what would you do if you could? by ageek007
Started on: 10-12-2013 04:13 PM
Replies: 8 (393 views)
Last post by: Silentassassin185 on 10-18-2013 10:10 AM
ageek007

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ageek007Send a Private Message to ageek007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i was browsing your typical local interwebs dreaming the fiero dream of what i really want to do to that car i found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RXVo03kYdM

After cleaning the drool puddle, i realize that i finally have an end goal now even if i can't make it happen right now.

My question to everyone else, after you've seen the video, what would you do with it?

My other question, directed at Archie should he be so inclined, is it even possible to put that in a fiero? I would think so but i'm by no means the expert here.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it. OK, you can get an LS aftermarket block that can support up to 2,500hp.
But that much power is ludicrous in a Fiero. (And awfully expensive, by the way.)
Once you get into the 500hp range the car has such a high power to weight ratio that it can become difficult to drive.
You have to be real careful how hard you lean on the gas pedal, lest you loose traction and then bad things start to happen.
Plus that much horsepower can be hard on the car's running gear, and of course, tires.
From my perspective an LS3 engine with 430-480hp is fast enough for me.
Although Troyboy's Fiero with a 505hp LS7, or a 665hp LS9 is a plausible option.

Just because you can put a monster motor in a car doesn't mean that you should put a monster motor in a car.

On the other hand, most folks believe that "Bigger is Better". And it doesn't hurt to dream.

And of course, I have my opinion, and you have yours. We don't have to agree, and that's OK. You see things your way, and I see thing my way. We are both entitled to our opinions.

Sweet dreams.

~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't watch all the way through. Missed any pricing info.

How do these compare in cost with other aftermarket blocks? With a used LS3 plus re-build with components of choice?

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
I didn't watch all the way through. Missed any pricing info.

How do these compare in cost with other aftermarket blocks? With a used LS3 plus re-build with components of choice?

It's roughly the same price range as other aftermarket aluminum LS race blocks. About $4800 for the block, from Jegs.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A turbo'd Ford Taurus SHO V6 has been a "want to do" for awhile.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me i have an aguement with myself over newer v6 vs v8 both have advantages and cannot decide. The body of my car will slowly evolve further.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

For me i have an aguement with myself over newer v6 vs v8 both have advantages and cannot decide. The body of my car will slowly evolve further.

I haven't looked, but do you have a build thread ( I rarely make it into the construction zone )? I haven't seen any "progress" pics from you lately and I'm curious to see what all you've been doing on your Fiero again .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-15-2013).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have about a half-dozen things to do to the car if money was no object.
(1) Have power steering installed So the wife can keep the car after my demise.
(2) Have the top chopped
(3) Have the car completely Air Bagged
After all the work was finished have it completely repainted. In the color that it's in now.Well that my trip for a 78 yr. guy.
BTW I have owned this car for 25 yrs, Everything else on the car is the way I want it
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 3.0L V8 from the Ariel Atom. Alternatively a 2.8L V8 from Hartley Enterprise and throw a turbo on it.

------------------

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock