Dew wipe squeal fix? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 05-08-2021 09:44 PM
Replies: 5 (336 views)
Last post by: Australian on 05-15-2021 03:06 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all. I replaced my dew wipes a number of years ago on my both my Fiero’s. Now, one of them makes a very pronounced squealing noise when I roll the window down. It does this mostly from the window closed to about 1/3 of the way down and then it starts to get quieter. And yes, I know it does this because of the curvuture of the glass and it’s angle as it goes down.
That being said, has yours ever squealed like this and what did you do to quiet it?
Here is my idea. (see pic) I heard this works but I wanted to get your opinion on what worked for you?
Thanks, Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 05-08-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...

If you suspect they are the source of the squeak clean them with warm soap and water.

I would put a blue shop towel between the wipe and the window then roll it down. If it still squeaky its probably internals (like i suspect) and not the wipes
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many oil/grease hate rubber and plastics.
Plus Any Organic oil like oil above can Rot and go Rancid fast and be a far worse mess to clean up.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Many oil/grease hate rubber and plastics.

By hate he means attacks and dries it out.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2021 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
By hate he means attacks and dries it out.
Attack yes... Dry out? maybe.
Many can make "rubber" types to swell or others hard/brittle.

When you use any Organics like Bean oil above can go Rancid even w/o attacking whatever part.
Example: Many have various veg oil "bottles" where oil "dries" at minimum and very hard to remove. Some likely have open old "bottles" on back of shelf sitting months to years and oil in the bottle and air reacts.... "badly" to say nicely to stink to be truely Rancid.
Organics maybe "safe" for X parts and still hates UV and other light, Ozone, etc. Light issue is Why many are ships/stored in Color Glass or Metal "bottles." Olive Oil is another that really hates light exposure. And this is before heating them that makes more problems.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2021 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Baby powder talcum powder wind up and down wash off access. Eventually what ever powder that appears on glass doesn't and all goes quiet. If you have a lambo try it with cocaine.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 05-15-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock