Vertical Doors Inc Bolt-On Lambo Door Kit by Fiervette
Started on: 10-23-2014 04:33 PM
Replies: 6 (755 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 08-18-2016 10:13 PM
Fiervette

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any experience with these? A number of vendors on the net sell these. They have a kit that claims to custom fit a Fiero. Since neither Archie or any of the other vendors on this forum are still selling kits, I was casting my net a little wider. I don't want to get burned either.

James
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiervette:

Does anyone have any experience with these? A number of vendors on the net sell these. They have a kit that claims to custom fit a Fiero. Since neither Archie or any of the other vendors on this forum are still selling kits, I was casting my net a little wider. I don't want to get burned either.

James

I would ask them for pictures of their hinges ie front and profile views ...you should see that they have a curved shape because the fiero does NOT have straight vertical drop from the top hinge to the lower ....The LOWER spaceframe hinge bolts are more inside than the top bolts see below pic...

regards
Danyel

racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you find a set, post it. I've been looking.
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link to at least one vendor -Andy's Auto Sport Fiero Lambo

Between Amazon, EBay, and google, I have found about 10 other vendors selling the exact same item. I was really hoping that someone has used these, and not having to rely solely on manufacturer/vendor supplied information.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiervette:

Here is a link to at least one vendor -Andy's Auto Sport Fiero Lambo

Between Amazon, EBay, and google, I have found about 10 other vendors selling the exact same item. I was really hoping that someone has used these, and not having to rely solely on manufacturer/vendor supplied information.

I would bet my life savings that those are not bolt on kits... Yeah they might bolt on, but only after cutting and welding and other modifications. Don't expect to open the box and bolt them on. But that's just my opinion.
Monstertone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonstertoneSend a Private Message to MonstertoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After some rather intense searches, I came up with these. Carid hinge kit 4 Fiero which I hope to have installed on a Scorpion bodied Fiero. One of my concerns, in addition to ingress & egress, (I am not as thin as I used to be) & all the other horror stories I've heard about, is wind noise at highway speeds. I saw mention somewhere that that was a problem with vertical doors on cars not having full framed windows. Can anyone shed any light on this hinge kit and/or their experiences with window sealing issues & wind noise resulting from this?

JD
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vertical Doors Inc. is a true bolt on kit.
This post is what led me to them.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096630.html
You basically pull the fenders and the outer door skins off, shim and secure the doors into place, remove stock hinges and replace with vertical hinges.
Then after a few adjustments they open and close very well.
You do have to trim the inside part of the fender for the hinges to clear and also cut the belt moulding back but they work well and mine have no wind noise whatsoever.
They are a little difficult to raise when sitting in the car but no big deal.
And it`s nice to be able to get in and out if you want to without raising the doors.

If you need any pictures of them installed let me know.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-18-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock