Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NTFC Cracker Barrel Car Show - Lewisville TX - July 10th (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
NTFC Cracker Barrel Car Show - Lewisville TX - July 10th by AutoMark
Started on: 06-11-2010 12:40 AM
Replies: 71
Last post by: blakeinspace on 07-15-2010 10:14 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
For the love of all that's holy Mark... stop bumping your own thread and replying to yourself.
Here's a tip.... right hand side of the screen... 'EDIT' button... add to your post as much as you want without looking freaky!
Jeez, We can't take you anywhere.

Just posting what I sent the club in email... without the map & detail info that Mark has put in his first post, and does not need to be repeated over and over and over.

"I remember a time when our little cars would hardly get a second glance. Appreciated by us... but by few others. I remember my early days in the club that activities were so sparse... we had to invent our own... or travel several hours or even out of state to find people like us. I think we have turned a corner... and in a Fiero... corners are VERY fun! (if your alignment is right and your bushings are tight!)

Where was I going with that?... Well I am just saying that with our consistent attendance, nice cars, pleasant club personality... It has garnered enough respect and attention that NTFC is often requested or special accomodations made to get our club participation. Nice.

We've had events with the F-Body club, GTO Club, Lone Star Muscle, clubGP, DAPA, and North Texas Mustangs Club... and some of those faces are starting to become familiar. I think that is a great thing... and due to our quality relationship with NTMC with the AER Car Show... they have invited us to be the Club of Honor at their monthly Cracker Barrel Car Show in Lewisville.

Some representatives from the North Texas Mustang Club came to one of NTFC's regular monthly meetings, and invited us to be the 'Guest Car Club' for one of their 'Cruises' (it is a car show... Mustang owner logic?). As such, we will get priviledged parking, and the plaques will feature a Fiero on them. We voted at that meeting to particpate, and I hope that we can give them a good turnout.

(we participated in this show a few years back, one summer, and we had a NICE turnout of Fiero's. I beleive Steve Reid took 1st place and that JohnF wond a huge gift basket loaded with Cracker Barrel swag!)

-blake"

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 07-03-2010).]

IP: Logged
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

For the love of all that's holy Mark... stop bumping your own thread and replying to yourself.
Here's a tip.... right hand side of the screen... 'EDIT' button... add to your post as much as you want without looking freaky!
Jeez, We can't take you anywhere.

Ok Blake... I fixed post by making it simple, and taking away my replies to "myself". So I wont reply here (in this thread) anymore and see whoever then.

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 07-03-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Wow Mark!...

all that editting is the first funny thing in this thread!

I'm gonna change your rating back to nuetral now!

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July weekend. Looking forward to Saturday.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:
Ok Blake... I fixed post by making it simple, and taking away my replies to "myself". So I wont reply here (in this thread) anymore and see whoever then.

Ok.. i re edited... why?

Wow Mark!...
all that editting is the first funny thing in this thread!
I'm gonna change your rating back to nuetral now!

Because I dont need no sympathy!

And... last but NOT least, AND just for Blake, B U M P ! ! !

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Is there a "rain" date?
Egor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is a little "under the weather" (in fact its downright broke) and won't be able to make it, but I intend to be there.
I've met some of you guys before, and now its time to start attending the club events.
See you there.
Egor.

------------------

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Careful there SKID Mark. You may not need to anger the group so much. You may need help pushing your car to the show.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Is there a "rain" date?

^ X2

Jim
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
All I wanna know is... WHERE IS THE PRE-SHOW MEETING SPOT?! I mean Jesus, it's freaking midnight Tuesday and all I see is Predators/Twilight....

J/K, you know I don't get that upset! However, I am wondering if anybody has times and places yet other than the show. Does anybody have a clue or is everyone still hypnotized by the pretty flashing lights from this past weekend?

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Is there a "rain" date?

Originally posted by Fierosmith:
^ X2
Jim

I talked with one of the NTMC members and they said if rained out... they can reschedule... They have my contact info and said they would call if that happens...

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

All I wanna know is... WHERE IS THE PRE-SHOW MEETING SPOT?! I mean Jesus, it's freaking midnight Tuesday and all I see is Predators/Twilight....

J/K, you know I don't get that upset! However, I am wondering if anybody has times and places yet other than the show. Does anybody have a clue or is everyone still hypnotized by the pretty flashing lights from this past weekend?

Well... If a movies want yall want... There is the Rave Motion Pictures in Hickory Creek. They have the following available,
The A-Team
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG-13) • 1 hr. 57 min.
BUY TICKETS - 1:10pm, 4:20pm, 7:35pm, 10:35pm
seen it
Despicable Me
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG) • 1 hr. 35 min.
BUY TICKETS - 11:15am, 12:15pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 4:15pm, 5:15pm, 7:00pm, 8:00pm, 9:30pm
Despicable Me 3D
Rated (PG) • 1 hr. 35 min.
BUY TICKETS - Noon, 2:30pm, 5:00pm, 7:30pm, 10:00pm
???

Dinosaur Train
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (NR) • 1 hr.
BUY TICKETS - 11:05am
probably not

Grown Ups
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG-13) • 1 hr. 42 min.
BUY TICKETS - 1:55pm, 4:35pm, 7:10pm, 9:45pm
Has my vote.
Iron Man 2
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG-13) • 2 hrs. 5 min.
BUY TICKETS - 10:30pm
seen it
The Karate Kid
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG) • 2 hrs. 20 min.
BUY TICKETS - 1:05pm, 4:25pm, 7:50pm, 11:00pm
seen it, BUT would see again...
Knight and Day
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG-13) • 1 hr. 50 min.
BUY TICKETS - 11:05am, 2:00pm, 4:40pm, 7:25pm, 10:20pm
???
The Last Airbender
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG) • 1 hr. 43 min.
BUY TICKETS - 11:55am, 12:55pm, 2:20pm, 3:20pm, 4:55pm, 5:55pm, 7:40pm, 8:40pm, 10:10pm, 11:10pm
I know Blake wants to see it...
Predators
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (R) • 1 hr. 47 min.
BUY TICKETS - 12:30pm, 3:00pm, 5:30pm, 8:05pm, 10:40pm
I know Blake wants to see it...
Toy Story 3
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (G) • 1 hr. 49 min.
BUY TICKETS - 11:10am, 2:10pm, 4:45pm, 7:20pm, 9:50pm
Toy Story 3 in Disney Digital 3D
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (G) • 1 hr. 49 min.
BUY TICKETS - 12:10pm, 3:10pm, 5:45pm, 8:20pm, 10:50pm
want to see at some point...
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
DLP-Digital Projection
Rated (PG-13) • 2 hrs. 4 min.
BUY TICKETS - 11:00am, 11:45am, 12:45pm, 1:30pm, 2:25pm, 2:55pm, 3:35pm, 4:50pm, 5:20pm, 5:50pm, 7:15pm, 7:45pm, 8:15pm, 9:00pm, 10:15pm, 10:45pm, 11:15pm
H E double hockey sticks NO!!!
So... AGAIN, I'll throw an idear out...
Meet at my house 11:15 or 11:30, Grab lunch, and catch Grown Ups at 1:55, or The Last Airbender at 2:20, or Toy story in at 2:10... Predators would mean we'd have to do lunch after... so, no, That dont work... sorry charlie...
Then...off to show. If any one wants to hang out at my place after... cool
edited to add...
all that come to my place before or after, get a free ticket to my partially complete Fiero museum!

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 07-07-2010).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
i didn't see Predators mention?

PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

i didn't see Predators mention?

I RE edited times and selection... oops, wrong day originally...
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
I may be out on any activities.
1. The A/C went out at my house, everything seems to be working but it's only blowing barely cool air.
2. I might have to work, been doing OT for the last 4 weeks. Hopefully this will be tha last weekend for a while.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 07-08-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I am only interested in Predators. I mean... if you guys want to see something else, NP... just my butt will be in Predators and we'll coordinate after the movie.

AMC Grapevine Mills is 1000, 1125, 1220
Harkins Southlake is 1100
Cinemark Grapevine in 1145

or Mark's theater is fine too...

Mark, which one of those showtimes/theaters is most conducive to Saturday activities?

Tom, sux to be you.
No, but seriously... I would invite you to stay wih me if needed, but Hotels are so cheap now, you just do that.
No, but really... if you guys would like to stay until your AC is fixed, that is cool. We would only charge a little.
No, but honestly... it is hard to sleep while you are hot... so you should have Carla fan you with one of those big pole fans.
No, but genuinely... if you need to stay with us... just show up... mi casa su casa.

edit to add AMC movie times

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 07-09-2010).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
My little Yellow Formula found a new home. Fino wont be painted yet. Doubt I will bring Indy. Overall..... here's the surprise.... Doubt I'll make it.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Tom, sux to be you.
No, but seriously... I would invite you to stay wih me if needed, but Hotels are so cheap now, you just do that.
No, but really... if you guys would like to stay until your AC is fixed, that is cool. We would only charge a little.
No, but honestly... it is hard to sleep while you are hot... so you should have Carla fan you with one of those big pole fans.
No, bu genuinely... if you need to stay with us... just show up... mi casa su casa.

yes it does...more ways than one.
thanks for the offer, since it rain and the weather seems a little cooler i think i sweat this one out.
the A/C people suppose to come out tomorrow afternoon guess i'll hang in there, plus it gets me into
condition when i have to drive my nonworking A/C car to the show on saturday.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
It is going to rain so maybe I will be able to make the rain date when it is posted......Thats right it is going to rain.......Go see Grown Ups..very funny movie....

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
......Thats right it is going to rain......

Really, will it be raining in Austin? We could make that event.
mach1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mach1Send a Private Message to mach1Direct Link to This Post
FYI for everyone:

Well you are certainly welcome! We appreciate you coming to visit with us. We all look forward every month to seeing & visiting with our visiting club. It's always nice to check out other's cars.
That's the whole idea of the show... hanging out with other car enthusiasts! I have checked with our Club President, Phil and our Club Vice President regarding Saturday's show and the possibility of rain. We are definately hoping for no rain, however, in the event that we would need to cancel, we will post a message on our website.
Also you will be able to call our club's hotline for additional updates. 817-595-6900 is the hotline number, and updates should be made by noon. I will also get with you & Mark in the event of a rain out for a rescheduling opportunity.

Thanks!
And again, we are all very excited to see & meet you all Saturday :-)

Tara Gowin
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Really, will it be raining in Austin? We could make that event.

Doesn't matter..Blake ruined out chances of making that event......Thanks BLAKE>>>>>>>
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Ok...
For those who want... Me at my house at 11:30, then, lunch at Roosters Roadhouse in Denton, then, Predators at Cinemark 14 at 2:05 in Denton, then, Cracker Barrel for show....

MAP

http://tiny.cc/899cb

Rooster's,
http://www.roosters-roadhouse.com/
Movie,
http://www.cinemark.com/the...&show_date=7/10/2010
Cracker Barrel,
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/ or,
http://hosted.where2getit.c...5057&searchradius=50

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Doesn't matter..Blake ruined out chances of making that event......Thanks BLAKE>>>>>>>

and... ruining me get n my seats!!!

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 07-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I may make the show if I get back in time from another commitment .
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

2farnorth

3402 posts
Member since Feb 2001
It's been pouring rain here for the last hour and the radar shows storms all the way to Abilene. Doesn't look good for making it today. Radar shows solid rain between here and Lewisville
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
So far only 3 Fieros, guess the rain is keeping people away.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

So far only 3 Fieros, guess the rain is keeping people away.

Yeah, it stopped here at about 5pm but now is starting again
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad I forgot about this and went to Little Rock Friday morning for a motorcycle stunt show(Yo' Face!)

I will put up a video after I get done editing it.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time, got to see Marky's museum way over on the admission fee. ;(
Everyone got an award that was associated with NTFC, even Marky who didn't even have
a car in the show. wtf...
Blake and I competed in the visiting car class, Mark Kirby's son competed in open or modified
sorry I don't remember and Mark Kirby in his Z06 vette forgot the class he competed in also.
But everyone took home a First Place plaque except for me which i took second. if i would
have and should of move my car into either the GM class or 80s-90s (non-mustang) i too
could have been a first place winner but i felt that since NTMC invited us to be the Visting
club i should be that class. plus since i got a smaller plaque for 2nd place, the less of
Mark's car is displayed on the plaque the better.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 07-11-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Some pics from event...

Lunch

Blake and Tommy munchin down,,,

So after eatin... the give you a fortune cookie... Now it was thrown out there to add "in bed" to the end of whatever fortune you got...

Blakes,
"Your simple kidness today will be rewarded multiple times." so... add "in Bed" to end of that...
Mine
"Your hard work is about to pay off." again add it...

Now Tommy's... well first his reaction...

and his... "The best way to get rid of an enemy is to make him a friend." .... in bed...

Movie

And... at my place...

more later when I get my other cam...

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 07-11-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Pics…

Dash plaque

awards

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:
Pics…

from this pic i still had my rear wheel center cap. it must of flew off on the way to The Fuzzy Taco.
10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederDirect Link to This Post
well done at your show! Someday maybe I can get my car to a show, if I ever have time to fix it up. Revin said he would help me again with the harder stuff.

What do I need to do to enter in a car show? wax, and shine the motor, and the wheels??
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Despite the rain earlier in the day... it turned out to be a fine car show. It stopped sprinkling right at 1700, and the show went off without any further input from Mother Nature. Thanks to the NTMC for inviting us and being a gracious host, and featuring the Fiero on their plaques... that was pretty cool.

BBQ was good. Movie was good. Mark's pad was good. Car show was good. Mexican supper was good. The temps were perfect... it turned out to be a great Saturday, I just wish more of our club could have participated. I know that Summer Saturday evenings are few and precious... usually busy with family, vacations, and projects..., and that the weather probably played a big role in our low turnout... but I wish NTFC could have had a larger presence there other than just 3 cars.

Thank you to Tom and Mark K for coming out in cars, Thank you to AutoMark for facilitating the event, and thanks to Debbie, Jim, & Tim for making the drive to hang out, support the show and join us for supper.

the photog for NTMC has some nice car show pics. Mark, I appreciate you posting yours... I know it gets time consuming. Here are some larger pics of the overall event. I look forward to future participation with NTMC!
http://picasaweb.google.com...010?feat=directlink#

I really need to get my nose re-painted!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock