Has anyone ended a lease early? by GT Bastard
Started on: 04-20-2000 03:15 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: GT Bastard on 04-21-2000 06:59 PM
GT Bastard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I know there's probably a hefty charge for this, but do you have an idea what it might cost to end a GM lease early?

thanks!!!!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olympic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olympicSend a Private Message to olympicDirect Link to This Post
It will cost you big and might even ruin your credit rating. Best solution would be to find someone to take over the lease.
Ironhorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IronhorseSend a Private Message to IronhorseDirect Link to This Post
Hey GT Bastard, You didn't get your Fiero on a lease did you? Who would have a 12 to 15 year lease on a fiero.... Please say that you didn't get it on a lease!!!!!
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Nah, the Fiero is paid for. Geez man, I'm never getting a new car again. I should never have been so trusting... It's a long story, but the moral is: CAR SALESMAN ARE SWINDLING BASTARDS!
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2000 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
Check this out on getting out of a lease. He has other consumer answers also. http://www.troubleshooter.com/data/columns/GETTING_OUT_OF_A_CAR_LEASE.html
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Hey GT,
If that Extreme were a v-6 I'd probably go for it. But if it were a v-6 you probably wouldn't be so eager to rid yourself of it.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
First, you need to find out how many payments are left. Then You then need to call the lease company and see what your payout is. This is the price you would pay if you were to buy the car from the lease company plus the rest of your payments. Then see what the vehicle is worth for retail sale. If the total is close to the retail sale or less you can get a loan from a bank and either keep the vehicle or sell it to pay the loan off. If it's a new lease it is not really feasable to get rid of it without penalties unless your state has the 3-day contract clause where you have 3 days to null a contract. The null of a contract is tricky and a huge pain to do but it can be done without hurting your credit rating. The only other way if it's a new lease and the car is always having problems you can complain to the lease company that the vehicle is defective and they will (on rare occasions) cancel the lease and let you return the car to the dealership or offer to replace the vehicle with a new one. If they are a "people" leasing company they will do it but the chances are very very slim.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 04-21-2000).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Why do you want out of your lease? Aren't we talking about that hot rod pick up you just got? Sorry to hear that you're having problems already.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2000 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I can afford it, but it sucks bad... It's totally not worth it. It's kindof a long story, but I was basically lied to about several key factors. I don't know how I could ever prove it though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock