Sunvisor decal by jim94
Started on: 07-16-2021 04:14 PM
Replies: 9 (386 views)
Last post by: Cokeologist on 07-25-2021 06:00 AM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2021 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am having my sunvisors recovered and would like to know if anyone here makes new reproduction of the decal. It is on the driver's side sunvisors. No one will do it for me in Jacksonville
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2021 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

I am having my sunvisors recovered and would like to know if anyone here makes new reproduction of the decal. It is on the driver's side sunvisors. No one will do it for me in Jacksonville

PM sent

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure you are talking about some aftermarket decal as they weren't marked as far as i know from factory. I replaced mine with Mr Mikes off memory they did do an embroidery. I remember seeing them with logos on ebay a decade ago or so.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 07-21-2021).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
I am sure you are talking about some aftermarket decal as they weren't marked as far as i know from factory. I replaced mine with Mr Mikes off memory they did do an embroidery. I remember seeing them with logos on ebay a decade ago or so.
No. Means the "warning label" on plain D-side sun visor. Ones w/ pockets don't have them because no room.

Some are stitch on, some are heat fused like for T-shirts.
Some like Fiero use decals but "glue" is often made for the surface.

Of Note: The "Decal" says only crank for 15 sec at a time etc. That's only for a good starter and engine.
Many keep cranking as label says, even holding the key indefinitely, to start a engine w/ problems and never bother starter motor takes a long time to cool down and burn up the starter.
Somewhere in FSM says X Seconds On then Y Minutes Off to control Starter temps. I'm not digging thru FSM right now.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Does anyone have a higher quality image of this decal?
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes this is the correct decal. Sorry I have sort of of been a little ill. My wife and I contracted covid ‐19 .thanks for replying back..
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off memory this is printed on fabric and glued on it isn't a decal.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately your best bet is to find someone who has a perfect decal who is willing to scan the visor. Then you can print it out on iron-on transfer paper. Even then, you run the risk of burning the old fabric. Or find someone who is parting out a car with a better looking decal on their visor.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Different PN different car but its close could probably use it to help recreation. https://www.classicindustri.../product/dc1424.html
Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Unfortunately your best bet is to find someone who has a perfect decal who is willing to scan the visor...

Yes, if someone can do this and post here or send PM with pic

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock