Introduction by ExPMD
Started on: 11-28-2017 02:57 PM
Replies: 9 (744 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 12-01-2017 12:11 PM
ExPMD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ExPMDSend a Private Message to ExPMDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All, just joining the forum. Old retired guy here in Las Vegas, Nevada. Done lots of "neat" stuff in my career, but it all started as a young engineer at Pontiac Motor Division. I came on board just as Delorean was leaving to head up Chevrolet. Yes, I knew Hulki Aldekacti; saw him almost daily, but never worked directly with him on any projects. Worked heavily on the second gen Firebird/Trans Am. I left in 1974 as a result of lingering effects of the Oil Embargo....several years before the Fiero project would materialize. I recently got an 87 GT for next to nothing, and being on a retirement budget, have a similar amount to spend on it...lol. You'll see me on here scrounging for parts

[This message has been edited by ExPMD (edited 11-28-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool!

Welcome to PFF. Lots of other old guys here.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! I am sure you will be a great resource to many of us here.

So thank you in advance

-Regards,
Van
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness, you live in a nice part of the country.
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum. A lot of helpful and good information here. If I can be of any help in the restoration or custom parts, let me know

Russ

www.rwupholstery.com
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, and welcome to the hobby and the forum!
I am also retired, and of limited income, and building a dream Fiero...a yellow 88 CJB Formula with a Series II GTP L67. I have built a few muscle cars over the years, and this will probably be the last one. I am working out of a single bay garage, with an attached storage shed, and only during 3 seasons...so challenges are evident.
In my favor, I have plenty of free time, an understanding and very helpful wife, and a neighborhood that does not frown on shade tree mechanic work (more rare every day).
If you plan the outcome of your project with detail, you can form a parts list that maximizes your budget. Once that is done, leverage time and patience to accomplish the purchases, by waiting and watching for each part to become available at a reasonable price. I have almost everything needed to accomplish this build now, thanks to many members of this forum who have posted parts in the mall that fit my list...and others who posted on Craigslist and eBay.
Also, use the forum to sell any 'surplus' parts resulting from your work. The doodad collecting dust in the corner might be just what someone like me is waiting to see for sale. The income is useful to purchase miscellaneous small parts 'over the counter' for your own build. Good luck, have fun and keep us posted.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (DD)

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well good news, you live in the same city as the largest Fiero yard in the world. Right here in Las Vegas. (link in my sig)
You should stop by sometime and check us out.
Don't worry I don't want to shove parts down your throat, (but probably have whatever you could need) But I bet you have great stories that I would love to hear.
------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada
Now on my 12th Fiero

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 12-01-2017).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A retired ex-Pontiac engineer....with a Fiero who needs parts.....in Las Vegas.....Prepare to have your brain picked!

Welcome. Many good folks here, and I'm sure some of us will try to "pester" you for answers to things you've got no clue about.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing about your project.

HAGO!

PS: You DO know that you are in the same town with the guy that took the Fiero to the next level......you know....kind of picked up where GM left off with it? I'm talking about V8 Archie. Do a search on here, if you're not already aware of his accomplishments and reputation. He "semi"-retired to Vegas some time ago, and as far as I know, is still involved with Fiero's and the Fiero world. At any rate, you won't find a better source of information and/or resources than Archie.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 12-01-2017).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness, as they say.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

A ____fil in the blank_____....with a Fiero who needs parts.....in Las Vegas.....Prepare to have your brain picked!

I know that feeling quite well

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock