broken quarter window by hksteck84
Started on: 06-07-2010 04:42 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Cajun on 06-07-2010 09:57 PM
hksteck84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post
So I was working on my car yesterday and decided it needed to be cleaned and low and behold I find my passenger side quarter window to have mutiple cracks and a spiderweb at the bottom rear. The window is still held together. Just curious if heat could have done this seeing as I live in the country and no one ever goes near my car without observation. I've also noticed my driver side quarter has a small crack in it to.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Age and stress.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Age and heat causes them to spiderweb. If you are looking for a nice alternative replacement for them, look at www.fierofiberglass.com
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Age and stress.

And it will get worse
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Mine were both cracked when I got the car and this past weekend I carefully removed both so they didn't just fall to pieces. I gorilla glued both in the cracks and sanded and painted (gotta love gorilla glue). The 1st showed the cracks so I have mixed up a little bondo and put on and then going to sand back down. Finish color will be black and then clearcoated. Hope this is a temp fix until I can afford a new set. Will try to put a GT logo on each before I clearcoat.

------------------

Sad to say this is the best looking part of the car so far!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Age and heat causes them to spiderweb. If you are looking for a nice alternative replacement for them, look at www.fierofiberglass.com

I know ive mentioned it before, but i like the open look more then having 'window' back there, now that i did something like that one one of my GT's ( out of metal, but same effect ).

Donno if it helps cooling any or not, but i seem to get far less warm air back into the cabin while driving ( i really gotta get the AC fixed one of these days ) and leaves/snow don't seem to collect as much.
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post
Those sail windows look pretty awesome. Are there any other types of after market quarter windows out there?
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Check ebay, "Fiero". "Modernman" sells an alternative, pretty close to OEM in appearance.

My 2 cents........

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock