Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! (Page 1)

Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! by Daniel H
Started on: 11-23-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 296 (19106 views)
Last post by: Daniel H on 01-25-2015 01:38 PM
Daniel H

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everybody! First I want told about that a live in Russia, so sorry if my english is terrible! I was reading PFF from 2004 and have some interest for Fiero. But then I have no opportunity to buy it for some reasons: in first i was too young, and second: find Fiero in Russia is BIG problem! Most of Fiero what was imported in russia already in garbage. Reason of that is problems with parts. In some cases get detail is impossible! But I'm not about this.

At last summer i have chance to get Fiero and I not passed it! And now I' m a happy(in some meaning) owner of a Fiero, My Fiero is 86 SE. It come to me in terrible condition! It was without engine, gearbox, radiator and some other details.

I was lucky, because fathers friend, that also got a Fiero, was swaped his Fiero with Northstar, and he was presented me him stock engine(V6 2.8)

So now i working at bringing my Fiero to good condition. At first I was cleaned bottom from some rust, and painted it( My father helped me with paintwork). Next I removed all exterior plastic panels(except roof) and started cleaning everything else. Now I cleaned up front hood section, engine section and trunk.

Now I dont now what else to tell.. So I post some pictures. It all for now.

Thanks for attention!

[Edited by Cliff Pennock: Changed thread title by request of OP]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!

We really need to see pictures.

Not only are there two Fiero's in Russia.. One is a Northstar. WOW.

I wonder what it would take to get parts up there?

Welcome to the greatest Forum on Earth, .

Brad
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! My roommate is Russian (from Moscow, I think) and another friend is Russian. No worries about having problems with English, its not an easy language to learn... I think several domestic members here are still working on learning it

Pictures though! We like pictures!
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel....welcome to the forum. Post some pictures when you get a chance. Your English is just fine, don't worry. It is great to see Fiero owners all over the world.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 01-22-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF!!!
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm I dont even understand how post images to be it viewable immediately at forum.....

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-23-2009).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome !
If you need any parts let me know, I have several spare parts and some other people in europe may have parts too..
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Look at the bottom of the screen for this symbol:

Double click it and download it, install on your computer.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel H:

You can use the pennocks poster or instead of using the HTML code when pasting in links from photo sites, use the IMG code instead. Type "[ img ]" before the picture link and [ /img ] after a picture link (without the spaces) and the pics should show up.

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 11-23-2009).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh!! I got it! Big thanks!
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF Daniel. Nice looking work you are doing there. We are always happy to see another Fiero saved from the garbage. Great job! Keep us posted on your progress.

Pat in Texas.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh!! I got it! Big thanks!

No problem! By the way, your method of propping your car up reminds me of this :

Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum Daniel.
Larry

------------------

Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention
but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-- Dave Barry

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

No problem! By the way, your method of propping your car up reminds me of this :

Alibi, we can do this to change the pump right? How did he get it up like that?

Brad

EDIT: OMG is he welding on the gas tank:O

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 11-23-2009).]

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the red truck in the first picture?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is the red vehicle on the edge of this picture?

If you ever want to know how someone on here does something you can just click the "EDIT" button on our post and see everything .

Brad
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Don't worry about your english. It's better than Pontiackids and he's from the U.S.A. Just kiddin PK

Jim
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome dan
i got 2 fieros here in Sydney Australia
by the way do you know many woman in Russia,
If i gave you a few names , manybe they might be in your area?

Hi everybody! First I want told about that a live in Russia, so sorry if my english is terrible! I was reading PFF from 2004 and have some interest for Fiero. But then I have no opportunity to buy it for some reasons: in first i was too young, and second: find Fiero in Russia is BIG problem! Most of Fiero what was imported in russia already in garbage. Reason of that is problems with parts. In some cases get detail is impossible! But I'm not about this.

At last summer i have chance to get Fiero and I not passed it! And now I' m a happy(in some meaning) owner of a Fiero, My Fiero is 86 SE. It come to me in terrible condition! It was without engine, gearbox, radiator and some other details.

I was lucky, because fathers friend, that also got a Fiero, was swaped his Fiero with 5.7Northstar, and he was presented me him stock engine(V6 2.8)

So now i working at bringing my Fiero to good condition. At first I was cleaned bottom from some rust, and painted it( My father helped me with paintwork). Next I removed all exterior plastic panels(except roof) and started cleaning everything else. Now I cleaned up front hood section, engine section and trunk.

Now I dont now what else to tell.. So I post some pictures. It all for now.

Thanks for attention!

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The truck in the corner of photo is "Jump!". It was produced in low value here in Russia some time ago. But producing of this car now is ended for some reasons related with bureaucracy problems. Here is link http://www.autoreview.ru/ne...1/n01/jump/jump1.htm . This page are on russian but you can see pictures!

How did I get up my Fiero? In this operation was used long pipe, hi-jack, some planks and some piece of brain Also a winch's rope for fixing.

To proff,
Where so many womans so I can't know all of them If I try to do this, I will have no time to work at my Fiero
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To proff,
Where so many womans so I can't know all of them If I try to do this, I will have no time to work at my Fiero

Love that answer...

Welcome Daniel.

The picture of the engine is interesting. The hubs where the wheels go look different. Is there something bolted on there?

PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings Daniel, when you do get your car running I would like to see a pic of your Fiero with a famous Russian landmark in the background. It would be nice to see a collection from around the globe.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel, I am sorry I took this away from your Fiero. At least I was not asking how many women you have known .

Brad
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

welcome dan
i got 2 fieros here in Sydney Australia
by the way do you know many woman in Russia,
If i gave you a few names , manybe they might be in your area?

Like you he is probably already collared but many Russian girls are beautiful as some are decendants of what the vikings collected from around Europe when the vikings enslaved the hotties.

Welcome from Australia

Welcome to the forum.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner

The picture of the engine is interesting. The hubs where the wheels go look different. Is there something bolted on there?

Yes! That bolted things is adapters from 5*100 to 5*112 PCD...

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-24-2009).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, Daniel! I must say that's an interesting way to paint the underside of the car, please be careful working like that. That 2.8 looks to be really clean, I hope it runs as good as it looks!

Andy
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Very cool to see a Fiero in Russia. There is a person I work with at General Motors that is from St. Petersburg. The world is getting smaller and smaller. Congratulations on your car. Keep posting pics of the restoration. This should be cool!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum and.... about your English...... It's better than some Americans who post on here

What really impresses me about your SE is the apparent lack of rust. The pics before paint looked pretty clean. A lot of cars in Canada fall victim to salt on the roads in winter, and there is condensation that builds up in the trunk quarter panels, particularly behind the trunk fan.

I am also impressed with the engine and cradle. Also pretty clean. It looks like you have a really good project there. Be sure to keep us up to date.

I use http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php to host pics. It works fairly well. Good luck

Arn

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Ha Ha, that was my first thought too.

That's gonna leave a scratch or two on the bodywork you know!

Ps. Welcome to the madness.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 11-24-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Madness!

MMmmm, I was wondering if you are destroying your Fiero Store's (?) side air scoops? I was also wondering if your wheel bearings and hubs are being compromised for being under this type of constant load

Spasibo,
Kevin
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The engine looks clean because I was cleaning it for all day. With all possible ways. I was used different chemical degreasers, was use kerosene, gasoline, different brushes, car washer, pressured air, and everything else what was under the hand... It was difficult, but i made it and now engine looks shiny!

I hopes too, what it's running good. Actually this engine was removed from running car and he may haven't troubles.

Apparent lack of rust? Hm... Actually it was have some rust. But not much and it is surface and not deep. Sure some places was more rusted! Like rear spars. accu bracket(what was so rusted, what I tell my father cut it! Whatever I want to move out accumulator from engine section ). To Arns85GT: in fact behind the fan was much rusted place in my trunk Certainly in total my Fiero is pretty clear from rust, but my father's friend's Fiero was looks more good. At least was(Hope when I end cleaning works with metall, my Fiero will be looks very good)
What about salt on the roads in winter, in most cases Fieros are used like summer car. Where is so much snow sometimes at winter, what I wish have a tank as winter transport. So that why it stay's good.

To ltlfrari&kevin:
It wouldn't leave scratches because car was continued stay on wheels. About bearings I don't worried too, it was stay like this not long, just couple of days.

Thanks all of you for interest! Don't drink much vodka

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-24-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! These little cars are making it all over the world. Welcome to the forum, Daniel.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

WOW!! These little cars are making it all over the world. Welcome to the forum, Daniel.

You would not believe the places I get Fiero calls from at work. They are everywhere.

Note most of them use much better english than the customers from the States.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post couple fotos

Front. Cleaned. Acid primer coated. Ready to paint.

Ready!

Manufacturing trunk ventilator tube mounts. The old was broken. Studs brokage. Also they was rusted Rubber also was maded new.

Result:

Detail cleaning: Before

After

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-26-2009).]

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. It looks like you are doing some good work. Please be careful.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is next fotos of process:

Cleaned and painted break splitter(don't know is it right name)

Here is a rear arch before cleaning:

Cleaned up! And coated acid primer.

Add new paint to the letters

Cleaned door sill (also dont know is it called so, I was told what my english not good!)

Also I was cleaned left door. But I forget to photograph it. So the left side of my car is fully cleaned. Next is need to be painted. And remains to be done right side: door, door sill, front&rear arches. And metall body will be done...

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 12-01-2009).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
So... Looks like you are not interested by my project... Ok, eat this:

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy you are really giving that thing an overhaul.

Jim
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel; Cool work-wish I could get mine done that fast!! O. K. so you know we must see more pics of your last post. Looks like a
targa -type top?!? Likewise, welcome to the forum, and there is a world of knowledge here that I'm learning also.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a Laura

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock