Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Dear Fiero Employee and Family, (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dear Fiero Employee and Family, by Jason88Notchie
Started on: 05-29-2014 07:42 PM
Replies: 40 (1548 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 06-08-2015 06:14 PM
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The previous owner that I bought my Formula from worked at the Pontiac plant producing the Fiero's from 1983-1988. I'm not sure if you guys have seen this letter to the employees once they closed the plant, but I figure this is totally worth posting. Very sad. When I picked up the car he showed me the Fiero Memory Book that they passed out to the employees. It was totally fascinating. Would have loved to get my hands on that but those are his memories. No doubt he wanted to keep that. So, here it is. Fiero proud. He told me some stories about how they felt they were doing something meaningful. And to quote the Plant Manager: "From Our Hearts...From Our Hands...Into History". LOL...They really never knew the following they would get for these fine cars 26 years later.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that bit of memorabilia.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for posting this, boy I too would love to have a copy of the memory book
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. That is an incredible piece of history. Thanks for sharing.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty cool!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if we can still call the phone numbers on the back page if we have any Fiero related questions :lol:

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was really cool. Thnx for posting it!!!
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen that. Thank you.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat to see that letter and I own the book adn will put a copy of that letter in it. Flash washed out the colors on the cover. Rick B

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be willing to pay you for a photo copy of that book
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Neat to see that letter and I own the book adn will put a copy of that letter in it. Flash washed out the colors on the cover. Rick B

That's cool. I think he wanted to give me something. We had some long conversations about the car even before I went to pick it up. But I know he couldn't part with that book.

PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Just realized you are from Hinckley. Cool! Another one in the neighborhood. You thinking on going to Norwalk Tuesday? I'm running over there to check it out. Looks like a blast.

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, +1 for you.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome! What a great piece of Fiero history.

EPIC typo though. I had to read it twice, the first time I had this funny feeling I saw a typo but couldn't find it.

Right click, and save image! TY for posting. Another + for you. Sharing is caring and you obviously care!
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a copy of this book somewhere. If I can find it, I will copy and convert to PDF. Bought it off eBay a few years ago. Hopefully I can find it. It wasn't all that technical- it was more about the people involved, and some annoying union propaganda, but overall a nice find.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Thats sweet TopNotch! Looks like a button.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I have a copy of this book somewhere. If I can find it, I will copy and convert to PDF. Bought it off eBay a few years ago. Hopefully I can find it. It wasn't all that technical- it was more about the people involved, and some annoying union propaganda, but overall a nice find.

The book really made for interesting reading. I wish I had more time with it. Had to focus with the task at hand. Like really looking the car over!

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:
Thats sweet TopNotch! Looks like a button.

It is.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

It is.

Is there any story behind that button?

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found it. It actually kind of touching. There are pictures and profiles of several hundred employees who worked the assembly line. Most of them are likely retired by now..

PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing that Cam. Thanks for posting! I love the fact our space frames can be street legal without panels. Very cool.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

EPIC typo though. I had to read it twice, the first time I had this funny feeling I saw a typo but couldn't find it.

You mean "Employe"?

Believe it or not, that was an alternate spelling of "employee", one that for some reason found favor in industry and big business. Railroads, for example, always spelled it "employe" on their paperwork. Maybe they still do. But it seems so quaint!

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there any story behind that button?

All I know is that it was handed out to employees when Fiero production stopped.

[This message has been edited by TopNotch (edited 06-02-2014).]

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just realized you are from Hinckley. Cool! Another one in the neighborhood. You thinking on going to Norwalk Tuesday? I'm running over there to check it out. Looks like a blast.

Not going to make it this year. I am actually thinking of selling both of my cars. I am just to busy. I have a Pace car in need of being put back together with many new parts and the DGP Prototype. I hate seeing them sit. Rick B

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figure I'd bump this for anyone that hasn't seen this.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I figure I'd bump this for anyone that hasn't seen this.

Thanks Jason, I missed it the first time around. Can't give you a "+" because you've already got one.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are the last two now?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Here are the VIN #'s of the last 2.
1G2PG1195JP226402
1G2PG1193JP226401

Can someone car fax?
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen the letter before - VERY cool to see.

Now... who's digitizing that book?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Thanks Jason, I missed it the first time around. Can't give you a "+" because you've already got one.

Thanks Pat!!

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool to see.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last Fiero was at the 25th show and was for sale ($50K) It is a low mileage car with the plastic still on the seats as the car was garage kept in storage.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any plant GM closed they did one of those books for the workers, everyone got one from management on down. I have one from when they closed our Framingham, MA plant in 89. ours were a little more hard cover like a high school year book.

Those of us who still have ours usually keep them, it's like my 10 year tie tack I got when I hit the 10 year seniority mark that I had make into a ring, works great for discounts when ever I walk into any GM dealership anywhere in the country. Every once in a while you will see one from some of the plants on eBay for sale probably from the kids who got them when their parents passed away. It's a somber moment when they shut a plant down for good to all who worked there. Especially in the case of the Fiero plant, as that was one of a kind and GM management in their infinite wisdom did with many cars that shouldn't have stopped production of.

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I really don't think there was any UAW propaganda in the making of any of those books.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-27-2014).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are the VIN #'s of the last 2.
1G2PG1195JP226402
1G2PG1193JP226401

Can someone car fax?

Can anyone shed some light on the last 2 Fiero's made??

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figure I'd bump this for some of the newer people coming along....
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a guy stop by my house and give me his copy. I posted a thread about it like in 04 lol.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050119-1-045070.html

My copy is tucked away in a plastic storage bin from my move. I'll have to dig it out again.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was awesome, thanks for bumping the thread. A scan of the book would be awesome, it would be a great piece to add to anyone's collection.

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
81K miles
Bay City, MI

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: