Started on: 09-13-2016 06:59 AM
Replies: 19 (666 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 09-22-2016 12:42 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I haven't had a Fiero in the last 6 months. I have not really been looking but you know how it is once you have the bug.
So surfing Craig's list yesterday I found a 1986 SE 4 speed V6 with 98000 miles on it.
Good shape for its age and just needs some love. It looks so much like the SE that I lost in an accident a few years back.

I pick it up in the next couple of days. I'm excited to get the little car and start enjoying my commute back and forth to work.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://fortwayne.craigslist.../cto/5731938420.html

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 09-13-2016).]

Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

Is the right side horn button glued on backwards?

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judging by the fuel gage you better gas it up. Hopefully you make it to the gas station.

[This message has been edited by Jason88Notchie (edited 09-13-2016).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car - I like the black on gold, looks good. Lots of potential

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Judging by the fuel gage you better gas it up. Hopefully you make it to the gas station.

Yea I was a little worried on the test drive He said he would put gas in it before I pick it up.
Came down a little hill and had to stop and it stalled from the gas splashing around.

Will need a tune up, tires are soft from sitting but hold air.
The intake tube is a pre recall so it needs to either be replaced or the hole plugged.
Drivers seat bolster is trashed but the rest of the seat looks good.
Shows the normal stuff you expect from an older car that has been taken care of early in life then sat
Just needs some Jake_Dragon attention.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

Nice!

Looks like its an after market. I will be upgrading to a GT wheel anyway. Never liked the horn buttons, I keep breaking them off
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a nice find.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Looks like a nice find.

I'm excited. Going to pick it up early if I can.
The back story helps, I will start a new thread as a project thread.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I'm excited. Going to pick it up early if I can.
The back story helps, I will start a new thread as a project thread.

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to hearing about it. Looks like a solid car BTW.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Looks good, too.
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Jake
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder why the odometer is cracked.......
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Looks like its an after market.

No... Fiero 88 was correct. That's a factory horn button that's been flipped over. It's probably supposed to be for the other side (which is why it's been flipped to fit).
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I brought the car home today
The person I bought it from got it from his father when he passed away
We are both really happy with the transaction he knows the car is in good hands and that I am not going to trash it
And I feel good because I got the car from someone that really cared for it and it will make me feel good fixing what little left there is to do
I do not plan on getting crazy with modifications on this car I just want to get it back into good shape and put a nice paint job on it
At some point I believe I'll update the seats to Mr. mike but that will be the end of any real modifications that you can see from the street
At this point I am just looking for a nice daily driver stock Fiero Mission accomplished
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats,nice find but what took you so long? Remember, once a Fiero owner, always a Fiero owner. When the Fiero bug gets in your blood it never goes away.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Congrats,nice find but what took you so long? Remember, once a Fiero owner, always a Fiero owner. When the Fiero bug gets in your blood it never goes away.

Isn't that the truth!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Life --> always gets in the way.
But I'm working on that.

Not going crazy with this one or planning anything I cant get done in a day or less.
No engine swap or anything like that. Just a fun DD that I can fix small stuff on.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 09-21-2016).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096969.html

This is the thread about the car and what I am doing to/with it.
I cant wait to start driving it and getting out of the high chair made by dodge.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock