Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I'm still alive, how about you? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm still alive, how about you? by Custom2M4
Started on: 04-22-2017 12:01 PM
Replies: 44 (1123 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 06-05-2017 06:06 PM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still kickin around, who else is still out there?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear you're alive. I'm still around...

Bob
nishabd71

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nishabd71Send a Private Message to nishabd71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm new on the forum posting but I always check the post for the past years,
fierotrev2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierotrev2014Send a Private Message to fierotrev2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still around

Trevor
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Everyone else who isn't alive, raise your hand.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm still alive.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
03 BMW X5: bad weather car

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of the forum members are still alive but at times you would hardly know it. There are thousands of Fiero owners but how many really take their cars out to the shows? Most of the Fiero owners in my home state are "armchair hobbyists" that seem to have their cars as garage queens. You'd have to believe that rigor mortis has already set in. What's the use of having a collectible car if you don't drive it and are not active in the hobby?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis,
Sent you a PM while back, please check it out!
Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh?
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still here. Still driving my Pontiac Excitment. I drop by daily but don't post much.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Many of the forum members are still alive but at times you would hardly know it. There are thousands of Fiero owners but how many really take their cars out to the shows? Most of the Fiero owners in my home state are "armchair hobbyists" that seem to have their cars as garage queens. You'd have to believe that rigor mortis has already set in. What's the use of having a collectible car if you don't drive it and are not active in the hobby?

Agreed!

Besides... although our Fieros are 'collectible' they are never going to be worth enough to retire on its sale

So there's LITTLE point in not driving them to summer shows and meets in an effort to keep the mileage down.

The value is going to be the same regardless of whether you put on a couple thousand miles a year on it or not...

A few years back, I had taken my GT to the local strip for Friday night 1/4 mile drags.
A guy there recognized it and said "I have to admire a man who brings his World of Wheels winning showcar to the track..."

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-23-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,Jerry Lynn..aka-winger1955. 1988 Fiero GT, red with beechwood. 5 speed trans. still here.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

A few years back, I had taken my GT to the local strip for Friday night 1/4 mile drags.
A guy there recognized it and said "I have to admire a man who brings his World of Wheels winning showcar to the track..."

I just read about your 3.4 Engine build... awesome work. I wish I knew how to do that. I always liked a 3.4 built up with the Fiero Parts and the supercharger is really a nice touch. I bet that engine sounds awesome!

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here. I just picked up a 1988 Mera and I'll start a thread soon.

------------------

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here, just been REALLY busy with LIFE!
Don't get to spend as much time or $ on my passion as I use to...but that will eventually change with time
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I no longer have Fieros but I check back in from time to time.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nishabd71:

I'm new on the forum posting but I always check the post for the past years,

Welcome to PFF, nishabd71!

As for the OP, I'm still alive too! That's largely because I stopped reading threads from the OT section... This site is much more fun when you just concentrate on Fieros.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still here, still having a hard time getting much done. I do have a street bike project that I started last November that is getting close, and have been using the Indy Hauler as a 3 season daily driver for the last several years.

Joe
SteveKelley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveKelleySend a Private Message to SteveKelleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's alive! Alive I say!!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still here, but the car is currently a 1:1 scale matchbox car (unhappy engine)
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1 - Thank You...
PFF
System Bot
pgackeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can neither confirm or deny your query..
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alive? Let me ask my wife. She said hardly but I still have my 86GT with the 4.9.
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here and my admiration of Fiero's has never wained. I fell in love with Fiero's in 1985 when the new GT model was introduced with the V6 engine and rounded front end. On February 13, 1986 I bought a brand new 85 fully loaded red GT that was on display in the Dealers show room for $17,490.00 CAD.

I love both the notchback and fastback designs and think they are absolutely beautiful and a work of art. Their timeless design Enduraflex body panels with smooth, soft flowing curves and lines are comparable to and in many cases outshine the convoluted sports car designs we see on the road today.

It's unfortunate that Fiero's got such a bad rap with mechanical issues that were blown out of proportion and ultimately affected their resale values, but that will change as pristine collectible Fiero numbers diminish each year. If one compares a Fiero to a Delorean, in my opinion the Fiero design wins hands down yet the Delorean is more highly sought after and commands higher resale values mostly due to its limited production of about 9,000 cars compared to 370,167 Fiero's. However when comparing production numbers for 1988 Fiero's only 6,849 GT's and 19,553 Base models were produced. So in fact 88 Fiero GT numbers are considerably less than those produced by Delorean and of the 6,849 GT's originally produced, I wonder how many actually now remain?

Read the description on the following 1981 Delorean listed on eBay for $54,000 and it makes you wonder why anyone would want to spend that kind of money on a car that was plagued with so many problems, not to mention being trapped inside if for some reason the doors couldn't be opened.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1981...8:g:JoAAAOSwAANY8OWn

On another topic, there are quite a few members here from Winnipeg Manitoba. Is there any interest in forming a Manitoba Fiero Owners Group for exchanging information and occasional get togethers?

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 04-24-2017).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

I'm still here and my admiration of Fiero's has never wained. I fell in love with Fiero's in 1985 when the new GT model was introduced with the V6 engine and rounded front end. On February 13, 1986 I bought a brand new 85 fully loaded red GT that was on display in the Dealers show room for $17,490.00 CAD.

I love both the notchback and fastback designs and think they are absolutely beautiful and a work of art. Their timeless design Enduraflex body panels with smooth, soft flowing curves and lines are comparable to and in many cases outshine the convoluted sports car designs we see on the road today.

It's unfortunate that Fiero's got such a bad rap with mechanical issues that were blown out of proportion and ultimately affected their resale values, but that will change as pristine collectible Fiero numbers diminish each year. If one compares a Fiero to a Delorean, in my opinion the Fiero design wins hands down yet the Delorean is more highly sought after and commands higher resale values mostly due to its limited production of about 9,000 cars compared to 370,167 Fiero's. However when comparing production numbers for 1988 Fiero's only 6,849 GT's and 19,553 Base models were produced. So in fact 88 Fiero GT numbers are considerably less than those produced by Delorean and of the 6,849 GT's originally produced, I wonder how many actually now remain?

Read the description on the following 1981 Delorean listed on eBay for $54,000 and it makes you wonder why anyone would want to spend that kind of money on a car that was plagued with so many problems, not to mention being trapped inside if for some reason the doors couldn't be opened.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1981...8:g:JoAAAOSwAANY8OWn

On another topic, there are quite a few members here from Winnipeg Manitoba. Is there any interest in forming a Manitoba Fiero Owners Group for exchanging information and occasional get togethers?

The comparison of the Fiero to the Delorean is a good one. The D cars sell for big bucks mainly because they have stainless steel bodies and gullwing doors but that's about it. With the small Peugeot engine the performance was not impressive but they do have collector value. The Fiero is nowhere as collectible but I like the Fiero styling better and for a few thousand for an engine swap, you can have neck snapping performance. Credit Ralph Nader for killing the Fieros reputation and credit the Back to the Future movies for creating the demand for the Delorean.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

Believe it or not but I was a member of the WFOG' (Winnipeg Fiero owners group) back in 2003. It was booming back then.

As for the delorean comment, why would anyone want to spend money on a Fiero... they all caught fire. See what I did there...

My engine is currently sitting at Northstar Performance getting some new eagle connecting rods. I managed to bend two rods.. so fingers crossed that I can get that back soon and put it back in.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-26-2017).]

canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Believe it or not but I was a member of the WFOG' (Winnipeg Fiero owners group) back in 2003. It was booming back then.

As for the delorean comment, why would anyone want to spend money on a Fiero... they all caught fire. See what I did there...

My engine is currently sitting at Northstar Performance getting some new eagle connecting rods. I managed to bend two rods.. so fingers crossed that I can get that back soon and put it back in.

So what became of the WFOG?
Good Luck with your engine and hopefully you will soon be back dogging the potholes on Winnipeg's streets, Lol!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still breathing.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
type type... yep I see stuff I typed.. I'm here.
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here. Haven't posted for a while, but I visit the site regularly.

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2017 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Did you get awesome performance before it broke? I have Fieroaddictions turbo intercooled N* Fiero project and a 355 Ferrari bodied N* fiero. Fiero King installed my turbols4 in my lambo bodied Fiero. Another guy with identical setup turbo ls4 dynode at 640hp so I'm pretty sure I have similar hp. The stock 300hp ls4 is way more than adequate.
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

I no longer have Fieros but I check back in from time to time.

Same here. I just gotta see what's happening here once in a while.
Not enough hours in the day, but I'm turning 60 next week and I always thought I'd have MORE time on my hands as I get older. Uh... no.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If owners are still alive in NY, NY, PA, CT, OH, DE, MD, & VA they might want to come to the Fieros at Carlisle show on Jun 24th at the 121 acre Carlisle fairgrounds. Thousands of classic GM cars show up there and plenty of Fieros. Last year about 50 Fieros showed up. Judging by the pre-registrations that MAFOA has received so far; the event in 2017 will be quite a bit larger. Its one of the largest cars shows in the USA and probably in the top three Fiero Shows. Its a really great fun show that has something for everyone.

No this is not an ad. MAFOA is 100% non-profit

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Trekker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been away for about 3 years or so. Had to let the Fiero ('86 2m4) sit for awhile (now has 81K original miles), until I could save the money for the much needed repairs on my poor little car. Just have a few cosmetics yet to do and it will be back to looking and driving like new! Well now that my son is 21 he can drive it too. Yes I'm nervous lol.

------------------

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Living, breathing and still kicking of sorts.
Lurking from afar listening to the in fighting still going on, the reason I don't visit much anymore.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just consider myself NOS... or OOS (Old, Old Stock?) :-)

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, you aren't as old as some of us..... : )

And I'm still floating around here and there......

Mark the paint guy
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As my dad says, "I'm still vertical".
Kit
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still lurking..

Getting ready to get the 86 silver ghost out of hibernation..

------------------
86 SE V6 Auto
65 Tempest 400 CID
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2017 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still lurking around on here.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock