Waiting is hard to do...if only I could weld by MayhemWinters
Started on: 04-21-2016 12:46 PM
Replies: 31 (633 views)
Last post by: MayhemWinters on 05-03-2016 02:08 PM
MayhemWinters

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm sitting in my recliner surrounded by exhaust parts (new muffler, cat, and some tubing) and my car is in the driveway, but due to lack of welding skills the parts will have to remain around my recliner. I have a trustworthy and Fiero friendly mechanic that can weld, but he runs a small shop by himself and is busy for awhile. I like to do most of the work myself unless it requires certain skills I did not aquire, like welding. At the moment I'm staying with a roommate and he owns the house so he sets the rules, so if there is work i can do myself i still have to have my mechanic do it. For some reason my roomate seems to hate my Fiero, (is it just me or do all Fiero owners get disrespected?). My cat converter is pretty bad and I also got a new muffler, and I'm trying not to drive it til the work is done cause the cat is smellin bad and is pretty broken up inside. But that unfortunately leads to another problem as the roommate cuts the grass he seems to think it's funny to cover my Fiero with grass, so much so that you couldn't tell the car was black, it just looked green. I thought easy fix, I'll just cut the grass. But roommate owns mower and says no, only he cuts. So normally I just go drive around awhile, (its my only car), but with bad cat not sure what I'll do this time. I had to have the mechanic change the oil in the car(something I'm more than capable of doing myself) because roommate was sure I'd spill oil all over his yard. I'm not a friggin idiot! I know how to change the oil. Been doing it for years in multiple cars. I'm trying to start my own business online. I do woodworking and crafts. But because of roommate the internet was cut back. I don't have enough data to consistently access and run an online business. I'm not on Pennock's as much because of that as well. I'm in no way rich, truth be told my income is zero at the moment. I'm 28 years old and due to multiple head injuries I have some "issues". Some days are good and I get along just fine, but others it becomes difficult to do normal everyday things, and I barely get out of my recliner (which is where I also sleep). As an example of the "issues", on a good day I could change the oil like I said, but on a bad day just laying back gives me an excruciating headache and I get sick to my stomach, dizzy and disoriented, and it doesn't go away for awhile. I had a job doing irrigation,(boy I can sure dig a hole), but I left due to the head issues. There were days I could dig and lay pipe etc...as well or better than the other workers, but on the bad days I couldn't keep up, having to stop every few minutes doesn't make for a good worker. As far as medical help, I have seen a few doctors, but with basically no money, they haven't run any expensive tests and their answer is to drug me. But all that would do is make me sit in my chair all day and drool. I was injured on a job a few years back and was prescribed high strength pain killers, but they didn't stop the pain. I basically had a tear in my groin (ouch), and was in so much pain I took a bunch of the pain killers and drank a bunch of whiskey, all while my now ex girlfriend was sound asleep a couple feet from me. i should be glad I didn't die, (not my finest moment). But it didn't even dull the pain. Pills dont seem to have much effect. Standard over the counter stuff don't do nothing either. I guess that would leave shock therapy,(oh boy). But anyway, I can accomplish things on the good days, and owning my own business would allow me to set my own hours. I could get a lot done when feeling good and when I'm not just rest. It won't be anything elaborate, just a small business with me as the only worker. Other than a business license getting started isn't hard. It's not as extensive as if you had a physical brick & mortar store. I'm anxious for the business also because it will be a way for me to help my Mom, the dear, sweet lady who is helping me through my issues. She is retired and it's her little income we use for food and the Fiero,(she loves Fieros too!). Once the business is going I'll move back to WV and get a place for her and me there. We both love the mountains. We are from Baltimore and are in Delaware now, been here much too long. West Virginia is where we feel at home. Anyway, can't believe I rambled on this much. I don't usually talk a whole lot. Just needed to rant a bit. Oh well, rant over. You probly outta grab a snack while your reading this. ----Mayhem
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The PFF therapy couch is always open. Make yourself comfortable. If you would like answers to a specific question, break that out into it's own paragraph.....most of us are pretty short on attention spans....
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Click Here to Email Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

The PFF therapy couch is always open. Make yourself comfortable. If you would like answers to a specific question, break that out into it's own paragraph.....most of us are pretty short on attention spans....

That's the nicest response to combat a wall of text I think I've ever seen on a forum.

On topic, waiting on car stuff does suck. It's amazing how that can turn an automotive enthusiast into an 8 year old waiting on Christmas morning to roll around.
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, looking at the post, that's a lot of text. I didn't intend on it turning into an essay, I just wanted to say I love my Fiero and can't wait to drive it again. I stare at it longingly through the window.

Do all Fiero owners get disrespected, or is it just me?
My roommate hates my car and the Corvette owners a few houses down turn their noses up when they go buy.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MayhemWinters:

I think it's the car more than the owner that gets disrespected. They were a huge compromise when built, and only recently they have gotten more looks at car shows from the V8 crowd. There is a real advantage to the low-power mid-engine layout that takes a while to appreciate.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetClick Here to Email trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My roommate hates my car and the Corvette owners a few houses down turn their noses up when they go buy.

Most people who "hate" the Fiero know nothing about it or had a bad experience with a poorly maintained one.

I love it for many reasons, but mainly because it's unique. I love Corvettes, but how rare is a nice Corvette? A gorgeous Fiero - a rare treat!

My $0.02...........

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, my roommate hates my car now, wait til the flowtech afterburner muffler is put on and it gets quite a bit louder
lordbg0205

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lordbg0205Click Here to Email lordbg0205Send a Private Message to lordbg0205Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why worry about driving the car around, just disable his mower for a bit, then your car can stay in the driveway, you can fix his mower real quick, and then you can work on your car in the driveway because you fixed his mower, and therefore worthy of working on your car. Once you get a sweet exhaust installed, go and pick up some chicks, find one to move in with that has a garage, and leave your d-bag roomate. I had a roommate with an 04 mustang gt, with some bullshit stickers on it, he forgot my 87Gt can turn, unlike his mustang. I made him poop his pants on the back roads one night, he never said anything bad about my fiero again.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Click Here to Email Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Most people who "hate" the Fiero know nothing about it...

Just got told the other day that my Fiero is going to catch fire because they all did. ...yes...my 88 Fiero with a 4.9L engine...

Mayhem...keep smiling and take things slowly. If you are determined and don't get down on yourself then it'll all come together. You have a good plan in place. That's the first step.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in Delaware are you? I live in Wilmington and have a shop in Newport. I can weld exhaust.... just saying.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 446
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

That's the nicest response to combat a wall of text I think I've ever seen on a forum.

For sure. Good thing it was Gall that mentioned it first and not me.

The local Corvette Club here makes Fieros very welcome at their autocross events. Hey, after all we're basically cousins.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Click Here to Email Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't say disrespected here. More misinformation. The other day a guy said to me that these cars catch fire in any accident. Last Saturday while getting gas I heard "Wow, I didn't think there were any of those still on the road!"

There's a lot of things worth hating in this world but I'm not sure a 30 year old Pontiac should be among them.

The nose on the 'Vette owner is probably just trying to run away from all the smug.

[This message has been edited by Fiero 88 (edited 04-21-2016).]

MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Mayhem...keep smiling and take things slowly. If you are determined and don't get down on yourself then it'll all come together. You have a good plan in place. That's the first step.

Thank you for the kind words.
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MayhemWinters

42 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by lordbg0205:

Why worry about driving the car around, just disable his mower for a bit, then your car can stay in the driveway, you can fix his mower real quick, and then you can work on your car in the driveway because you fixed his mower, and therefore worthy of working on your car. Once you get a sweet exhaust installed, go and pick up some chicks, find one to move in with that has a garage, and leave your d-bag roomate. I had a roommate with an 04 mustang gt, with some bullshit stickers on it, he forgot my 87Gt can turn, unlike his mustang. I made him poop his pants on the back roads one night, he never said anything bad about my fiero again.

Haha! I like it!
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

Where in Delaware are you? I live in Wilmington and have a shop in Newport. I can weld exhaust.... just saying.

I'm in the Harrington area. That's a bit of a drive with a bad cat.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you need compensation, speak up...some of us don't mind tipping a few bucks towards someone helping out another member.

I'm in the Harrington area. That's a bit of a drive with a bad cat.

Pull out the O2 sensor and take it easy in the wee hours getting there, perhaps? Don't ask me how safe that is, mind you.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mayhem, is the cat clogged up? you could easily cut the cat out and get a length of pipe and some exhaust clamps that are like flat straps and clamp it up. That way you can drive it until your mech can get the exhaust in. I have access to a truck and Dolley but im busy at work for like 2 weeks. What exhaust parts do you have to be installed? If its a kit that is pre bent and just needs a couple welds I'd do that for beer money. If it needs to be fabbed well that's a little more time consuming.

The clamps im talking about. They have them at autozone in Milford. should be real easy to delete the cat with them.

Oh by the way I come down to that area every other weekend to get my kids might be able to work something out.

------------------

MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Mayhem, is the cat clogged up? you could easily cut the cat out and get a length of pipe and some exhaust clamps that are like flat straps and clamp it up. That way you can drive it until your mech can get the exhaust in. I have access to a truck and Dolley but im busy at work for like 2 weeks. What exhaust parts do you have to be installed? If its a kit that is pre bent and just needs a couple welds I'd do that for beer money. If it needs to be fabbed well that's a little more time consuming.

The clamps im talking about. They have them at autozone in Milford. should be real easy to delete the cat with them.

Oh by the way I come down to that area every other weekend to get my kids might be able to work something out.

The cat isn't fully clogged. The car wouldn't run at all if it was right?

There are several parts to be put together, the cat is a universal Magnaflow, so it will need extensions welded to it. The muffler needs reducers welded to it. I have 4 feet of stainless steel tubing, I could use some of it to delete old cat for now with the clamps.
There isn't enough room under car to cut off old cat with hacksaw is there?

Also, would a failing cat cause high idle?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, would a failing cat cause high idle?

No
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what a day. My mechanic had time for me today, so dropped car off this morning. Was walking back to house and a bad car accident happened on the road we live off of. A couple minutes sooner and we would have been walking where it happened. It was so bad that they had to helivac someone out. The road was blocked so me and my 61 year old mom had to walk several miles out of the way to get around it. All toll we walked 12-13 miles.
While walking the mechanic calls and says the muffler won't work, so he will just do cat and that's it.

Can anyone tell me why a flowtech afterburner wouldn't work on a stock setup?

I have 2.5-2" reducers and a u pipe so if the inlet bend is too tight he could cut out whatever angle needed. Plus I got 4 feet of stainless steel pipe if anything else needs fabbed up. I should be thankful the cat is getting done so I can drive car again, but was looking forward to having new muffler as well.
----Mayhem

[This message has been edited by MayhemWinters (edited 04-26-2016).]

MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. Had time for the initial frustration to wear off. It's great to be back in the Fiero again. New cat installed, picked it up and then went cruisin!

The reason mechanic couldn't do the muffler, he said his machine couldnt bend the pipes enough to make it work. He said they would have to be bent tighter than his machine would allow.

Is there somewhere that you guys know of that could bend the pipe how it needs to be? What kind of setup do you guys have, I know some of you have used a flowtech afterburner, (probly on 3800 swaps) but how bout with 2.8? He said inlet was too tight and the bends from the outlets and out the back as well. Also, would it help to get 2 1/2" inch pipe from the muffler back so no reducers have to be used?

Maybe I'm a fool and should just be happy the new cats on, and forget the this muffler mess. ----Mayhem
PFF
System Bot
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK new plan, I'm thinking of getting the ocelot cat back system from TFS, it sounds like that would be easier than the afterburner.

Update: After reading several threads on here about the ocelot, it sounds like it's not such a good idea, and finding a way to make what I already have work would be better.

[This message has been edited by MayhemWinters (edited 04-26-2016).]

Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Click Here to Email Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mahem, I know a lot of guys buy the 2" or 2 1/2" donuts. They then cut them in half for the tight bends. I've read this in the 3800 swap threads. If there's any straight pipe left over I think it should be used as an attitude adjustment for your roommate. Lol
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... Instead of using reducers directly on the muffler since that would make too much length, maybe if I use one reducer on pipe before muffler inlet, and run 2.5" pipe in and out of muffler, using a donut for the tight bends(thanks Adjustso3), and either running 2.5" pipe all the way out the back and getting new tips, or somewhere after pipes exit muffler reduce back to 2" and use original tips.
Does any of this sound possible or am I just nuts?

I also wonder how loud it may turn out to be. Would 2.5" out the back make it even louder than its already going to be with 2" pipe and a Flowtech Afterburner?

Been thinking of going to the Spring Fling in Lititz, didn't make it up last year. But the brakes need done sometime soon, so they may take priority over the other stuff. I got the dreaded Delaware DMV inspection in a few months.

----Mayhem

[This message has been edited by MayhemWinters (edited 04-28-2016).]

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mayhem I'm using a flow tech afterburner for a 3rd Gen F body on my V8 build. I'm running a 3" inlet and 2.5" outlet and it fits. I did cut my fwd engine mount off because the V8 doesn't use it. With a little fabrication and extra bends you should be able to run 2.5" from the cat back. When I get back to Delaware I'll post up a picture of my exhaust.

------------------

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Click Here to Email IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't read through but there's his guy by me who welds and fabricates anything. Just charges by the hour. He let me use his tools to cut my pipes and get the angles and he would simple weld it. Keep in mind these were totally custom jobs, I would cut everything and mock it up while he worked on other jobs. When I was ready He'd weld it. My motorcycle was $75 and my 3800 Fiero was $115. Granted if he did all the work, it would be around $600+ for the Fiero. But it was cool I could help

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of my flowtech afterburner setup. It's 3" in and 2.5" outlet. I cut the inlet and outlet pipes on the muffler down to help the tubing fit.

------------------

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredClick Here to Email busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I'm sitting in my recliner surrounded by exhaust parts (new muffler, cat, and some tubing) and my car is in the driveway, but due to lack of welding skills the parts will have to remain around my recliner. I have a trustworthy and Fiero friendly mechanic that can weld, but he runs a small shop by himself and is busy for awhile. I like to do most of the work myself unless it requires certain skills I did not aquire, like welding. At the moment I'm staying with a roommate and he owns the house so he sets the rules, so if there is work i can do myself i still have to have my mechanic do it. For some reason my roomate seems to hate my Fiero, (is it just me or do all Fiero owners get disrespected?). My cat converter is pretty bad and I also got a new muffler, and I'm trying not to drive it til the work is done cause the cat is smellin bad and is pretty broken up inside. But that unfortunately leads to another problem as the roommate cuts the grass he seems to think it's funny to cover my Fiero with grass, so much so that you couldn't tell the car was black, it just looked green. I thought easy fix, I'll just cut the grass. But roommate owns mower and says no, only he cuts. So normally I just go drive around awhile, (its my only car), but with bad cat not sure what I'll do this time. I had to have the mechanic change the oil in the car(something I'm more than capable of doing myself) because roommate was sure I'd spill oil all over his yard. I'm not a friggin idiot! I know how to change the oil. Been doing it for years in multiple cars. I'm trying to start my own business online. I do woodworking and crafts. But because of roommate the internet was cut back. I don't have enough data to consistently access and run an online business. I'm not on Pennock's as much because of that as well. I'm in no way rich, truth be told my income is zero at the moment. I'm 28 years old and due to multiple head injuries I have some "issues". Some days are good and I get along just fine, but others it becomes difficult to do normal everyday things, and I barely get out of my recliner (which is where I also sleep). As an example of the "issues", on a good day I could change the oil like I said, but on a bad day just laying back gives me an excruciating headache and I get sick to my stomach, dizzy and disoriented, and it doesn't go away for awhile. I had a job doing irrigation,(boy I can sure dig a hole), but I left due to the head issues. There were days I could dig and lay pipe etc...as well or better than the other workers, but on the bad days I couldn't keep up, having to stop every few minutes doesn't make for a good worker. As far as medical help, I have seen a few doctors, but with basically no money, they haven't run any expensive tests and their answer is to drug me. But all that would do is make me sit in my chair all day and drool. I was injured on a job a few years back and was prescribed high strength pain killers, but they didn't stop the pain. I basically had a tear in my groin (ouch), and was in so much pain I took a bunch of the pain killers and drank a bunch of whiskey, all while my now ex girlfriend was sound asleep a couple feet from me. i should be glad I didn't die, (not my finest moment). But it didn't even dull the pain. Pills dont seem to have much effect. Standard over the counter stuff don't do nothing either. I guess that would leave shock therapy,(oh boy). But anyway, I can accomplish things on the good days, and owning my own business would allow me to set my own hours. I could get a lot done when feeling good and when I'm not just rest. It won't be anything elaborate, just a small business with me as the only worker. Other than a business license getting started isn't hard. It's not as extensive as if you had a physical brick & mortar store. I'm anxious for the business also because it will be a way for me to help my Mom, the dear, sweet lady who is helping me through my issues. She is retired and it's her little income we use for food and the Fiero,(she loves Fieros too!). Once the business is going I'll move back to WV and get a place for her and me there. We both love the mountains. We are from Baltimore and are in Delaware now, been here much too long. West Virginia is where we feel at home. Anyway, can't believe I rambled on this much. I don't usually talk a whole lot. Just needed to rant a bit. Oh well, rant over. You probly outta grab a snack while your reading this. ----Mayhem

I tried reading this and gave up.

good luck
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

I tried reading this and gave up.

good luck

Yeah, lol, I really went on a rant that day. I'll keep any future posts much, much shorter
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a pic of my flowtech afterburner setup. It's 3" in and 2.5" outlet. I cut the inlet and outlet pipes on the muffler down to help the tubing fit.

Thanks for the pics, seeing it all together really helps. Now I know how I can run my setup. I'll run the 2.5" pipe from the cat back, and cut the inlets and outlets down on muffler like you did. Now I just have to find some exhaust tips, boy can they be pricey. Of course all this hinges on if my mechanic says he can do it.

How long is the 2.5" pipe you used? How many feet on each side from the muffler outlets and out the back?

I want to make sure I get all the right stuff this time around, because I have 2" pipe and several connecters and reducers that I got originally that won't work

I guess now I'm back to waiting because the exciting thing to do would be to finish the exhaust this month, BUT the logical and safety oriented thing to do is to do the brakes this month and finish the exhaust in June.

Waiting on car parts is really hard to do
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mayhem what I used for tubing was 2.5" mandrel "J" bends from summit racing. Cut at the correct part of the bend and it fit. The pipes are close to the cradle but don't touch. To do a total cat back with "J" bends you would need like 5 bends and one straight tube.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-623008
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-640025-1

------------------

PFF
System Bot
MayhemWinters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MayhemWintersSend a Private Message to MayhemWintersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mayhem what I used for tubing was 2.5" mandrel "J" bends from summit racing. Cut at the correct part of the bend and it fit. The pipes are close to the cradle but don't touch. To do a total cat back with "J" bends you would need like 5 bends and one straight tube.

OK that sounds good getting J bends so my mechanic doesn't have to bend anything, which was the original problem. I viewed him as someone who could do anything when it came to cars, now I'm skeptical.

If he is unwilling to piece it all together, I guess I could get a Spintech, since they make a 2" muffler. That way he could just weld it in. The only extra bit would be maybe cutting down the inlet and outlets. I was going to get the Spintech originally, but when I go on their site to make a purchase I get a notice that the security certificate is expired and the site isn't secure. I could probably find one on eBay but I have to sign up for an account to make a purchase.

Any opinions on which is better, the Spintech or the Afterburner?

It hailed here last night, but thank the Lord the Fiero is fine. I see a garage in the future, once we get away from the roommate.

----Mayhem

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock