storage of front and rear bumper covers by Wayne Renninger
Started on: 06-13-2021 07:33 AM
Replies: 5 (298 views)
Last post by: theogre on 06-16-2021 01:33 PM
Wayne Renninger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2021 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne RenningerSend a Private Message to Wayne RenningerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for sugggestions to properly store front and rear bumper covers? Relocating large collection ,how to hang,stack, what to fabricate?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quadfather

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put my extra fascias in my storage unit and wanted to get them off the floor. I made arms out of some 1 x 4s by cutting them about three feet long and screwing them to a set of wooden shelves at about a 45-degree angle. Two arms per fascia. They’re very crude but they work.

I’ll see if I can get over there and get some photos.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2021 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one hanging from the rafters in the garage. I feel it's better than having it sitting flat on the floor.
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2021 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's what I did. I recycled parts of some pallets to make the arms. I didn't care how the shelves and arms looked, I just needed to quickly fabricate a way to store the fascias vertically. Ideally the arms would have short vertical pieces on the ends to hold the fascias from the inside, so the arms don't come in contact with the lip of the fascias.

The way the top fascia in these photos is stored is probably the best. It's sitting on top of the vertical planks.

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 06-14-2021).]

Wayne Renninger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2021 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne RenningerSend a Private Message to Wayne RenningerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I like the last idea, should be easy to build!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2021 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Knock off any corners etc on the wood or whatever.
Avoid pressure where edges of plastic hits/folds and similar issues.

If the plastic get hot or not... corners hit small points for long term could cause problems.
Plastic can warp where wood hits the plastic or areas are "heavy" w/o being attach to the car. Then can find very hard to remove any damage later.

Is sim to many front faces "droop" problems on the car for many people.
Often that's sign of missing/damaged parts holding them allowing more load aggravating the problem.

quick example...
My 87 notch front was pulled down for years because PO removed plastic and metal parts on the bottom of it.
That also cause radiator problems because missing panel force air to that.

Replacing missing parts help but permanently warp the top and edge flange where meet the hood.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock