Best Fiero Paint Job? by Westy
Started on: 06-15-2010 12:23 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: jaskispyder on 06-15-2010 01:36 PM
Westy

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Well my GT project is far from being finished, but I've already started contemplating what the final product will look like. I'm turning to the PFF community for ideas and color schemes. Any ideas will be appreciated! Thanks Guys!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The MaD cOw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
Notchie GT or fastback GT?
What rims are on the car?
and what colour is the interior?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Uummm... Grey Primer has always been my favorite.... Seriously, SmoothGT~II will be WHITE base color w/ BLACK offset triple over the top stripes (offset to drivers side). I will also be contiueing the stripe throuhg the interior of it also... BLACK wheels w/ white centers. one day....

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 06-15-2010).]

Westy

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Well the interior is grey, but i plan to customize it to match whatever paint. i do like the triple stripe on white, although i'm not particularly fond of white. Just exploring options. whodeanies DD has really caught my interest with the gunmetal color. the car will be an '88 GT fastback.

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 06-15-2010).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
There is a red show car i have seen i don't think it has ever been on the road ever. It would have one of the best paint jobs as it seemed to be so hard to photograph as everything around it was reflected into the photo. For the best paint job to be photographed your going to need the best photographer otherwise your not going to see the best of a good paint job or see an average paint job looking amazing due to good photography. Even he best photographer won't even show the true color. That all being said i am going to be backyard painting my car this weekend i hope it turns out good test painted the deck lid and it looks great but will cut it back and do it again and use a base color to help the paint go further.
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Westy:

Well the interior is grey, but i plan to customize it to match whatever paint. i do like the triple stripe on white, although i'm not particularly fond of white. Just exploring options. whodeanies DD has really caught my interest with the gunmetal color. the car will be an '88 GT fastback.

On fastbacks.. personally I like deep reds, the right shade of orange is nice, gunmetal, and...ahem yellow
If you were thinking a triple strip... I bet gunmetal with a very slightly lighter colour for the striping would look good.
If you chose a brighter colour, I'd go black striping and black accents (ie. dark rims, window tint, etc.)

------------------

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
randye's orange Fiero:

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Paint color schemes are a purely personal thing. Go with what YOU think looks good.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
pink.. yeah.. pink... that will look great

seriously, you have to live with the color, find something YOU like.

J.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock