Started on: 08-20-2012 06:23 AM
Replies: 52 (1451 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 06-13-2014 12:26 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my front clip and scoops fitted this weekend and now I just have my rocker flares to finish and everything will be off to paint.
It will be nice to have some clearance in the front again.
The chin spoiler, even though it looked good, was pretty low.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice touches there Mike!... love the nose

Have you considered moving the spoiler back before painting?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Blake.
I don`t have any plans to change the spoiler right how.
I can do something later as I`m only getting the parts painted, not the whole car.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike G.

Looks great. Move the wing back? Move it up, up in the sky. Just kidding looks great.

Mike P.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Mike
Ayrow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of people that change the nose on the Fiero, but that looks great.
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Well done.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice Mike. What did you use to make the ground effects with?

Nolan
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Nolan,Ayrow
JImmy S makes the flares that just attach to each end of the stock lower rockers.
Then, you just mold them in.
I bought another set of rockers so I wouldn`t have to mess with my originals.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-21-2012).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really, well I didn't know that! I'll have to check them out.

Nolan
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Mike. Don't forget to send me some high res pics once it's all painted. I'll add them to the website.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do, JimmyS.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any concerns about cracking seeing as the flares are fiberglass and the stock peieces they are being attached to are flexible (urethane?)

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-20-2012).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan, I don`t figure the flares move around too much so I`m going to chance it.
I didn`t go cheap on the product I am using to fill the void in either, so I`m hoping it will hold.
I have had good luck with Evercoat products.

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=182
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking real good Mike, can't wait to see it painted.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steve
I will try to make one of the Houston get togethers in the near future.
Mike
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
like it Mike!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank ya Kevin.
Have you found some lug bolts yet?
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, getting them on tonight
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice mods, simple & clean.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob.
When I was pulling into my house yesterday looking straight at the front of the car the 512 nose really looks mean.
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Nolan, I don`t figure the flares move around too much so I`m going to chance it.
I didn`t go cheap on the product I am using to fill the void in either, so I`m hoping it will hold.
I have had good luck with Evercoat products.

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=182

Thanks for the product link Mike!

I'm going to have to give this some consideration.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So......?

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting the nose back from the paint shop on Friday and I am going to pick up my paint for the scoops and rockers that I`m going to do myself.
I almost have the rockers smoothed to my satisfaction.
I have all of the wiring run for the fog lights and my fold under license plate holder.
I should be able to get it all buttoned up with this upcoming 3 day weekend.
I will post pics when done.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! Thanks for the update. It's gonna look great!

Nolan
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great to hear.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. It is a risk to mold two different materials together, but you never know the results till its done for a while. You could always be lucky and it lasts just fine. I patched some major rust holes in a friend old car he didnt want to spend money on just for a street cruiser. I used screws and chicken wire, and covered it with bondo. Painted and undercoated the backside. It didnt bubble up before he sold it 10 years later.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I`m banking on the fact that when the rockers are attached at all of the rivet points to the car they are not that flexible.
One of our club members used a fiberglass spoiler bonded to a stock GT front clip years ago and it still looks great.
I really roughed up the rockers with 60 grit before starting to use the adhesive/filler.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike:

Do you need to use that special two tube "caulking gun" and mixing tips for the evercoat adhesive?

Thanks
Nolan
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nolan, it just comes in Part A and Part B tubes and you just squeeze out one ribbon of each and mix it up.
It hardens in about 20 minutes and is ready to sand shortly after.
It sands pretty easily but seems to stick to the fiberglass and plastic very well.
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see the finished product.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rick, I can`t wait to drive my car again.
I almost took it out a couple of times without the front or rockers,

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-31-2012).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First phase.
I start painting the rockers and scoops tomorrow.
They didn`t quite get the shade of red right but it shows up mostly in the sunlight.
I can live with it.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 09-01-2012).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Mike!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Paul.
Does your brother still have my old 85GT ?
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes he will be driving it to the Ruckus. His Enterra has a bad motor so it won't be making the trip.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. Rob sure does nice work. Awesome job.

Bob
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock