84 Fiero Junkyard Find by ag9123
Started on: 12-20-2016 11:13 AM
Replies: 3 (257 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 12-20-2016 01:56 PM
ag9123

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ag9123Send a Private Message to ag9123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.autoblog.com/201...4-pontiac-fiero-2m4/

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a double-take when I saw the first picture on the link. That car is located in the Pick N Pull lot in Newark, CA. So strange to recognize it on a blog site. A friend purchased a white 84 recently so we went down there on December 3rd with a shopping list about a week after it had arrived. Those pictures were taken sometime before we got there. We had high hopes for the tail lights but they had both been busted up when the trunk lid was forced open. Such a shame. Anyway we got the front bumper cover and some interior pieces, including the console skeleton which was in pretty good shape. Would have liked to get the speaker style seats but they were too far gone for me to bother with. The wheels were still on it when we saw it as well. I guess they hadn't been removed yet due to the wheel locks. I actually found the wheel lock lug nut key (not sure if it is original. Made by McGard) in the trunk and snagged it just in case I ever had a need for it.

Anyway, there were actually three Fieros there at that time. The 84, plus an 85 coupe and a 87 GT. I've never seen three of them in the same lot at the same time before. It felt like Christmas in, well, um, December... LOL! There had all arrived there in November so they were all within a couple of rows of each other. I bounced around between all three cherry picking the items we needed or that I thought were usable. The condition on all the cars was not very good so It was not a great haul, but it was kind of fun calling back and forth about various items we had found.

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I did a double-take when I saw the first picture on the link. That car is located in the Pick N Pull lot in Newark, CA. So strange to recognize it on a blog site. A friend purchased a white 84 recently so we went down there on December 3rd with a shopping list about a week after it had arrived. Those pictures were taken sometime before we got there. We had high hopes for the tail lights but they had both been busted up when the trunk lid was forced open. Such a shame. Anyway we got the front bumper cover and some interior pieces, including the console skeleton which was in pretty good shape. Would have liked to get the speaker style seats but they were too far gone for me to bother with. The wheels were still on it when we saw it as well. I guess they hadn't been removed yet due to the wheel locks. I actually found the wheel lock lug nut key (not sure if it is original. Made by McGard) in the trunk and snagged it just in case I ever had a need for it.

There's an '88 down in Fresno if you ever get down that way, which I imagine will be gone by the next time I'm in the area.

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

There's an '88 down in Fresno if you ever get down that way, which I imagine will be gone by the next time I'm in the area.

Yep, I saw that one on the Pick N Pull site. Too far for me though. That's a 3+ hour drive from me. Newark was about my drive limit of about 2 hours each way. We only went because of the 84 stuff we hoped to find. The other two were a potential bonus. Especially the 87 GT, but the good stuff (for me) was already gone or trashed.

We bumped into a guy while we were there, I think his name is Stephan. He was looking for a front fender to replace one on his GT that took a hit. We chatted about Pennock's and the Fiero Store as possible sources for parts and assistance. I always get a kick out of bumping into Fiero people. Nice folks... (mostly)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock