NO LONGER A FIERO VIRGIN by Jack Mehoff
Started on: 06-25-2014 12:29 PM
Replies: 40 (802 views)
Last post by: lambofreak1 on 07-12-2014 10:44 PM
Jack Mehoff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally did it, I got my first Fiero! Its an 88 gt, 74k miles, one owner from Miami Springs. He traded it in a Kendall Toyota for a new Camry I suppose. Anyways, my question to you is should i do an l67 swap or try to restore it? I already have a donor car for the swap, and I would strip the fiero out in the process. However, my conscious is telling me I shouldn't molest this 88 gt. What do you think?

Car is factory red, and its definitely been resprayed.

edit: fixed pic, PIP isn't working

[This message has been edited by Jack Mehoff (edited 06-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it run as is?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 06-25-2014).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jack Mehoff:
I would strip the fiero out in the process. However, my conscious is telling me I shouldn't molest this 88 gt. What do you think?

There are plenty of neglected Fiero's waiting for a 2nd chance. I wouldn't swap a Fiero that doesn't need it.
Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Runs and drives.... It won't shift into overdrive. The dash is all warped. Radiator is cracked. There's some rust. She's not a show car, thats for sure. Sail panels are damaged. And definitely needs a respray, again :/
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple fixes. A lot of people new to Fieros want to mod them first thing. Keep it stock for now if it already is. And a lot a people who have multiple Fieros usually have one stock and one for modding because they end up buying one that has been started by the PO and never finish. Fix the one you have now and have fun with it....for now.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1693 posts
Member since Oct 2009
And considering it's an 88 don't mess with it. Just think of that car as one that has had only one production year. Would you really want to mess with that?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Runs and drives.... It won't shift into overdrive. The dash is all warped. Radiator is cracked. There's some rust. She's not a show car, thats for sure. Sail panels are damaged. And definitely needs a respray, again :/

No overdrive if its an auto, perhaps the TCC solenoid is bad....

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is your RPM running at 70mph. Should be around 3100. The 3 speeds tach a little high.

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just learned something haha. I always assumed it was a 4 sp auto, I've never driven with anything less.

It was doing 50 @ 2500 so i suppose thats right. I was so mad on the ride home lol

Whats the going rate for a rough 88 gt?

Should i buy a new aluminum radiator or go get one at the junkyard? I rtv'd the crack on mine but it's not going to hold

[This message has been edited by Jack Mehoff (edited 06-28-2014).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After fixing the normal "mickey mouse" things, I would swap a 4T60 transmission into the car. It will drastically improve acceleration and fuel economy. At the same time I would do the the main seals, timing chain, water pump, and upgrade the cam while you have easy access to them. Much less expensive than doing an engine swap but with a noticeable improvement in performance/driveablity . My $.02 anyways...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2014 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I just learned something haha. I always assumed it was a 4 sp auto, I've never driven with anything less.

It was doing 50 @ 2500 so i suppose thats right. I was so mad on the ride home lol

Whats the going rate for a rough 88 gt?

Should i buy a new aluminum radiator or go jew out at the junkyard? I rtv'd the crack on mine but it's not going to hold

Seriously? Jack Mehoff. And "go jew out at the junkyard". Grow up. This is a better forum than what you just brought.
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a name like that I should have known.....TROLLS ARE BACK.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Seriously? Jack Mehoff. And "go jew out at the junkyard". Grow up. This is a better forum than what you just brought.

Yeah there was a recent Mall posting by Mr. Mehoff. I almost called the poster out on it but decide to let the natural order of things sort it out. IIRC it was some VHTF Fiero parts at a high price. Maybe Mr. Mehoff is genuine, IDK. I like to give the benefit of doubt. However in this case there seems to be no benefit and only doubt...

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

With a name like that I should have known.....TROLLS ARE BACK.

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. Way to appeal to the younger generation of enthusiasts. Get off your ego and my thread, I'm just trying to get into the forum as a new member. Thanks alot.
Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jack Mehoff

36 posts
Member since Mar 2014
I've said it before and ill say it again, my name has always meant to be a joke. I guess some people will still be offended, oh well. I'm 19 and just bought my first Fiero, no need to go on the offensive.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go back to RFT. Not that there is a lot going on there anyway.
Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Go back to RFT. Not that there is a lot going on there anyway.

I don't even go on that site lol. I was hoping the community here would be a little more friendly....
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't even go on that site lol. I was hoping the community here would be a little more friendly....

We were hoping you would be a little more grown up.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-26-2014).]

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We were hoping you would be a little more grown up.

How did this already turn into a flame thread?

Tony Kania, my fictional username on an anonymous online forum offends you that much? You don't even know me.
You're 42 years old, get a life
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How did this already turn into a flame thread?

Tony Kania, my fictional username on an anonymous online forum offends you that much? You don't even know me.
You're 42 years old, get a life

Well, he's got your number, doesn't he Tony?

Advice for you my friend, wait to use your more colorful language once people around here actually know and are used to you. Until then you are suspect of being an RFT refugee, which is really a lowly place to be.
I'll give you a + to try and keep you around, but I doubt if you use "jew a junkyard" too many times around here that it will matter too much. For being a forum full of middle aged white guys (not all but most) you would be surprised how un-racist most people here are. Its a nice place full of helpful people, if you are respectful you will find how to fit in with some of us. PFF provides you with an opportunity to grow and learn, what will you do?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2014 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not all pissy at ya. The name doesn't bother me. The remark did. Not going to rate you a negative.

Good luck with you car. This is an AMAZING forum for help.

Bonjour...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-27-2014).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not all pissy at ya. The name doesn't bother me. The remark did.

2nd'ed. It shows your real character to use a phrase like that.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here EXACTLY !!!!!

I didn't even notice the screen name until the racist comment.

Archie

Not all pissy at ya. The name doesn't bother me. The remark did. Not going to rate you a negative.

Good luck with you car. This is an AMAZING forum for help.

Bonjour...

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anybody heard from Stan lately?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Jack Meet up with JohnWPB and validate your true identity .... some of us will be re-assured ... till then you may be treated as an "unfriendly" ... People on this forum have seen many trolls and want to stay away from them .... your stay on this forum could be short if you dont stop racist comments ... its up to you
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, good luck with your car...we all will be glad to assist...if you are willing to act like a respectable individual.
I remember being 19 and for the most part...you are just acting like most 19 year old males.

What you need to understand is that is an adult playground...not that we don't let others of any age participate, learn, & develop pretty long lasting friendships...don't believe me...ask Kathryn...she started quite young, but she never acted like a child. So she received the full benefit of this site and has integrated herself into this amazing community.

What you might not know, is that you have stumbled upon one of the best car forums/communities out there....period.
I have never seen a group of people pull together to help so many, so often. You should really spend sometime doing some research and reading the threads.
This group acts more like a (good kind of) Crazy extended family!

Now with that all said...here is my advice...of course you can take it or leave it:

Post an apology for the comments and attitude and start over. Mistakes happen and will be forgiven.
I believe the rest group would agree.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-27-2014).]

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Advice for you my friend, wait to use your more colorful language once people around here actually know and are used to you. Until then you are suspect of being an RFT refugee, which is really a lowly place to be.
I'll give you a + to try and keep you around, but I doubt if you use "jew a junkyard" too many times around here that it will matter too much. For being a forum full of middle aged white guys (not all but most) you would be surprised how un-racist most people here are. Its a nice place full of helpful people, if you are respectful you will find how to fit in with some of us. PFF provides you with an opportunity to grow and learn, what will you do?

Advice taken. I'll tone it down.

Please stop with the dogpile mentality.

And here's a pic of my new car with the donor l67 bonneville.
I'm hoping to find an 88 roller soon or else this one's going under the knife

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And here's a pic of my new car with the donor l67 bonneville.
I'm hoping to find an 88 roller soon or else this one's going under the knife

Sounds great. Now lets talk cars!!!

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally agree with you here "Jack". YES the screen name is colorful, but that alone is no reason for everyone to jump on you..... Although the pretty racial comment above was really uncalled for.

I just read this whole thread, and the way people have acted is fairly rude. Sure there are trolls out there, but you have not done anything to warrant that reaction as of yet.

I myself take your last post as an apology, and welcome you to the forum! There are not a lot of us, but there are a few of us Fiero owners in South Florida.

If you do not mind my asking, what did you get the car for? I know the dealership didn't give him much for it as a trade in! They work numbers on paper to look like they do, but in reality, he probably got a few hundred actual dollars for it.

Talk about having a car resprayed, mine is in the shop again. MAACO did a crappy job, but at least admitted it, and they are repainting it.

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish there were more down here, they rarely come up on craigslist. I've been seriously hunting for an 88 since March.
I paid $1650 for it all said and done, still debating whether thats a good price or not. They made a few bucks off me.

Atleast they admitted they screwed up lol. Hopefully it will come out better this time

[This message has been edited by Jack Mehoff (edited 06-28-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jack...need to start watching the TX craigslist ads...DFW, Austin & Houston...find the car and use your resources here to go check the car out for you.
We have a decent amount of Fieros that are always flipping and members willing to assist here in TX.
Just a thought if you are having issues locating one in FL.

http://www.fierofantasyconcepts.com/

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 06-28-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I paid $1650 for it all said and done, still debating whether thats a good price or not. They made a few bucks off me.

It may not be the steal of the century, but I think that is a decent price for a running 88. Where exactly are you in "South Florida"? As you can see under my avatar, I am in West Palm.

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You got a good deal on a running 88. I think they made the money off the guy that traded it in...
Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure if I didnt pay the 1650, someone else would gladly have. In my mind it's worth ~$2k.

I'm located in Davie and go to school at FAU in Boca. Ever go to the carshow at Tower Shops down here?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a Close look around the parking lot at FAU. I know of only 3 other Fiero owners in this entire area, and one of them, coincidentally , goes to FAU! He has a factory blue 87 GT. He drives it to school daily from West Palm to Boca. I don't want to go giving away personal info her on the forum without permission, but I can tell you that his first name is Anthony.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-30-2014).]

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen it before! It's been a while but I remember. I'll keep an eye out for him lol.

One of the professors at FAU parks in the same spot every day, do you recognize this one?

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish there were more down here, they rarely come up on craigslist. I've been seriously hunting for an 88 since March.

Atleast they admitted they screwed up lol. Hopefully it will come out better this time

There'll always be cheaper cars for better prices, but you may never find them. If you are comfortable with the price, then it's a great purchase

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 07-01-2014).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've seen it before! It's been a while but I remember. I'll keep an eye out for him lol.

One of the professors at FAU parks in the same spot every day, do you recognize this one?

If you see him, tell him John says hello

As for the red one, No, I don't recognize it. No clue who owns it, but I bet I know someone that does... I'll see what I can find out.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-30-2014).]

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

They'll always be cheaper cars for better prices, but you may never find them. If you are comfortable with the price, then it's a great purchase

I'm envious of you guys who can get good deals, I would definitely have a few more Fiero's in the yard by now lol. But I'm happy for what I paid

John, I thought for sure he would have been a member lol.
Do you ever go to Moroso / Palm Beach Internantional Raceway?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock