mclaren f1 kit car in mexico? by nibotolu
Started on: 05-31-2010 08:56 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Isolde on 06-02-2010 09:15 AM
nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluClick Here to Email nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
this guys are offering different kit cars for the fiero most of them are the usuals 308, countach etc.
but one thing that got my attention is that they are also offering a mclaren f1, so i was wondering if any of you have
ever seen a mclaren kit car?

http://articulo.mercadolibr...-ferrari-mclaren-_JM
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
85K for a kit? Id rather just go and buy a ferrari.
nibotolu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluClick Here to Email nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
mmm yeah but in pesos lol

thats just for the panels not a turn key
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 343
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nibotolu:

mmm yeah but in pesos lol

thats just for the panels not a turn key

True.. but even still. Thats a lot for a kit car. The other thing is no engine that can be conventanly dropped into a fiero for an affordable price can match the power of the McLaren F1. At least with a 355 kit you can make it preform like the real thing.. even still it looks like a great looking kit.

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
True.. but even still. Thats a lot for a kit car. The other thing is no engine that can be conventanly dropped into a fiero for an affordable price can match the power of the McLaren F1. At least with a 355 kit you can make it preform like the real thing.. even still it looks like a great looking kit.

$6500? That's not a lot really. Most real/good kits go for at least that much. The Fiero Fiberglass Lizardo kit goes for $7000 for just the panels. I'd be hesitant to say you can make a Fiero perform like a Ferrari. They are entirely separate beasts. WIth the Northstar and a Spintech muffler, though, you can get pretty close to sounding like a Ferrari. Of course, I've only seen one car that does sound anywhere near a Ferrari. You can put an engine that cranks out 600+ hp in a Fiero if you want. There are even BMW V12 swaps going on, and the McLaren has a BMW V12 (albeit a different type). But between having some fool on the street scuffing up my $2 million dollar McLaren, out of which only a hundred cars were even made, vs. a $20K kit car… I'd choose the latter.
nibotolu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluClick Here to Email nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
i dont think those replicas are expensive, but i havent seen the quality neither
their bussiness its a 10 hour trip from mu city lol.
anyway my question is if anybody know if someone in the U.S. or other country its also making replicas
of the mclaren.
by the way in the same page there is another guy sellin the panels of a countach for 20,000 pesos and by the pics its looks good

some other replicas
http://articulo.mercadolibr...c-fiero-vocho-wv-_JM

f40
http://articulo.mercadolibr...o-tiene-herreria-_JM
notice the gas cap in the wrong side

countach
http://articulo.mercadolibr...tach-spider-urge-_JM

there was another guy making gt40 replicas but i couldn find it
all of the claims that it can be built in a fiero or in a volkswagen sedan(talk about power and sound lol)

and i want this so bad

http://articulo.mercadolibr...pequeno-bastardo-_JM
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Id be leery of them the scam kit company superformance was based in mexico too and they were found out to be a total fraud
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Even if they had the right intentions you send them a 5k deposit they will piss it up and the advertising will disappear along with your deposit.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

That's not so. LS3 with MAST heads, or twin turbo LS4 either one can stomp the McLaren F1. I have a buddy with a single T76 on a junkyard LM7 running high 9s in the 1/4 mile. NO McLaren can do that. The issue isn't the power, it's the cost of the NSX 5-speed transaxle conversion to hold it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock