Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero's of Central Florida Club Meet (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero's of Central Florida Club Meet by Villain
Started on: 05-12-2017 12:58 PM
Replies: 44 (1480 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-06-2017 04:26 PM
Villain

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero's Of Central Florida will be meeting June 5th at 6pm at The Whale, come join us. The address is 230 Wymore Road, Altamonte Springs, Florida
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Proud88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure who you are but Central Florida Fieros meets on the first Thursday of the month at Anthony's Pizza. Also, if you are another club that is great but you should pick another name. We are incorporated with the Central Florida Fieros. I will show up on the 5th to meet the other Central Florida Fieros. That is funny.

Mitchell

Good eye John

[This message has been edited by Proud88GT (edited 05-15-2017).]

MacGyvers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MacGyversSend a Private Message to MacGyversEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are their any Fiero clubs in the Tampa FL area?
BeachBumPete

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BeachBumPeteSend a Private Message to BeachBumPeteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats funny is that not only Central Florida Fieros but Space coast fiero's received requests from me to join their websites weeks ago and have yet to hear anything from either of them. I am currently Fieroless but working on it. Have had several now. Either way it would have been nice to meet local Fiero Folk and get together.

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm me and I will make sure you are added to the site. We get a lot of spam request. Sometimes it is hard to pinpoint who is who.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

I am not sure who you are but Central Fiero Fieros meets on the first Thursday of the month at Anthony's Pizza.
Mitchell

The name of your group is Central Fiero Fieros? This just makes things even more confusing

triads

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triadsSend a Private Message to triadsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any admins at CFF care to validate my registration? Been since4 April 11th. How about a member there relay this message to the site admin?
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run Fiero's of Central Florida on Facebook, I know orlando people had a group that nobody would accept request too. I'm not trying to confuse anyone, my group is consisted of mostly people I've met local around me that have Fiero's. If you want to show up, then show up, otherwise don't. Hoping for a nice sized turnout, hope to see some of the group I've never heard back from. If anyone has any questions or would like direct contact to me my number is 407-473-9350 or you can email me at trentmela@gmail.com
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2017 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recommend that you change up your email address and phone number, so that spam bots don't pick you up.
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run Fiero's of Central Florida on Facebook, I know orlando people had a group that nobody would accept request too. I'm not trying to confuse anyone, my group is consisted of mostly people I've met local around me that have Fiero's. If you want to show up, then show up, otherwise don't. Hoping for a nice sized turnout, hope to see some of the group I've never heard back from. If anyone has any questions or would like direct contact to me my number is 407-473-9350 or you can email me at trentmela@gmail.com
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't see any point in having two competing Fiero clubs in the same area. Maybe your group and the CFF group could get together and hang out.
PFF
System Bot
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's no competition, as theres nothing to compete over. I'm just trying to get people to do something different and interact. Hope to see some of you there. Sorry for the double post btw
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are two groups on Facebook that are not Central Florida Fieros club. Central Florida Fieros group was set up by a club member that passed away sometime ago and then there is Fiero's of Central Florida group. (not sure what the Fieros own but whatever). The only official site that Central Florida Fieros owns and runs is www.centralfloridafieros.com Both of these I am in the process of getting them removed from Facebook as they are clearly in violation of Facebook's policy of acting as Central Florida Fieros Organization. I have asked that the Central Florida Fieros page adds me as an admin therefore an active officer is part of the page and therefore the page can remain on Facebook. Again, I don't have a problem with multiple clubs in the same area but the name clearly may lead some to thing Central Florida Fieros and Fiero's of Central Florida are one in the same. This is an issue and needs to be corrected.

Mitchell
President of Central Florida Fieros

Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run Fiero's of Central Florida. More or so less, head it. We are a group, but we don't pay dues or anything. It's a strictly for fun group. I'm pretty sure your allowed to have your own collective of people. It'd be cool to see you guys there, but if your coming to show how rude Fiero people can be and try and cause some sort of chaos then don't. The Pub is owned by a fellow enthusiast and rude behaviour isn't an option. You have my number and email, any further questions or comments your free to call me
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again. I don't think you understand the issue. I am not being rude. I am asking you to change the name as it is similar to Central Florida Fieros name. It is called branding aka trade mark. I am sure if your friend that owns The Whale found out that an other company opened a store just like his with the name Whale down the street from his store he would ask the same. Also, Central Florida Fieros does not collect any dues and we are also a fun group of guys/girls just like every other Fiero owner I have been around for 18 plus years. I will be at the meeting on the 5th to meet everyone.

I am also cool with another group to people getting together to form their own club or group of people. Just need to change your name that is all.

Mitchell

fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what I do remember is the Central FL Fiero been around for decades and if I recall the name has not changed and I attended the club back in the 1993-1994 and stayed as a member up to the time before Courtesy Pontiac in Longwood closed. We use to meet upstairs on the 2nd flr-- I have met some of the members but lost track as to how many are veterans, if any all .. I will find the original club manager business card as I still have laying around here--

My car will be back on the road sometime in the next 2 weeks after sitting for 15 years and i ll be happy to meet some of you --- Hope you all can work out this issue ---

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

Pm me and I will make sure you are added to the site. We get a lot of spam request. Sometimes it is hard to pinpoint who is who.

Unless it is glaringly obvious a facbook account who is requesting to join is a spammer, the admin could always add them and then if they spam, remove their post and ban them.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
I've had a join request to Central Florida Fieros pending for a long time.
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are requesting approval from the Facebook Central Florida Fiero's group that location is not run by Central Florida Fieros. The reason you never got added to the page is because the admin that was running this group died. I just found out about the group a month ago and noticed that there was not an admin on the account. Apparently Frank Martin was given admin approval at some point before the guy died. We had to close down our webpage to those that showed up to our meeting etc because we had some people in the Fiero community that would act like a fool on our page. We have changed some things on our site but it still is hard to be added to www.centralfloridafieros.com. I have now created a page for Central Florida Fieros that members can follow etc on Facebook. I am looking into adding myself to CFF's page on Facebook so that we have an active forum for members etc to post. The old guys and new are still around just with so much technology it is hard for one person to stay on it etc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the new page. Thanks.
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cool and all but go post your own thread about it, don't hijack mine. My group has nothing to do with yours, two seperate entities. I've had my collective of people for just under a year now and everything has been going just fine without you trying to start unneeded issues. I'll be changing the name soon but that's all you'll get from me and that's because Jim has requested me to as to not "step on your toes". We offer product and will be eventually doing more then meeting once a month. Have your club that's fine, but don't butt your head into mine .
PFF
System Bot
Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The group does when people think they are joining Central Florida Fieros and they are not. why does it matter if I post on this tread? You must be afraid that you will loose something. By the way Central Florida Fieros offers a service and has been offering that service since 1991. Not sure why that matters but there you go.

Again, we don't care if there is another group but don't try to market yourself as Central Florida Fieros. We are glad to see another group of Fiero enthusiasts and will welcome them.
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How am I marketing us as your group. We share almost no common members aside from 1 or 2. I'm not loosing anything, I'm just saying if you wanna tell people about your group then start your own thread. But don't get interested into what I'm doing just to start an issue. You haven't been heard from in years. I tried to contact a long time ago to no response as plenty of other people had.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that the idea of changing the name of this group to Sunshine Fieros is really a great idea.

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To chime in here.... You started a thread saying that Fieros of Central Florida will be meeting...... There is a WELL established group named "Central Florida Fieros" . All you did was swap 2 of the words around. Then you post you will be meeting at the Whale. This, I am sure, would more than confuse many people reading it wondering of Central Florida Fieros is meeting at a different location and time.

Someone asked you nicely, to respect the name is taken already, and you reply with attitude in many of your posts, and by asking the person to stay out of your thread?

Originally posted by Villain:
I've had my collective of people for just under a year now and everything has been going just fine without you trying to start unneeded issues.

So you have your very own "collective of people".... what is that exactly?

And what is the need for the hostility / bad attitude?

Originally posted by Villain: If you want to show up, then show up, otherwise don't.

Originally posted by Villain: go post your own thread about it, don't hijack mine.

Originally posted by Villain: I'll be changing the name soon but that's all you'll get from me

Originally posted by Villain: Have your club that's fine, but don't butt your head into mine .

Look closely at all of Proud88GT's responses, he was respectful and polite in every single post, unlike yours.

The idea of another group is great, more than great actually! However, it is best to come up with your OWN name, instead of closely copying one that has been existence for almost 30 years. When you come up with a new name, I suggest starting a brand new thread with the name of YOUR group in the title, I can almost promise that no one would have any issue with it in any way, and in fact we will welcome a new Fiero enthusiast group! I would certainly be glad to attend the meetings of both groups!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Middle Florida Fieros? Central State Fieros? Mid State Fieros?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
”Sunshine Fieros” sounds really good.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

”Sunshine Fieros” sounds really good.

I take it that the Suncoast Fiero Club is no longer active?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

That's cool and all but go post your own thread about it, don't hijack mine. My group has nothing to do with yours, two seperate entities. I've had my collective of people for just under a year now and everything has been going just fine without you trying to start unneeded issues. I'll be changing the name soon but that's all you'll get from me and that's because Jim has requested me to as to not "step on your toes". We offer product and will be eventually doing more then meeting once a month. Have your club that's fine, but don't butt your head into mine .

Just as a suggestion, you might not want to be accusing anyone of hijacking threads considering the fact that you did exactly the same thing to Sage over in the Mall section.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/075582.html

Interestingly enough you also did a good bit of "name dropping" over there as well, using the name of Fiero Fiberglass to hawk your potential product without permission of the owner of that business name.

It's good that you deleted your posts there after your phone conversation with JimmyS.

I don't doubt that Jim C. told you to change the name of your club. Many of us around here have known Jim for a long time. He is a good guy and he certainly doesn't need anyone stirring up trouble for him or his business with Fiero owners around here.

Somehow I get the impression that you really don't know the long time Fiero owners and clubs around Florida very well.

Using other people's business name and slight mutations of other Florida Fiero club's long established names isn't going to sit well with most folks and neither is your confrontational attitude with other Florida Fiero groups.

Have your club that's fine, but don't butt your head into mine .

You really might want to rethink your approach on this.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-04-2017).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
I take it that the Suncoast Fiero Club is no longer active?

I wouldn't know. Good to see you post. I haven't seen your posts for a bit.
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't hawk **** . I don't need to use a name of another vendor to "hype" a product. If you have an issue with me, then quit being a keyboard warrior and come to the shop so you can discuss it in person.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't hawk **** . I don't need to use a name of another vendor to "hype" a product. If you have an issue with me, then quit being a keyboard warrior and come to the shop so you can discuss it in person.

I don't need to drive 60 miles round trip to have a stupid confrontation with you at Jim C's shop.

You want to call me a "keyboard warrior" , pfffft, I've been called a lot worse than that by folks a lot more important than you kid.

A lot of us Florida Fiero owners were building our cars, having our club meetings, doing the Daytona show and even doing business with Jim when you were still in GRADE SCHOOL young fella.

I offered you some advice ONE TIME here and now you apparently want to play "tuff guy" with me as well as continue to be a little jerk toward other people around Central Florida?

So be it.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-04-2017).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by tshark:

I wouldn't know. Good to see you post. I haven't seen your posts for a bit.

Thanks!

It's been awhile since I've been actively posting here in GFC or the Tech section.

I've been away from the " Fiero thing" since my family has been so involved with Indy Car racing. My younger brother being a team owner and my nephew, (his son) coming up as a driver pretty quickly. Had 3 races in Indy Car last season and he just got back from Europe driving in the Euro LeMans sports endurance series at Monza, Italy at Spa in Belgium and at Paul Ricard in France. We're hoping to have him in a full time ride back in Indy Car soon.

I still love my Fiero. I just need to get business and life to settle down enough again for me to spend more time with it.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please allow me to retract my statement above. I personally do not want to attend anything you have put together, or by someone with such a bad attitude, and obvious lack of maturity. I do sincerely wish that you and your "collective of people" enjoy your newly formed club. I just think that it is not something for me is all.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-05-2017).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suggested reading....

"How to win friends and influence people"

PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Villain, to sum up...

The Facebook group you've created is using too similar of a name to an already established group. They want you to change the name so people don't think you're affiliated with them (which they definitely don't want now that you're acting the way you are). If their name is trademarked they can pursue legal action to make you stop using yours.

Your way of doing things is starting to piss people off. Not a good idea in a tight knit community. They can actually ban you through giving you negative ratings. Might want to adjust your tone in the most widely viewed area of the forum.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PARAD0X:

Villain, to sum up...

Your way of doing things is starting to piss people off. Not a good idea in a tight knit community.

This kid just doesn't know when to quit.

It's obvious that he has no clue that Fiero owners and groups are pretty well connected with each other across Florida after all these years. Even on Facebook....

Apparently he doesn't seem to like PFF too much either:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-05-2017).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cool thing about facebook is that you can block people and never see them again.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The cool thing about facebook is that you can block people and never see them again.

Yep!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find myself wanting to see Florida.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock