Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Rocket Bunny Fiero #ProjectFZero (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rocket Bunny Fiero #ProjectFZero by Fiero Tony
Started on: 07-26-2016 03:43 PM
Replies: 88 (4908 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 07-20-2018 07:40 PM
Fiero Tony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone, been lurking on the forums for while and decided to finally post on here. So a little back ground about me. I got into the Fieros when I was in High School. Pops brought home one day a sweet 88 Fiero GT in red. Fell in love with it at first site. Got to drive to school a couple of times which I eventually took over the car. We eventually sold it and I bought a grey 87 5 speed GT and then I bought a white 86 5 speed GT Turbo but that phase ended pretty fast when I bought a Infiniti G35. Well fast forward 9 years later I want to introduce yall to a little project that I've been working on for about two years now. About two years ago I was looking into a project car to mess with. Couldn't really decide what car to really plug myself into that would be a fun project until I started thinking about my first car I had back in high school so I picked up a 5 speed 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. So here are the previous Fieros I had back in my days. I don't have a picture of my first Fiero.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Luckily I scored a nice deal on this one from Las Vegas and the guy was kind enough to drive the car to Texas to which I paid for all the petro stops, meals and paid for his flight back to Vegas. Nice dude and much props for him for doing that. So I inspected the car and as he stated it was well maintained and had the upgraded 3.4 liter from the stock 2.8 liter motor. The car needed some cosmetic work so I updated the sail window panels, taillights, corner lights and did a full tune up.

During the winter of 2014 I wanted to work on updating the bulky headlights and do something different with the pop ups so I customized some light bars and it came out pretty dope. Also, added a chin spoiler for a lower aggressive look.

Last year during the summer I wanted to do a fender kit and build some 18" BBS style 5wheels to do a wide setup so I bought some standard fender flares and did some test fits. After staring at the pictures for a long time I started not liking the flow of it so I scratch that set up along with the wheel set up. So another plan was do buy a wide body Archie kit for the Fiero but the kit was very pricey for my budget.

So right around Fall of last year I picked up a cheap set of SSR Vienna Kreis. I had these rebuilt to 19's with brush faces with polished lips and gold hardware. Slap on some Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires and did some test fitting for clearance issue and sure enough it was rubbing. Also, wanted to see what my Veilside Andrews would look like for the heck of it.

So with the wheels built I started thinking of what fender kit to go with. I finally found a kit that I felt flow well with the lines of the Fiero and so I ordered the kit and started modifying kit as soon as I got it. A lot of test fitting and cutting was involved to make it look right on the car and to my surprise it came out how I vision it. Super stoke how it came out. Pretty proud of myself for doing all the work on my car. Still going to mess and tweak some things with the kit to have everything flow well which I think it does already but there are some things that bother me. I understand that this kit may not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm ok with that. Other plans I have is to install air ride systems and work on the interior. Soon I will update the motor to either a supercharge or turbo set up not sure but eventually I will get there slowly but surely.

Here are some additional pics of the car being Photoshop slammed on it's belly. I won't go that low but I wanted to get idea what the car would looked like dropped. So this past month after looking at it in different angles I decided to sell the wheels and go with a 18" deep dish wheel which I'm currently working on. I thought the 19" looked a little big on the car. I think 18" would look good with meatier tires. Also, gna have my buddy have the fender kit fit sit flush with the car and hopefully I can mold them to possibly have some for sale in the near future. So this is how the car is sitting currently. Thanks for looking!

You can follow me on Instagram (Tony.GQ.Money) or you can find everything done on the Fiero with hashtag ProjectFZero.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tony (edited 08-12-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What material are you shaping the wells with?
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good so far!

I've been working on a similar headlight design, but with a DOT-style glare-reduction pattern with a sharp cutoff. All of the light bars I've seen like yours are designed for off road use and spray too much light upward to be safe around other drivers on the road.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those stretched tires? On a Fiero....
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

What material are you shaping the wells with?

It's a one off fiberglass kit that I customized for the Fiero. Going to address the gaps, front/rear markers along with the gas cap section.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Looking good so far!

I've been working on a similar headlight design, but with a DOT-style glare-reduction pattern with a sharp cutoff. All of the light bars I've seen like yours are designed for off road use and spray too much light upward to be safe around other drivers on the road.

Awesome, I have mines pointing downward plus the headlight cover covers it from shooting it upward mostly. For the most part it does the job.

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016

Originally posted by IanT720:

Are those stretched tires? On a Fiero....

Yes, those wheels had a mild stretch. I did go a little wider on the rears but like mention I sold the wheels. Going with 18s with meatier tires.

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum Tony!

Interestingly, I ran across pictures of your Fiero a few days ago during a Google image search for "rocket bunny Fiero," so I was a bit surprised when I saw this post.

I always thought that a "rocket bunny" bodied Fiero would be sweet if done correctly

I think you are doing a great job so far. Looks awesome, I'm sure you are still in the tweaking phase. Keep it up, you are creating something very unique here.

Where did you get the flares from, and what car were they designed for? If you prefer not to share that's cool, just be prepared to be asked that question a lot around here.

This is one build I will be watching closely. Again, welcome (officially) to the forum.

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that a lot. I've tossed around the idea of some custom flares for mine and those are similar to what I had envisioned. Nice work so far!
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

Welcome to the forum Tony!

Interestingly, I ran across pictures of your Fiero a few days ago during a Google image search for "rocket bunny Fiero," so I was a bit surprised when I saw this post.

I always thought that a "rocket bunny" bodied Fiero would be sweet if done correctly

I think you are doing a great job so far. Looks awesome, I'm sure you are still in the tweaking phase. Keep it up, you are creating something very unique here.

Where did you get the flares from, and what car were they designed for? If you prefer not to share that's cool, just be prepared to be asked that question a lot around here.

This is one build I will be watching closely. Again, welcome (officially) to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome brotha and thanks for the kind words. I won't mention where I got the kit from just yet because I do plan on tweaking this kit to make it fit flush on our cars and sell them in the future if it sparks interest in the Fiero Community. My buddy will help address the tweaks next month and hopefully I will have the wheels completed as well. Here are the wheels that I'm going with. They are called Veilside Andrews F. A very rare set and hard to come by. These wheels are famously known as the Toretto wheels from the first Fast and Furious movie. They where are the red RX7. I have them currently on my e24 which I'm having a another set of wheels being built for that car. So these will come off and will be painted satin black centers with a glossy black lips and gold hardware. Also, going to do a dual drill on this set since they are 5x120. These will be deep dish lips so stay tuned.

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

I like that a lot. I've tossed around the idea of some custom flares for mine and those are similar to what I had envisioned. Nice work so far!

Thanks man! Hopefully I can have this kit complete and tweaked to make it sit right so I can produce couple of kits for sale in the near future.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016
When I created the diffuser I painted American flag on it for fun. Also, had one of the guys from IG shrink my car into a Micro Machine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!
Do those headlights put out decent light, or are they more so people can see you coming, rather than you seeing say, a deer on a country road?
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Welcome!
Do those headlights put out decent light, or are they more so people can see you coming, rather than you seeing say, a deer on a country road?

Let's just say my headlights are illegal. This light bars are made for more off road use. The output is super bright. Basically like having your high beams on at all times.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tony:

Let's just say my headlights are illegal. This light bars are made for more off road use. The output is super bright. Basically like having your high beams on at all times.

Heh, I figured.
Maybe some adjustment to input power could dim them?
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Night Veiws

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I came across my old Fiero on Craigslist the other day. Pretty cool to see it still taken care of. Spoke to the guy and he mentioned that it's still the same when he bought back in 2005 but the only thing he did was paint job. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/5702558897.html

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016
Petro Shot!

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016
Rolling Shot!

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice rollin shot!
PFF
System Bot
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just put these right here:

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 08-03-2016).]

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Nice rollin shot!

Thanks. I need to take more rolling shots!
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016

I'll just put these right here:

Nice renders!! Pretty much the direction I'm going and with the same rear mount wing. Chop top wouldn't prob happen on this car tho. I'm 6'1 so I need all the head room. Can you possibly do a render with one of my picutures of my car with the Veilside wheels and same rear mount wing and lowered as well?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, I'd love to take credit for those renderings... but the're not mine. They are from this thread:

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...0544&style=printable

That said... there are a few members here that are really good at photo chopping, maybe one of them can jump in here and assist you with that.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 08-04-2016).]

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony, I'd love to take credit for those renderings... but their not mine. They are from this thread:

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...0544&style=printable

That said... there are a few members here that are really good at photo chopping, maybe one of them can jump in here and assist you with that.

Gotcha. Pretty cool to see that me and him have the same ideas for the Fiero. Well hopefully someone here will render my vision.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The renderer of that image, I'd love to have a car or two done up as well.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gotcha. Pretty cool to see that me and him have the same ideas for the Fiero. Well hopefully someone here will render my vision.

Tony... post some pics and your ideas in this thread ... you should get some photoshop help easily.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 08-04-2016).]

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doodling kinda night. Rebuilding the Veilside Andrews that I have on my e24 for the Fiero and doing satin black centers with glossy black lips and gold hardware. I wanted to see how they would look on there so here's a sample. Thoughts? Also, going with a rear mount wing later with a front splitter and hopefully address the fender kit gaps this month.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tony (edited 08-07-2016).]

Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I.... really don't like it.

It stinks of the most overrated trends of the 2010's.

next thing you'll show us is the car "stanced out"

ugh.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like where you are going so far.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't like the many many spoked wheels. But we all have out own tastes.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2016 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleaned up the render with moar low with and without Nitto tire stickers which I'm more leaning towards.

P.S. Can't figure how to shrink the size of these pics to show so in the meantime click the IMG link and the picture should come up.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good ! Keep plugging away !
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do like where you're going with this!

LOVE those flares too... I'll be keeping an eye out for more info on those! :-)

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another set of wheels I have that I'm currently rebuilding that I wanted to see how they would look on there. Looks like imma be rocking both sets.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't figure how to shrink the size of these pics to show...

Tony, your car looks great. It's a shame that so many of the images won't simply display. It's kind of a nuisance for everyone to have to click on one icon after another.

Just a suggestion, but my advice on posting images here...

It's preferable that members not use Photobucket to host images for use at PFF... as sure as heck one day these images almost always disappear. It's a crying shame when this occurs, as it then renders the posts/threads absolutely useless.

If you're running Windows, a much better way to host/post images here is to use PIP which was designed specifically for use with this site. This is the only way to ensure that posted images will continually be here as long as PFF exists.

Images can be a maximum width of 1024 pixels. Height can be anything. Maximum file size is 300 kb. A very good free program for re-sizing and/or re-compressing images is IrfanView.

It would be great to see all your images appear like so...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-11-2016).]

liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't want to install a resizing tool you can also resize images by using the pre installed Paint application that comes on every Windows machine. From your file explorer right click on the image you want to resize and select 'Open with' and Paint should be one of the options. Then just use the resize button and change the size. Use the pixels option, not percent.

By the way are you part of the North Texas Fiero Club?

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 08-11-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

...you can also resize images by using the pre installed Paint application that comes on every Windows machine... just use the resize button and change the size. Use the pixels option

If the program doesn't allow for the re-compression of an image (to reduce file size) without having to reduce the image size, then it's next to useless. In other words, if the program can't take a 1024x768 500 kb image and create a 1024x768 300 kb image, then a better program/utility is required.

Originally posted by Patrick:

Images can be a maximum width of 1024 pixels. Height can be anything. Maximum file size is 300 kb.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2016 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
If the program doesn't allow for the re-compression of an image (to reduce file size) without having to reduce the image size, then it's next to useless. In other words, if the program can't take a 1024x768 500 kb image and create a 1024x768 300 kb image, then a better program/utility is required.

Not to detract from the thread, but this is just not true. The only practical limit is 300kB here. Anything over 300kB will have the ugly icon shown. But photobucket is particularly annoying here, as clicking the icon often also results in the photobucket site being opened as well. There are plenty of threads with images wider than 1024 pixels on this forum, which are not hidden behind such icons.

Also, what you described is not how image compression works. JPEG is a specific defined format, and taking a JPEG with the dimensions you described and simply re-saving it as JPEG, is not going to significantly reduce file size. You can reduce quality and get the same image possibly with a sizable difference in final file size, but for the most part, this is not satisfactory. Heck even 1024x768 images are incredibly small on my computer (24" 4K monitor).

Back to the topic, meh, I don't like it personally, but it's your car, so do whatever you want to it, as long as you keep it street legal (or keep it off the street).

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 08-11-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock