2.5 engine replacement questions by fierofinatic84se
Started on: 04-17-2015 10:51 PM
Replies: 4 (155 views)
Last post by: fierofinatic84se on 04-18-2015 01:21 PM
fierofinatic84se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinatic84seSend a Private Message to fierofinatic84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting a 2.5 to replace the one I have in my 84 that spun a bearing, found a local from a Buick Century, someone told me the rotation may be different??? Is there anything I should be aware of electronic wise? Or anything else for that matter
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.fierosails.com/PartsManual.html This site will answer your questions.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good info. I could not remember that. I think one needs to stay away from the U engine correct?
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do remember something being different with the U code engines but I don't remember where I saw that.https://fiero151.wordpress.com/variations-of-the-2-5l-ohv-gm-four-cylinder-engine/ here it is.

[This message has been edited by tebailey (edited 04-18-2015).]

fierofinatic84se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinatic84seSend a Private Message to fierofinatic84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome guys, thanks super helpful, so according to all this the only difference that I should have to worry about on the Buick Century motor is plugging the vacuum pump, I'm not gonna lie, most of what I'm used to working on is newer vehicles and so vacuum lines to me have always been a pain and they give me trouble (pretty sure I had a vacuum leak on the old engine somewhere) egr maybe, anyway so hopefully I'll be able to get that part figured out, thanks for your help, any other input is appreciated

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock