Started on: 01-04-2014 12:59 AM
Replies: 17 (813 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 01-22-2014 09:15 AM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all ..... I am looking for information on the first and last fiero built if possible with their RPO's this project will be revealed at the 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Car Show in Frazee Mn. I know the last fiero is Red 88 GT VIN = 1G2P1193JP226402 I would like to get its RPOs I also need the same information on the first fiero built.
Thank you for your information .... hope seeing you in Frazee this summer.
greatest regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're wanting to replicate the first Fiero built, it is actually slightly different than the normal cars that rolled off the line.

The biggest thing is it doesn't have a driver's side air intake scoop (or any side scoop for that matter). I'm not sure how the air is brought up into the engine, but it must be from under the car somehow. I've never seen proper photographs of under the car in that area, but then again every time GM has shown it I've seen it without the hood and decklid open. It is a very low option base coupe for 1984 (non-SE model). It does not have a decklid luggage rack or a rear defrost. It also has the two-tone grey interior option used in 1984.

It'll probably be hard to get someone that has the RPO codes as again I'm not aware of anyone photographing the decal.

People have photographed the 1988 model quite a bit as it's privately owned so it shouldn't be hard to get the RPO codes. If I remember right the two options it does not have is the beechwood interior and the gold wheel option for 1988. It has every other option that could be ordered.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is an illustration of the first and last Fiero done by artist Kenneth Smith

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 01-04-2014).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:
The biggest thing is it doesn't have a driver's side air intake scoop (or any side scoop for that matter). I'm not sure how the air is brought up into the engine, but it must be from under the car somehow. I've never seen proper photographs of under the car in that area, but then again every time GM has shown it I've seen it without the hood and decklid open.

I would think that it picks up air from the decklid vent, no? That would seem like the simplest and most basic way to get air to the motor in a car without the side scoop.

I am curious to see what this project turns out to be.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 01-04-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello to all,
As I mentioned I only need the information RPO and VIN numbers. All will be revealed at Tylers Annual
thanks for helping me get these numbers....
Danyel
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have it for the last car, but not the first. I do distinctly remember that the first car had a 000001 Vin code (as would be expected). Based on this I'm sure we could figure out the rest. As far as the build tag, I don't have a picture of that. I looked through my pictures. Contact Fred or Ron. I would think that they would have it for sure. Below are some pictures of the last car tags and simple exterior pictures of the first car. Maybe some of the codes could be identified.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ R Runner thank you very much !!!!
One down one to go .....
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics of the two cars together from the 25th...

Interior pic of the first Fiero...

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:
It is a very low option base coupe for 1984 (non-SE model). It does not have a decklid luggage rack or a rear defrost. It also has the two-tone grey interior option used in 1984.

Clearly it DOES have the rear defrost, and it does have the SE striped seats and SE dash (light gray rather than charcoal)...but I believe the rest of the info is correct. It is NOT labeled as an SE on the sail panels.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 01-05-2014).]

Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may want to contact Fred Bartemeyer as he seems to be the Fiero expert in trivia.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP for anyone who took a pic of the VIN of Fiero # 01.... meanwhile I'll see if I can talk to Fred

THX
Danyel

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
.... hope seeing you in Frazee this summer.
greatest regards
Danyel

Sorry i got nuthin
See ya in Frazee!
It will be good to see you again.
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still lookin for info on fiero # 1

THX
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you try contacting the GM Heritage Center where the car is?

http://www.gmheritagecenter...r/contact/index.html
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Did you try contacting the GM Heritage Center where the car is?

http://www.gmheritagecenter...r/contact/index.html

Fred Bartemeyer will be getting back to me soon..... just seeing if the wekend crowd might have info and pics
Thanks
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Week end BUMP
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still searchin for the information..........
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

I got to drive the 1st car but it had no vin Rick B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiQl0F8Ls6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waac6NmH6R8

Nice, but holly crap does that thing idle high!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock