Started on: 07-14-2021 03:54 PM
Replies: 11 (263 views)
Last post by: Shho13 on 07-28-2021 11:05 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2021 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After my error posting this on the technical discussion section I would like to post this here again. Looking to assemble a group of NJ Fiero owners, that would occasionally like to participate in perhaps a quarterly event here in the Garden State . It could be a luncheon, a session to share technical info, trade parts, a small cruise or just to discuss our Fiero hobby. Since we have nothing like this at the present time all ideas and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. I believe that Spring and Fall would be best for a small gathering but at this point everything is open for suggestions. I am not talking about a formal dues paying club, just a casual group of hobbyists and friends getting together now and then. to share the hobby.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2021 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea.
Hopefully my car is back together by fall.
jasper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2021 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd head over from Long Island............
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting to get some interest. When this event goes off, everyone is welcomed. In the Fiero world we have the youth, middle age and older folks but we share a common interest. If owners want to cross the Hudson or the Delaware to join us, that's great. The key point now is to find a time and convenient place. Appreciate if Fiero owners would state their suggestions for
1. A breakfast or luncheon . There are also a few large pizza places around
2. A meeting at a park or picnic
3. A meet up in a small NJ town
Believe that Central NJ is the most logical place but we need to make it convenient for all.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2021 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried doing this on Facebook.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2021 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

I tried doing this on Facebook.

Years back there were a few Fiero events in NJ but interest always waned. I do not believe that anyone is our club group back then still owns a Fiero. We can continually try to post and see what results. The problem may be that there are not enough Fiero owners in NJ. The people around my way collect big buck expensive and rare muscle cars. They avoid the "lowly" Fiero. I'll give it one more shot for fall and hope for the best.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was actually talking to Jen last week about possibly setting up a NJ event for the club to start a club thing to attend the Fall Classic Boardwalk Car Show in Wildwood, maybe make it a yearly thing... I haven't been down there specifically to see the show myself yet but it's a massive show that people from all over the country would probably be interested in going to and make a weekend trip out of since Wildwood is a really nice area to vacation to, it's my usual place I go to get away.

One of my buddies has a small place down there and I'm actually eyeing up property down there as well, so I am actually planning on going to this show every year once my car is back from it's LS4 swap hopefully next year. I am definitely going to scout it out this fall with my own eyes to see if it's something club worthy we can add to the meets.

https://youtu.be/EMjZNnNcPIo
https://youtu.be/rsw4SOhWBO4 (Fiero @ timestamp 10:03!)

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 07-23-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

I was actually talking to Jen last week about possibly setting up a NJ event for the club to start a club thing to attend the Fall Classic Boardwalk Car Show in Wildwood, maybe make it a yearly thing... I haven't been down there specifically to see the show myself yet but it's a massive show that people from all over the country would probably be interested in going to and make a weekend trip out of since Wildwood is a really nice area to vacation to, it's my usual place I go to get away.

One of my buddies has a small place down there and I'm actually eyeing up property down there as well, so I am actually planning on going to this show every year once my car is back from it's LS4 swap hopefully next year. I am definitely going to scout it out this fall with my own eyes to see if it's something club worthy we can add to the meets.

https://youtu.be/EMjZNnNcPIo
https://youtu.be/rsw4SOhWBO4 (Fiero @ timestamp 10:03!)

My wife has a summer home in Cape May and we are there in summer a couple of times a month. Wildwood is the next shore town North. We know it very well. The car show draws thousands and it gets crowded but it draws more wannabees than car owners who touch just about everything. Not sure its the right venue for a Fiero show unless we can get a private fenced in area.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't call a potential Wildwood Car Show attendance a "Fiero specific show" quite like the show you're proposing on holding, which is ok! The Wildwood show would be one that others in the club could know about, meet up at, and attend to take part in the town's festivities together. Even though there is more than enough room to do club things if desired with the massive beach with tons of room right next to the 3+ mile long boardwalk where the cars would all be parked on, I don't envision a stressful Carlisle type of club "event" with raffles, displays and such; it would be more along the lines of coordinating a group going to the beach and enjoying a massive town wide car show with our cars in attendance... If we went to Wildwood, anyone in attendance would simply have to meet up a bit before the show and we would all drive onto the boardwalk in a line to take over our own "section" on the boards which I feel would be really cool honestly. ⛱

All the shows I've been to before and during the 8 years I've been taking my car to shows I've never been to a single cruise night, car show, not even a Cars and Coffee that had anybody (at least to my knowledge) get all touchy my car. Honestly even if they did touch it a little, it's a car, most people are super respectful so I don't worry about it that much. I enjoy bigger shows a lot so on my end usually don't go out of my way to attend to specific one car specific events. The shows you'll catch me at are the ones where there's a big of variety of cars where I can wander around, that's why I like GM Nationals at Carlisle so much haha

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 07-24-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

I wouldn't call a potential Wildwood Car Show attendance a "Fiero specific show" quite like the show you're proposing on holding, which is ok! The Wildwood show would be one that others in the club could know about, meet up at, and attend to take part in the town's festivities together. Even though there is more than enough room to do club things if desired with the massive beach with tons of room right next to the 3+ mile long boardwalk where the cars would all be parked on, I don't envision a stressful Carlisle type of club "event" with raffles, displays and such; it would be more along the lines of coordinating a group going to the beach and enjoying a massive town wide car show with our cars in attendance... If we went to Wildwood, anyone in attendance would simply have to meet up a bit before the show and we would all drive onto the boardwalk in a line to take over our own "section" on the boards which I feel would be really cool honestly. ⛱

All the shows I've been to before and during the 8 years I've been taking my car to shows I've never been to a single cruise night, car show, not even a Cars and Coffee that had anybody (at least to my knowledge) get all touchy my car. Honestly even if they did touch it a little, it's a car, most people are super respectful so I don't worry about it that much. I enjoy bigger shows a lot so on my end usually don't go out of my way to attend to specific one car specific events. The shows you'll catch me at are the ones where there's a big of variety of cars where I can wander around, that's why I like GM Nationals at Carlisle so much haha

I've been a Fiero owner since 1997 and during that time four NJ Fiero clubs tried to get things going. The initial response was fair but after a while just about everyone lost interest. Not that I want to sound defeatist but there may not be enough Fiero owners here to get regular local club events going. The response to this post has been poor. The last club event that I can recall had two attendees. There were a few cruises organized by Pete that were successful but they too petered out. Perhaps some new ideas can change things. Give it a shot, if successful the club may be looking for an activities director here.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No boardwalk!!
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2021 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, that's a bummer honestly... they've slowly been replacing sections of the boardwalk the last few years so maybe this is the motivation they need to gear up and speed things along. They just got a big check from NJ to fund it actually, so hopefully next fall it will be back on the boards.

https://wildwoodsnj.com/eve...lk-classic-car-show/

------------------
"Discord"

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors