Started on: 04-03-2000 02:11 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Monkeyman on 04-04-2000 10:04 PM
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty bored right now, so I decided that I just felt like posting a picture of me. I'm open to any criticism..

that's me.. that's my room and my mountain bike in the background. My hair is dark red now. and my sideburns/goatee are/is different. yep.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Where are the sideburns and the goat? J/K.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Gutsy move posting a picture in front of a predominantly male audience and asking for impressions!! Here's a couple:

1. People like to be around happy, smiling people so there is a big plus.

2. Would like the picture of you better if you were inside the Fiero.

3. Being 44 years old, people from my generation would NEVER have even thought about wearing earrings. THAT IS NOT MEANT TO BE A CRITICISM. I am quite sure my generation at your age did style things that the generation older than us could never make compute (like the long hair of the 70's). So help out an old guy and walk me through the thought process that makes you want to wear earrings. I AM SAYING THIS IN CAPS AGAIN SO YOU KNOW I AM SERIOUSLY INTERESTED. I AM NOT CRITICIZING.

4. One of the things that makes this forum fun is meeting people of all ages, interests, styles, stages in life, etc.

5. My hair is several colors, too, but it just happened.

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. I am not much on ear rings either. Probably because I see kids in the second grade with them all the time. Cool doo- I used to have two tone hair back in high school- One orange stripe right down the middle (long story, do not go there). Now my hair is two tone again, grey and black. You are a brave man placing your picture here and then asking what people think- I get my feelings hurt too easily to do that.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Doc--I wear a couple of earrings in my left ear so I figured I'd comment. I got my 1st when I was 17. Kind of a rebellious, in crowd sort of thing back then. I got my second earring a couple of years ago. I've toned down quite a bit since I was 17 (32 now) so the only reason I have earrings at this point is...I don't want to say it's for fashion, but I guess it's the same as someone wearing a watch (which I don't-just a pocket watch) or rings on their fingers (none of them either except for my wedding band). I look fairly conservative. I have short hair (WT III can verify this!) and just a mustache (no wild '70 style here, although I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it). I usually wear western/cowboy boots (have for 20 years), jeans and either a T-shirt or a plain button down shirt. Just describing myself so you don't think that I'm a wild man! Why do some folks (yuppies?) wear Izod? Same reason? (BTW-I'm not saying that you're a yuppie or that you wear Izod clothing. Just trying to make a point.) Actually, I think my Izod example is incorrect. I think most Izod people wear that so that they can show the world that they can afford $80 polo shirts. None of this is intended to be a personal hit at you. I don't know you and I'm tired.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
What's to criticize? Looks like your normal "Standard" picture to me! AHA HA ha ha.......uhmmmm.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2000 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
That funny because you look almost exactly like I pictured you would..... I must be psychotic. I mean, psychic!
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman, Thanks for the feedback. I have no problem with facial hair, "unusual" haircuts, "poopy-pants" cut jeans, tattoos, earrings, or other assorted types of individual expression (OK, I'll admit I struggle with tongue rings and ricer mods). It makes the world a much more interesting place.

Just to fill you in, I grew up in a lower-middle class home with 2 brothers and 3 sisters, so no money for izod, country clubs, golf lessons. Started working 50 hours a week at age 16 during the school year for $1.40 an hour in a pizza place. Woo! There's a thread. What was your first job and how much per hour did you get paid?? (No, didn't have to walk 5 miles, uphill, upwind through 2 feet of snow to school barefoot). Anyway, the money went for a car, not for clothes that weren't any better but had a certain designer label.

With that upbringing, even after all these years, I can't bring myself to spend more just for labels. So we shop at Wal-mart, Target, (not K-mart. Have to draw the line somewhere). Sam's, too. I'm on free internet from juno. Hey, the more I save, the more can go to the Fiero!

Anyway, I'm just a regular guy with an irregular job. And now, AN AWESOME CAR--FIERO!!! (Wait, is that considered a designer car????)

Sorry, Standard. Didn't mean to take over the thread. Still curious to hear back on your ideas on the earring.

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the comments!
I'll hopefully have a picture of me inside my Fiero right before I get new tires on the rear. plan on making a smoke show in front of my house.. hehehe. gonna have the camcorder running, too.

I'm used to getting ribbed on by some of my "normal" looking friends, and my dad makes fun of my earrings all the time. I poke fun back. My dad has multi-toned hair, too. and a big gut

Funny thing is, I've had quite a few older women tell me that they really like my hair! Younger women too, for that matter .

Frontal -
You're making me think a lot harder than I expected with #3! I guess I just wanted to stand out. I know earrings are common now, but I have 6 (4 in left, 2 in right) and am thinking about getting 4 more.. also because it's cheaper than other forms of body piercing, and less painful. I'm into the "body modification" thing. I have one tattoo, could post the design if anyone is interested. I would get another one if I had the money. feel free to ask questions! I'm strange and I know it
#5 lol!

Monkey -
I know what you're saying about the Izod thing, except with today's generation it's Abercrombie & Fitch.. no offense to anybody who wears it, but they all look the same! if anybody has heard the song "Perfect People" by Pennywise.. my view exactly.

and I just turned 19 today! woohoo, b/day money! yipee!

[This message has been edited by Standard (edited 04-04-2000).]

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

Standard

4667 posts
Member since Apr 99
Don't worry Frontal!

I'm still working at my first job. 4 years and counting. Mechanic for Bennett's Cycle.. started at $6/hr. fun job!

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Doc--I wasn't implying that you wore Izod or any of the other "name brands". Just trying to make a point. BTW-Do you specialize or are you "just" (no disrespect intended) a GP? I figured brain because of your handle.

Standard--I have 4 tattoos. 2 unicorns, a small eagles head w/ribbon, and a very faded heart with my sons name on it. I plan on getting 3 more. A monkey or gorilla (of course) on my chest, my wifes name w/ a rose on my arm, and a head shot of Jesus superimposed on a cross for a back piece. Now if I could only find a clean parlor.

PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman, even though we don't "know" each other, I feel like I know you through the forum. So I certainly knew you weren't trying to imply anything.

Regarding the work life, I do Internal Medicine in suburban Milwaukee--for 12 years now. Hard to believe. It essentially turns out to be mostly GP work for adults.

I don't specialize in brain work. The handle was in reference to the frontal lobe of the brain being where intelligent thought is originated, and therefore the part my wife suggested I have examined for planning to buy a Fiero and do a v8 conversion when I have never so much as changed the oil on a car. But hey, I'm not going to let minor details like that get in the way! We're men. We can figure it out and do it. And if we can't, we might even just look at the directions!

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
you know.. i didn't even think about this being a predominantly male audience when I put the pic up... rather just a bunch of people that like something I do.. not that I'm saying I don't think of you as guys or something.. hmmm.. i'll stop before I get myself in trouble
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Doc--Any idea how to set the clock on my VCR??

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock