Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  HOLLEY side scoops------hard to find Not now.... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
HOLLEY side scoops------hard to find Not now.... by fireboss
Started on: 04-23-2013 09:37 PM
Replies: 60 (2199 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 11-22-2015 04:35 PM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Long story short.....
Got tired of looking for Holley scoops for my cars
So I found one on E-bay And they aint cheap!
I decided to make my own
Took the emblem off of the one I bought and made a couple of silicone molds

This is the original I made my molds from

Removing new part from mold

Here are the parts old on the bottom new on the top (the new part still has some flashing on the corners)

and on my car painted silver

and thats how I will stop searching for those dang scoops
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! Nice work.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool...what materials are you using to make the molds and the emblem?
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a 2 part silcone mold
and for the actual part I used a casting resin
Im gonna try some clear plastic resin and make some that can be backlit with some LEDs
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, thanks!
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I have been watching the originals and their prices.

I would gladly take that sample off your hands.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:
I would gladly take that sample off your hands.

OK (beta tester)

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 04-23-2013).]

dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanxs---Im gonna try to make some window switches top covers(the gray part only) to hell with paying sky high prices for the whole switch when all u need is to clean the switch and replace the gray cover,I would like to make the top of them thicker where they wear thin at

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 04-24-2013).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

I used a 2 part silcone mold
and for the actual part I used a casting resin

Good thinking! That stuff is fun to work with; I used it to make coal loads for HO-scale model trains. Looked just like the real thing and I could make about 200 loads from one set of resin. Some people use it to make extremely accurate and detailed model parts.

Keep in mind though the shelf life of the resin mix isn't terribly long. Once you mix it and pour it into the mold, if it gets real bubbly or foamy its starting to go bad. You're probably better off pouring a dozen or so or however many you might need just in case the resin bottles go bad eventually.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im gonna try to make some window switches top covers(the gray part only) ...

I"ll be your first customer.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fireboss, PM sent.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

calvinthedestroyer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for calvinthedestroyerClick Here to visit calvinthedestroyer's HomePageSend a Private Message to calvinthedestroyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's very cool.

Are you going too copy the entire Scoop?
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not realy,theres alot of the scoops around and TFS sells them new...
My inital thought was to make a few of the harder to find parts/high wear and tear plastic parts

Looking at recreating the windows switches(gray covers only)
any other parts anyone would like??
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The originals are getting expensive? Interesting. I think I have 2 of them in the garage.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

The originals are getting expensive? Interesting. I think I have 2 of them in the garage.

I have one sitting in my junk pile. Last I checked they were going for around $20 but that was right after the Fiero store started selling them.
That said I have no idea what they are going for now or how much they are actualy worth.

Good job on the mold.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanxs i seen them going tween $50-$80(on e-bay) I paid around $60 I think---- so pull yours out and LIST it !!!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a while FieroStore stopped selling their version, prices on the Holleys got pretty high. Now that fierostore is selling the "Fiero" version again, prices on the Holley seemed to have come down a little, Fierostore sells for 30, original Holley's in decent shape, 50-60 .

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK (beta tester)

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work man!

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ilke the idea of a clear one that can be lit.
Great thinking man.
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,ordered the clear last night and made sure it had UV protection,getting it from a marine boat supply store its the same stuff they use for making lenses for there boat lights
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in a clear one or two.
I have many scoops so I like to switch them up from time to time.

PM me with estimated cost if you decide to go this route.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroSport:

I'd be interested in a clear one or two.
I have many scoops so I like to switch them up from time to time.

PM me with estimated cost if you decide to go this route.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great line from a great movie. Curious, do you know the meaning behind that line? I've seen so many speculations, but curious which you think is correct.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-26-2013).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Great line from a great movie. Curious, do you know the meaning behind that line? I've seen so many speculations, but curious which you think is correct.

I'm the man for the job. Or, I'm the man your looking for. IMO. That's how I always understood it. Lots of great history behind that expression! Nice catch, I was wondering if anyone caught it!

Sorry FireBoss for the OT but I am your Huckleberry!

edit...doh typos..

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 04-26-2013).]

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forget the Holley emblem... I want your console!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm the man for the job. Or, I'm the man your looking for. IMO. That's how I always understood it. Lots of great history behind that expression! Nice catch, I was wondering if anyone caught it!

Sorry FireBoss for the OT but I am your Huckleberry!

edit...doh typos..

I'll make you famous! no no that doesn't work.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I'll make you famous! no no that doesn't work.

Lol. Great flick!

Sorry, back on topic I received this in the mail today..

From a great fellow PFF'er. Jim aka Jimlong67. Jim is a real stand up guy. If you ever have the pleasure of doing business or just chatting he will keep you smiling! TYVM Jim!

So this part looks great. I don't own a GT or fastback so those letters are coming off of it. Perfect for this IMO. It looks like this scoop is a TFS version. I can't say for sure but it looks to new to be an original Holley scoop.

I can't wait to get the Holley part that Fireboss is making. Wish I had a original Holley scoop to compare it with. Maybe if someone has a original Holley scoop they could post a good pic of it?

I think it is going to look BA! Great work Fireboss!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Original Holley Scoop. The paint was worn off so I "painted" it with a silver sharpie to see what it would look like. Doesnt look too bad unless you are up real close.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!! I been wanting one of these scoops for awhile. Now maybe the search won't be so difficult? Awesome!!

Now just to figure out how to best attach and paint. Sharpie silver did you say? Hmm. Interesting. Any other ideas? Are there any good chrome spray can products? I'm open to any suggestions.

Great work Fireboss! I can't wait to see what is next.

Did I say Awesome?!

PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool...... was about to pm you and see if u got it yet.

I used a silver sharpie on mine to paint it(had to put a couple of coats on it)
as far as attaching it....I drilled out the holes a little bit on the scoop and used some black RTV on the back to hold it on----or you could sand the back flat and then use the RTV,that way you can remve it and use the Fiero emblem if u like...

Will be working on making some clear emblems this weekend and then making the molds for the power window switches
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Andrew
That looks awesome, I probably should kept it myself. Just kidding, I love my stock look with fins.
Jim

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT
Kathryn's Welded Metal Artist

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimlong67:

Andrew
That looks awesome, I probably should kept it myself. Just kidding, I love my stock look with fins.
Jim

Jim I owe you big time! I will make it up to you. You can't say no.

Silver Sharpee...Done. Pics of it installed in the am. Theres no question about the viability of this part and it's quality IMO.

Fireboss your Da' man! Could you make the PONTIAC that goes on the rear fascia of Momma's 87 base coupe? Some smuck broke it off probably long before we got the car. I don't have a pic of it but will look for one.

Did I say Awesome?!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanxs.....Nice SHARPIE skilzs
Looks good on there,How did u mount it......

got to see if I have a PONTIAC emblem around the garage..if so and its in good shape Yep I can try...
Also I sent 2 . 1= for you,and the other for Momma.....if she wants it (got to go for my brownie points)

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 05-04-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the back of an original Holley (requested to see how mounting was done).

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
Fieros For Sale

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used this to attach the part to the vent. $4.88 at my local parts store. I'm gonna need it anyway for Momma's sail panel arrow head logo's that she has taxed from me...sigh...Brownie points I guess! They are mint new in package GM old stock.... Anyway used this stuff.

I cut off the two out side posts on the back side and just used the center post and adhesive. I dremelled the cut off posts nice and flat for a good flat mounting surface. Easy. Took longer to write this and upload pics

Looks BA! Yes my car needs paint both hoods are temps. I been saving all my Gummy Bear money for a paint job. This is not about my cars paint though...

Great work Fireboss. It looks so good I think it merits a test ride around downtown
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks so good I think it merits a test ride around downtown

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work, fireboss!

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 11-20-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay