Anyone else..... by busa_powered
Started on: 10-16-2016 07:10 PM
Replies: 12 (358 views)
Last post by: busa_powered on 10-18-2016 09:56 PM
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else put a car cover on your Fiero in the garage and get asked why you do that?

My family seems to think I am being a bit overboard

LOL- truth is, I don't trust them around it, carrying bags around it, accidentally bumping into it.

I don't tell them that though!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2016 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do the same thing to my Grand Cherokee SRT for the same reason.
85pontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85pontiacSend a Private Message to 85pontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure do, although it doesn't always help. My 85 still lives in my dad's garage, even after I moved out almost 9 years ago. He has a lot of Case/Ingersoll garden tractors, and fits them in where ever he can in between the cars. A few months ago, he was backing one in behind my car, and a rear wheel weight bolt caught the left rear bumper pad, tearing a whole in my cover along with tearing the bumper pad away from the bumper. He then tried to "fix it" by gluing it back down with 3M emblem adhesive. He feels terrible about it, and I can't say anything about it because the car is in his garage. So it just is what it is. He also likes to leave the garage door open while he mows, covering everything in the garage with a nice layer of dust, so the cover does help with that.
This is an old pic, but it's still in the same spot. They have an 07 Sky that sits beside it. The Fiero sits more forward now, closer to the overhead door, and you can see how tight it is behind, where he now keeps one of his tractors.

Edit: I found a pic from last summer:

------------------
Adam
1984 Sport Coupe Auto.
1985 Sport Coupe 5 Speed
1987 GT Auto.
2006 Torrent AWD, wife's daily driver
1995 Jeep Wrangler daily driver
1989 Yamaha VMax

[This message has been edited by 85pontiac (edited 10-17-2016).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always a good idea to cover it when in storage. I wish I would have last year - ended up with multiple scratches from "unknown" incidents (no one 'fesed up to any of them ). I seem to be the only one who is careful about keeping it perfect (or at least as close to it as possible)

I will most certainly be covering it THIS winter, even while parked in the garage.
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, GTO always has a cover on when sitting the garage over the winter.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I park my car in the garage all year even while daily driving it. But when I wont drive it for a month or so it gets covered!!!
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I do also....
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why could you not make the title of the thread "Anyone else use a car cover in the garage"? I mean seriously, just a thread tile of "Anyone else"?

It helps people find, and answer questions when the title of a thread actually makes sense. Am I wrong is pointing this out? Maybe I should have just ignored the thread, as I do normally, when it has a title like this, and not posted.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-17-2016).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Why could you not make the title of the thread "Anyone else use a car cover in the garage"? I mean seriously, just a thread tile of "Anyone else"?

It helps people find, and answer questions when the title of a thread actually makes sense. Am I wrong is pointing this out? Maybe I should have just ignored the thread, as I do normally, when it has a title like this, and not posted.

You are right John. But not everyone is smart as you.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the time.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been asked, but yeah I cover it, even just for dust over the winter.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 is sitting in the garage under a cover right now. Will be that way all winter.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2016 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

How about you title your posts your way, and I post MY posts MY way......Thank You

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock