Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Chris Cook's Quarter Window problems / Review [Lots of Pictures & Video] (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chris Cook's Quarter Window problems / Review [Lots of Pictures & Video] by JohnWPB
Started on: 04-14-2014 04:28 PM
Replies: 93 (5152 views)
Last post by: vette7584 on 05-03-2016 08:40 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a pair of quarter windows a couple years back, and have now finally gotten to the point where I can put them on the car. While I had everyone here helping me get the car ready for Daytona, I brought them out to install them. We put the tape on the drives side of the car, and when Chuck from Central Florida Fieros held the window in place (With the red liner backing on the tape still in place), it looked like it was too small. a few people came over to look, and we all agreed it did look too small. You could see the tape all around the edge of the window. Chuck and JimmyS took the window over to his car, and when he held it up against his window, it was about a 3/4" shorter compared to ones he had gotten from Ken Hines.

I contacted Chris, and put up a video on Youtube for Chris to look at, and a few days later he emailed me:

"I saw the video. It doesn't really show me that much. The gap you are referring to in the video seems to be less than 1/2 " because that's how wide the tape is. So we are talking about less than 1/4" gap at the top and bottom. "

I thought the video showed the problem clearly, and in person, it is closer to 3/4" short, and not a 1/2" as Chris suggests:

EDIT: See this post for proof that the windows were indeed the WRONG SIZE.

I do not see how the window being 3/4" short, and having to "split the gap between the top and bottom" is a solution. Chris mentioned that I did not have drip rails on the car, and that could be why as well. Anyhow, having to mount the window in a 1/4" all the way around from the edge, still means that the window is 3/4" too short. If I go by what Chris said, and center the window, that means less than an 1/8th inch of tape is holding at the top and the bottom of the window. That will probably never hold.

Here is one of Ken Hines's windows installed. There are no drip rails on this Fiero either, and you can clearly see that they go from the top to the bottom. and fill the entire opening, as quarter windows SHOULD do. There is no gap all the way around the window.

My car did not make it to Daytona this year, but I did take the windows with me. I compared the size to a quite a few Fieros there, and everyone agreed that the windows I have a smaller than any set we found on any of the Fieros (About 20 cars). It was harder to compare them to any of the original GT quarter windows, as they are so curved, and these are pretty much flat. Even without measuring or comparing, we found that all of the quarter windows the Fieros at the show went from the top, all the way to the bottom, with virtually no gap at all around the window.

When I got back from Daytona, I went ahead and put the windows in temporarily, centering the window as Chris suggested. After installing it, I can see more than just the size problem. But first, the size problem:

Here you can see how much room is left at the top of the window:

And here you can see how much room is left at the bottom:
(Notice that I did NOT butt the tape up against the top of the fender, but followed the interior edge of the ledge that it attaches to)

Chris told me that the tape should be put on the window, and not on the car when installing them. This makes no difference in any way about how much tape would be holding the window in place though. If I put it on the window, as he says, it would be full tape width holding on the window, and only 1/8th of an inch on the car. Right now, the full width of the tape is holding on the car, and less than 1/8th of an inch on the window.

The next problem, is that the windows are virtually FLAT. Even with the tape "pulling them into place", they do not take on any of the curves of the originals in any way. there is no curve at the front edge of the window, and this makes the bottom of the window stick WAY out. You can clearly see the frame of the car where the window does not curve in as it should to hide it.

The only part of the windows that are not flat, are towards the back of the window, where it looks like someone hit them with a punch or something from the back side. This creates a "peak" on the front of the window that really distorts anything reflected in the window. Here is what I am talking about:

I can tell you that these are NOT Siamese Palm Trees

Lastly, be careful installing the windows! The paint on the back of the window easily scratches off. Also, when installing them, I bumped the tape with the window before I had it lined up correctly, and when I pulled it back off, the paint stuck to the tape. I can tell you this, the tape Chris supplies is the real stuff! It is VERY strong.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if there is a molding that could be pushed onto the edge of the sail panel that sticks out another 1/4 inch or so that would cover the visible tape?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not so sure that would look so good..... I was thinking about using a Sharpie or something temporarily till I replace the windows here soon.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard some horror stories about his windows as well as praise. The biggest complaint is that the window is too long and you cannot even close the door without hitting the edge. I can't figure out why the variables change between one set to the next. It's as if each window is formed by hand with no measurement guidance for proper fitment.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My passenger door is like that ALMOST! Luckily it does not hit, but I could not slip a piece of paper between the quarter window, and my door glass when I open and close the door.

What I didn't understand is that he insists that they are the correct size. Especially when his ad on eBay states:

"Hand cut, hand polished and made in the U.S.A. "

Hand cut implies that there is room for a mistake here and there.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was concerned about mine not fitting after reading about some other fitment issues but I lucked out.
I did have to pull the drip rail slightly down to cover the top seam.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you also so not have that horrible dimple that distorts everything on my windows.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-14-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no dog in the fight either way but a question? did you fit them first before adding the tape then sticking them down? I made my own sail windows and even after multiple trial fits with my jig I still had to fine tune them a bit after I cut them out and, I also blacked out the window ledge before I stuck them down just so there was no chance of light color showing behind them. A dark lip would hide mistakes in the windows. When you install whatever you try next Blackout that lip and stick the tape to the window and set up a pull tab on the tape so you can fix them into place were you want them and then grab the tab and pull out the protective paper cover on the tape as you work around the window. They will stay put that way and give you less heart burn.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

did you fit them first before adding the tape then sticking them down? I made my own sail windows and even after multiple trial fits with my jig still had to fine tune them a bit after I cut them out

I put the tape on the car first, leaving the red backing on so I could test fit the window and move it around. It was then when we were test fitting it wel noticed that the window was too small for the opening. That is when I contacted Chris, and he said that it was the correct size. That went no where, so a few days later I figured I already had the tape on the car, & there was no taking it back off. That is when I said screw it and just stuck the windows on, and hope they hold till I get some new ones that actually fit.

As for "fine tuning them", when paying $240 for something, one would think that it was manufactured in the correct size in the first place. IF not, you would hope that they would make it right. Live and learn I guess.

One final note: I was not asking for anything for free here. When I contacted Chris I told him I did not expect free replacements, as things happen. I said I would pay for the shipping, and just asked for a good discount on a new pair to replace the ones that did not fit. I never got a reply.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-14-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I put the tape on the car first, leaving the red backing on so I could test fit the window and move it around. It was then when we were test fitting it wel noticed that the window was too small for the opening. That is when I contacted Chris, and he said that it was the correct size. That went no where, so a few days later I figured I already had the tape on the car, & there was no taking it back off. That is when I said screw it and just stuck the windows on, and hope they hold till I get some new ones that actually fit.

As for "fine tuning them", when paying $240 for something, one would think that it was manufactured in the correct size in the first place. IF not, you would hope that they would make it right. Live and learn I guess.
One final note: I was not asking for anything for free here. When I contacted Chris I told him I did not expect free replacements, as things happen. I said I would pay for the shipping, and just asked for a good discount on a new pair to replace the ones that did not fit. I never got a reply.

Ya sounds crappy, again another reason why I make as many of my own parts as I can I guess seeing stuff like this all the time.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had several people recommend him to me. Not realizing that three contacts were actually the same person, I have since found out three things:
1. The windows currently on my car were made by Chris Cook. They do not have the correct curves, and are the wrong sizes. The driver's side window is larger than the passenger side.
2. Chris is a horrible communicator. He doesn't follow up or meet timelines.
3. He charges $220 with or without the GT lettering, but a fortune for other lettering.

Various people have assured me that Chris makes a good product, but agree that he is a poor communicator. It would seem that the complaints far outnumber the recommendations, however.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
The driver's side window is larger than the passenger side.

I think Chris will tell you that is because you put them in wrong. If you had put them in correctly, they would then both be the same size

Funny thing, I think you got my drivers side window then, as it is much smaller than my passenger window LOL!

I also had heard good things about his windows, and I must admit they look amazing! The GT lettering, the dot matrix border, very well done. When it comes to even remotely fitting into the window frame correctly, or having the slightest correct curves, they fail miserably.

Everyone seems to say they have "Heard good things about his windows". Maybe this thread can shed other light on the windows so the buyer can get full disclosure, both the good and the bad.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps you'll want mine when/if I get them replaced.

Shoddy work by any Fiero vendor gives the whole community a bad name.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont know *whos* windows came with my car, but they are horrid... the fitment was bad to wehre the passanger windows would clip the panels, then the "paint" on the windows separated from the windows... so they came off... adhesive was still on the car with the paint on it, windows you could see right threw where they used to be attached... i think im going to order some fiero fiberglass style #1 inserts.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems to be quite a variance in quality. Some have sets that fit perfectly, others have problems.

I had a set where the driver's set was too long to fit the car properly.
Here's a picture when set back-to-back (front edges sitting even).
Chris had me return them and sent me a second set with no arguments.

Anyway, the second set fit reasonably well, but I installed the driver's side crooked.
When I took it off to reposition it, I took the backing off. Arghhh!!!
So I'm going to have to replace them again at some time.

You must install these with 3M tape - just like the factory windows were installed.
The back of the panels is silk-screened on with Nazdar silk-screen INK. It is Nazdar all purpose #9724 ink (info from Chris).
That's why it is fragile, easily scratched, rubs off with a chemical cleaner (eg: acetone) and reacts to tube type adhesives.
------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-03-2023).]

markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I said in other posts, I have Chris' windows and I found that they look fine. However, they were replaced at an autobody shop when my car was being repaired. The only issues that I found is that there is a pale greenish discoloration around in the edges in some places. This is likely the result of the repair shop touching something they should not have. I do not have the old windows to compare and so far as I can see they seem to fit correctly. I may find that upon a close comparison they are off in which case I too would be upset. I will like replace them in the future anyway as my new ones are tinted and I think I want to go back to original.

As to communication issues with Chris, that was my only complaint. He claimed to have sent me an email but if he did I never saw it so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he did. He actually got upset that I rated that an issue which is surprising if it is a common concern from others as well.

I suppose that he CAN make a great product if everything works like it should but does not ALWAYS make a great product.

MK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like you also so not have that horrible dimple that distorts everything on my windows.

Could the dimple be what caused the size issue? If its dimpled out the ends would come in an amount due to that I would think.

Does he accept returns for a replacement product?
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
feel for you. I purchased a set, no issues with fit or quality, but man they were hard to line up correctly.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Could the dimple be what caused the size issue? If its dimpled out the ends would come in an amount due to that I would think.

Does he accept returns for a replacement product?

Not in this case. The dimple looks like it was done with an icepick from the back of the window while the plastic was still hot or something. Not nearly surface area effected to change the dimensions.

As for a replacement policy, sounds like he has with others. When I offered to pay for a new set, and cover shipping, if he would give me a good discount, he said there was nothing wrong with the ones I have, saying that they are the correct size.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-15-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think that regardless of the car, the sail panel itself should be a specific size, specified inches by specified inches. I'd ask him what that should be. You might have to measure to find the center for a reference point or something too, but inches or mm shouldnt lie.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-15-2014).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have ken Hines windows and they are too long. My doors (both) hit them every time. Enough on the passenger that it pulled off. I might try using a belt sander on it but it seems like I have to remove 3/16".

------------------

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The biggest complaint is that the window is too long and you cannot even close the door without hitting the edge.

I was just re-reading some of the posts, and that one stood out. Obviously your window goes from the edge of the window inlay at the back all the way to the front. AKA edge to edge. (and then some in your case) I find it funny they are "designed" not to do that top to bottom, and have to try to "split the shortcomings" LOL
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the same vendor that ships them in black trash bags?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No wonder Chris doesn't want to return anything! The problems outnumber the successes?
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im running chris's windows and mine fit perfectly. didnt have any gap issues or anything. and every time i shot him a email i got a quick response. Sorry your having that problem, i only recommend him because of the service and quality that i personally recieved. not by word of mouth.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. He has 100% feedback on ebay. Of course, a number of those people hadn't installed theirs yet. 285 positive feedback, no negatives. Perhaps an issue with some ebay users is that they give feedback before the product arrives. I can't really believe that an item ordered on 4/13 is there on 4/15. About all Chris sells is GT windows, and tape.

I make no apologies, but my rating method is as follows:
1. No feedback = all OK
2. Positive feedback = I'm happy, recommend, and the seller did something extra
3. Negative = not happy, do not recommend seller, the experience was bad

I'm afraid I don't see things with much gray.

The problems reported on this forum are rather major. Fitment, size, silk-screening, contours and symmetry. The only good thing is that they arrive unbroken.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting. He has 100% feedback on ebay. Of course, a number of those people hadn't installed theirs yet. 285 positive feedback, no negatives. Perhaps an issue with some ebay users is that they give feedback before the product arrives.

I've been selling on eBay for 10+ years & only had once customer leave feedback prior to receiving the item.

It was because of the eBay feedback that I was going to order a set of these myself. I know all too well that people are quick to leave negative feedback on eBay, so keeping 100% on large numbers of sales is highly impressive to me.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

Is this the same vendor that ships them in black trash bags?

Yes, they do arrive in a box, and are wrapped in black garbage bags inside the box.

If I would have ordered them on eBay, I would probably have looked them over, and went and left positive feedback on the way they initially look. Unfortunately, it is not until you go to install them that you run into all the shortcomings.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seller must not be on this forum?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, he is. He doesn't appear to be on this thread, and isn't very communicative here, either.
George P Wood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for George P WoodSend a Private Message to George P WoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Rodney will add a new product to his product line.
PFF
System Bot
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought two sets at different times and left positive feedback. Why? because they were better than NO sail panel and the fit was okay for what it is. One set was sanded irregular and fit okay. I second guessed my fitment and just assumed it was a character flaw of the product.

My body shop cracked the 1st set, so I had to buy a 2nd batch. On the 2nd batch, the windows were so irregular that it rubs both top and bottom edges and causes a rubbing/creaking noise. Again, just assumed it was a normal flaw of the product.

I don't have the message exchange, but I did try to give constructive feedback and was met with a nasty response. I asked why the screen print had so many pock marks (which usually means irregular screenprinting scrape causing bubbles), and mentioned the irregular rounded edge shape asking if that was part of the sanding process because one window had been sanded on the front facing edge deeper than three others. I also offered suggestion to please not ship them in two black trash bags and laying on top of each other because they had scratches in them.

Response? Paraphrasing but something to the effect "try and find them somewhere else. You won't". Ok then.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did try to give constructive feedback and was met with a nasty response [......] Paraphrasing but something to the effect "try and find them somewhere else. You won't"

What an attitude to have towards a paying customer!!

Anyhow...... Find them somewhere else? Well Guess what? I did! Ken Hines looks to make a really nice set of windows, that actually fit correctly, and have actual curves that will fit the car. I do wish they had the dot matrix screen printing, one thing that Chris actually did get right, other than the fact the screen printing ink scratches off really easy.

Another option are Fiero Fiberglass's window replacements. They are hollow in the center, and can be finished in many different ways.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edited for rules.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 04-30-2014).]

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope this shows up on Google searches

Rather than push him to quit making them altogether due to backlash I hope that this urges him to make a better product.

Still piecing something together for my fastback conversion.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Response? Paraphrasing but something to the effect "try and find them somewhere else. You won't". Ok then.

Well, there are these : http://fierofiberglass.com/...ges/SailWindows.html
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Rather than push him to quit making them altogether due to backlash I hope that this urges him to make a better product.

Still piecing something together for my fastback conversion.

Absolutely. In which case, this thread would recede. It would be great if he would jump in on the thread and reply. It would have been great if he had addressed or would address the issues we are currently reporting. Unfortunately, we don't appear to be reaching him, or he doesn't care/isn't listening. So, Chris Cook (gtfiero) apparently doesn't care about his reputation as a vendor, or about new/return customers.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
One note I want to make. Chris sends the printing out. I wanted different letters. Apparently, there are some issues with whomever does the printing. At one point, I looked into having the printing done elsewhere, but it must be done when the window is flat, and that could never be worked out.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

What an attitude to have towards a paying customer!!

Anyhow...... Find them somewhere else? Well Guess what? I did! Ken Hines looks to make a really nice set of windows, that actually fit correctly, and have actual curves that will fit the car. I do wish they had the dot matrix screen printing, one thing that Chris actually did get right, other than the fact the screen printing ink scratches off really easy.

Another option are Fiero Fiberglass's window replacements. They are hollow in the center, and can be finished in many different ways.

Before we jump on this wagon, does anyone have any experience with this vendor?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Before we jump on this wagon, does anyone have any experience with this vendor?

Ken's windows fit perfectly all the way around. Unfortunately making Fiero parts is not Ken's real job and his communication is almost zero. You pay and he ships the part. As far as I know, no one has EVER not received parts when they ordered. I know it seems uncomfortable to simply send money and hope to receive a part but he delivers each and every time. Ken is a great guy to deal with and sells some very nice items as well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock