Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fox Valley Fieros do a sneaky overhaul! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fox Valley Fieros do a sneaky overhaul! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 09-02-2011 12:08 AM
Replies: 62 (2279 views)
Last post by: project34 on 12-05-2014 06:02 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone!! how are ya!!
Today is a great day in Fiero land for our unsuspecting buddy Tommy! (86fierofun) We stole his car and as a club have been overhaulin it!
So far with the help of my fellow club members we have replaced the rear frame rails, trunk and other rotted out bits! then we replaced the roof ,the door, the fender, and bumpers! and cradle more to come soon, the motor is rebuilt the trani is being swaped out for a 4 speed and im shure I am forgettin somthing! we are doing everything!!

I want to thank everyone who has donated parts and time to this project! I have been havin alot of fun doing it and cant wait to finish it up!

Ill post a few pics but I am going to turn it over to Tommy so he can start his own build thread for his car!

86soon3.4 and av8fiero gettin the rebuild engine on the stand foxyfiero is in the far distance walkin away

Replaced frame rail drivers side:

Before:

Thats it for pics for now ill leave the rest up to Tommy!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-29-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, awesome.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What happened to make the reveal early?

Brad
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much guys!!!!! I'm truly humbled! As for the early reveal, you'll see below. lol.

Back story:

The throwout bearing went to crap rendering the car inoperable.I lost my storage of the car about a month ago or two and had it worked out to trailer the car over to my buddies house (gtxbullet) to try and get throwout bearing replaced (along with a simple engine refresh). I put 2-300 in parts (all I had) and thought I could get it on the road. Well, the throwout bearing was really hosed and I ended up breaking the trans housing trying to get it off the clutch fork. Needless to say, I didn't have any more money for a trans. I ran out of money and did not have storage for the car, so my only option was to part it out. Steve (gtxbullet) agreed to part it out for me while the car stays at his place for a reasonable share of the sales. Well, unbeknownst to be, instead of parting it out, the Fox Valley Fiero's worked together to do all this!! So two weeks ago, I stopped by Steve's and my car wasn't there. Lol. I was like... ok..... he told me that someone was cutting some frame pieces off, and would return the car when they were done. I was like, and you trust them? He goes "Sure!" So this weekend is a long weekend for me, and I finally have time to work on it again, I figured I could take a bunch of parts off this weekend and try to sell them next weekend at Fierorama. My car still wasn't at Steves. Lol. I don't think Steve could come up with a good cover story anymore, hence the early reveal. Lol. I was totally in shock. I still am. I'm heading up there today. Hope to get a lot of pictures, and put in some elbow grease as well.

Thank you all so much!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Thank you so much guys!!!!! I'm truly humbled! As for the early reveal, you'll see below. lol.

Back story:

The throwout bearing went to crap rendering the car inoperable.I lost my storage of the car about a month ago or two and had it worked out to trailer the car over to my buddies house (gtxbullet) to try and get throwout bearing replaced (along with a simple engine refresh). I put 2-300 in parts (all I had) and thought I could get it on the road. Well, the throwout bearing was really hosed and I ended up breaking the trans housing trying to get it off the clutch fork. Needless to say, I didn't have any more money for a trans. I ran out of money and did not have storage for the car, so my only option was to part it out. Steve (gtxbullet) agreed to part it out for me while the car stays at his place for a reasonable share of the sales. Well, unbeknownst to be, instead of parting it out, the Fox Valley Fiero's worked together to do all this!! So two weeks ago, I stopped by Steve's and my car wasn't there. Lol. I was like... ok..... he told me that someone was cutting some frame pieces off, and would return the car when they were done. I was like, and you trust them? He goes "Sure!" So this weekend is a long weekend for me, and I finally have time to work on it again, I figured I could take a bunch of parts off this weekend and try to sell them next weekend at Fierorama. My car still wasn't at Steves. Lol. I don't think Steve could come up with a good cover story anymore, hence the early reveal. Lol. I was totally in shock. I still am. I'm heading up there today. Hope to get a lot of pictures, and put in some elbow grease as well.

Thank you all so much!

Dude, that's awesome! It's a great feeling isn't it? Knowing that you have friends like that, and that you mean enough to them for them to do this for you. I don't know what you did, but if the whole club and then some is helping out, I'd say you deserve it.

Another story that demonstrates the generosity and helpfulness of this community.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Totally awesome! Nice work so far guys!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Dude, that's awesome! It's a great feeling isn't it? Knowing that you have friends like that, and that you mean enough to them for them to do this for you. I don't know what you did, but if the whole club and then some is helping out, I'd say you deserve it.

Another story that demonstrates the generosity and helpfulness of this community.

It feels fantastic! These guys are amazing!

So I was utterly amazed at how much metal work they did! My little car has a new rear end! I didn't take a picture of it, but Rob showed me what was left from what he cut off the car. VERY little. It's sad that there was more of my frame in his shop vac than in the scrap metal pile! So Rob already posted the pictures of the frame transformation, which is completely amazing. He also reconstructed my trunk! It is solid now!

What we don't have pictures of is the engine! Oh, is it pretty. I could eat off the thing! Honestly, that engine looks like I've always wanted it to look like! Not a spec of dirt on there, it's not pissing out the usual quart or two per oil change, and it's all a beautiful black. Ta-da!

I didn't get pictures of it until it was already dark out. But it looks great! We're putting the engine mount and other accessories on it, getting it ready for the replacement four speed. And about 2 hours of trying to align things later....

It's on!! Ok, so maybe not two hours, but when you're holding the transmission trying to get it to align up with the engine, it can feel like two hours! (we all had our turn ) That trans is clean too! I'm excited to see how the four speed drives out!

We pulled the axles and strut towers off the old cradle. Once the axles came out, there was an oil spill that would have made exxon jealous! I thought I had a picture of it, but I guess not. Lol.I think the club would do well to buy stock in kitty litter

Here's the new cradle, all ready for the new parts! Cut off what was left of the old mounts on the space frame side, took of the V-6 mounts, and now its ready for the Duke! Despite the rust laying on the ground, it is a very clean cradle!

And this is how Wisconsinites do car work. With a beer in one hand, and Liquid Wrench in the other!

Reminds me of a joke. 98% of all people yell "Oh S***!" right before they crash their car. The other two percent are from Wisconsin and say "hold my beer and watch this!"

Aaaaand, last but not least, beauty shot of Robs chop top. I think it is a requirement that everyone sees this car in person at least once. Beautiful!

I had a great time up there, and was thrilled to see my car again! I really thought it was halfway parted out by now. lol. I will be up there again on Monday, and will come back with more pictures!

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope it runs as good as it looks! ( the engine )

Steve

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did they clean the trans it wasnt that clean when i dropped it off lol it was greasy as hell
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Hope it runs as good as it looks! ( the engine )

Steve

I'm sure it will Steve!

Looked and felt fairly clean Foxy!

I can't wait to make it back up on Monday!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I either missed it or it wasn't posted, but is the engine rebuilt or new? Is there any modding on it or is it stock?

Edit: Just saw that it was rebuilt.. DOH!

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 09-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic idea... one problem... now he knows. lol. We dogged Rallaster. Almost had to steal his other car so he wouldn't show up early.

------------------
"Remember: amateurs built the ark ....
professionals built the Titanic."

timgray
Because that is all a corvette is good for, parts for the fiero..

Part of the Rallaster "Overhaulin" project. 6/4/2011
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085568.html
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gibbsons stash of 30 fieros, this project would be really tough without this resource!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today will prob be the first run of Tommys newly refreshed engine!

Here are some highlights of yesterdays fun!

gt kieth gettin some action in

86soon3.4 dosent like his pic taken I can see why look at that mug geez!

converting shift linkages to the 4 speed ones

Ready freddy!

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im jealous can mine be next ill bring all the parts up lol jut donate labor!!!! lol
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It runs! finished up the engine install tonite! boy Tommy had a $H)^ eatin grin when he saw it fire up!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was a perfect day for car work. Awesome weather! I started my 2 hour drive north with this. I think it's a landing platform for alien aircraft, but I really am not sure. I don't know why my camera makes it look so small, it's really quite big from the road.

Then lots of these:

And a camel...

Then I arrived at Robs. It's on all fours! Yay!

They did a lot of work in the last two days!

Look at that battery tray! Very nice. I had my last battery get eaten by the water pump. That shall happen no more! (Side note to Rob: I never did tighten down the battery. I was too eager to hear it run)

Hmmmm.... Where did all these wires/plugs/vacuum lines go?

It's coming back to me....

Now I remember!

My tire valve didn't work, so I had to install another

Aaaaannnndddd....... IT RUNS! (the haze is oil burning off the exhaust. Yes, it is running in this picture)

It took me and Rob a couple trips to Autozone to get all the little things we needed, but we got it going! I was so happy to hear her purr again! And I don't think I've ever, in my time that I've owned her, heard that duke sound so quiet! These guys did a fantastic job! No exhaust leaks, no oil leaks, no (after a cap change) coolant leaks, no leaks of any kind! I don't think my car has done that either in the 8 or so years I've owned her!

Then me and Rob had some time to kill, so we gave it a chop and then I drove it home:
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just cements my true love for this community.

Tony
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome progress guys! I'm glad I was able to help some on this project. I'm looking forward to seeing this project completly finished. Tommy I hope you enjoy the car as much as we enjoyed rebuilding it for many years to come.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tommy must be a terrific guy for you guys to go this far and you guys are special too. I have to say there's not that much left of the original car. I think I would have replaced the car rather than fix it.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work guys! I applaud you all. Congrats on the overhaul also.
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I wont be workin on Tommys car the next few days but if u want to feel free ill hide a key for ya somewere, My dad is in the hospital not doing so good at the moment so ill be headin up there as soon as my Mom gets here. Not shure of the details yet but dosent sound good from what my brother said.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope your Dad pulls through! Was that your Mom and Dad I saw drop your kids off on Friday? He looked in great health then...

I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

And don't worry about my car, there's plenty of time for that. Let us know how your Dad does.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumparoo! Hey Tommys car is ready for the road! Due to crappy weather the paint job is being put off to spring, I want to give it the ol 1-2 like I did 86soon3.4's car so it needs to be warm! I took it for a ride the other day and that little duke has a bit of pickup now that its fresh!
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally found this thread!!!

I'm glad I sent the car up to you, can't wait to check out all the work in person when it's brought home for the winter.

on a personal note - I need a getrag trans, can you guys check out Gibby's for me. under 140k would be perfect.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

finally found this thread!!!

I'm glad I sent the car up to you, can't wait to check out all the work in person when it's brought home for the winter.

on a personal note - I need a getrag trans, can you guys check out Gibby's for me. under 140k would be perfect.

they have them but they want a mint for them most of them are 4 speeds or autos
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, it's not hard to break the case on the Isuzu, just ask my buddy Alex. The 4-speed you put in there won't have as good economy, but it'll sure make that car accelerate faster! Great job all, I love seeing builds like this.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What no paint? or custom hood? JK

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

What no paint? or custom hood? JK

LOL!! oh hey now just wait!!! we ran out of time this year but come spring then that part starts!! I had to put a hold on work till the lawsuit ive been involved with ended wich today it did I won!! but sadly it consumed so much of my time we didnt get the chance to finish up this season on Tommys car. Spring will be here in 5 months!! short time to wait!! lol
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Hey Tommy hows she running???? still need to paint that thing!!!! Running out of summer!!
Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I may ask...where is this Gibbson's? Just for future reference.....
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rik:

It is located in Neenah WI, but right now they have half of the fieros they did and no gt's they are redoing the yard and killed half the cars in it.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been talking to Mark. I am ready to have her painted, just need to get it organized. Then comes new tires! She is running great!
Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

It is located in Neenah WI, but right now they have half of the fieros they did and no gt's they are redoing the yard and killed half the cars in it.

Thanks! Looks like it might be a good place to go hunting for the front plate bracket I need for my 88.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To make it easier for you to find (via Mapquest, for example), just be aware their name has only one "b" in it, and only one "s" in it: Gibson Iron Metal & Auto.

Looks like it might be a good place to go hunting for the front plate bracket I need for my 88.

Another place to try is the The Fiero Factory in Toney, Alabama ( http://thefierofactory.com ).

Unlike Gibson Iron Metal & Auto here in Neenah, Wisconsin, The Fiero Factory in Toney, Alabama, is a huge, Fiero-focused salvage yard.

Of course, for you, driving that far would make even less economic sense than driving to Neenah.

However, The Fiero Factory in the past always has been able to simply mail to me the right Fiero parts that I needed.

By the way, welcome to Pennock's Fiero Forum!

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 08-26-2012).]

Rik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Another place to try is the The Fiero Factory in Toney, Alabama ( http://thefierofactory.com ).

Unlike Gibson Iron Metal & Auto here in Neenah, Wisconsin, The Fiero Factory in Toney, Alabama, is a huge, Fiero-focused salvage yard.

Of course, for you, driving that far would make even less economic sense than driving to Neenah.

However, The Fiero Factory in the past always has been able to simply mail to me the right Fiero parts that I needed.

By the way, welcome to Pennock's Fiero Forum!

Thanks for both the info, and the welcome! My Formula is actually Wisconsin based, she lives about an hour west of where you're at in Menasha, so a trip to Gibson's wouldn't be far at all. Hope to join you on one of your club outings once she's cleaned up.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm flopping around on color choices. One of the colors I wanted was an orange-red (more orange than red) that would be quite bright. This is kind of close:
http://www.flickr.com/photo...raveller/3560867898/
What do you guys think?

Going to get some suspension parts this afternoon for the car. Have to order a coolant hose to, as that's leaking pretty bad now (yes, I know you told me to do that long ago rob :P). Oh, and I want to replace both tranny mounts. The firewall mount is bad I do believe (might as well do them both, though the rear most mount looked very new. was it new?)

Soon here guys I'll be looking to get her painted. So stay tuned! (and helping hands is always a plus )
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Ok, this color is EXACTLY what I would want, if only it were the actual color instead of a phosphorescent glow. Though the glow stuff is pretty cool, I wont lie.
http://www.stardustcolors.c...nt-paint-orange.html

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I'm flopping around on color choices. One of the colors I wanted was an orange-red (more orange than red) that would be quite bright. This is kind of close:
http://www.flickr.com/photo...raveller/3560867898/
What do you guys think?

Going to get some suspension parts this afternoon for the car. Have to order a coolant hose to, as that's leaking pretty bad now (yes, I know you told me to do that long ago rob :P). Oh, and I want to replace both tranny mounts. The firewall mount is bad I do believe (might as well do them both, though the rear most mount looked very new. was it new?)

Soon here guys I'll be looking to get her painted. So stay tuned! (and helping hands is always a plus )

Hmmmm i think we put new mounts in? not sure I forgot! lol When your ready for paint I will drive down and help mark get it done.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Otherwise, the other direction that I was contemplating was a light metalic blue. I fell in love with the color when it was on the BMW Z3 (think golden eye bond film). Then I saw one of these on the road and I thought this was what I wanted, only the racing stripes would be off center, with one wide one and one skinny one:

So what do you guys thing? A bright red orange (heavy on the orange) or a light metalic blue?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock