehicle, to a timely demise..or at least SOLD
outside California....I obtained my Fiero this way...couldn't pass ...but was good in just about any other state....

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a guy with a dozen vehicles to my name at any moment in time, the vast majority of which are older and several of which are pretty highly modified, I will say authoritatively people who can't get their cars to pass California emissions are not very good at cars or pretty lazy or both. The smog tests are feedback-driven - the emissions targets are based on actual test results. The reason they provide the "AVE" number in the test is so that you can see how your car compares to other identical vehicles. If you can't hit the AVE number, you've missed a maintenance interval or used too many no-name parts. My '87 GT passes *easily* - it's not even close.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock