Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What single Fiero event (of any kind) did you enjoy the most?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What single Fiero event (of any kind) did you enjoy the most? by Cheever3000
Started on: 05-25-2010 09:29 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: whodeanie on 05-26-2010 11:27 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Don't just say Daytona or Dell's, for example... say which one it was. If you don't remember the number or the year, guess.

For me it had to be the 20th anniversary (I couldn't attend the 25th). It was really special.
Second place for me was the first Ruckus at Lake Texoma.

Feel free to explain why you had such a good time, post pics, etc.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Even though I was not at the event, I got to watch it live on webcam. It was the Tyler's Toy event last November. A very emotional and special event for a very special Fiero nut. By far the best Fiero event that I have taken part in, and ever will.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 05-25-2010).]

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Fiero 20th anniversary. I thought it was awesome! 25th would have to be a close second, and I was also to the FOCOA national in Columbus OH which wasn't bad either. The 20th, however, seemed to have the biggest crowd with the more enthusiasts! It was terrific to be a part of!
snowblindburd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
The Tyler Project, followed by the 25th Anniversary =) and Dells Run. All Fiero related events are awesome! I can't wait until the 30th Anniversary event, I may even have my own Fiero by then!

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
my best fiero event was the day i bought my first one...now that was history and the beginning of the end..lol..
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Definitely building Tyler Shipmans car. I don't think anything could ever top that for me.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
25th was neat. It was a super fiero packed month for me. Racing at multiple tracks, multiple shows with 3 different fieros at different times, meeting some people, and some people, ahem, meeting me....

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
The 25th was nice, but I'd have to say that I miss the cruise-nights with the guys from the GTA group. I had a really good time back in those days....

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I enjoyed Watkins Glenn - taking a few laps w/ a bunch of Fieros on a racetrack was FUN! Also was nice hanging out w/ some Fiero people...

Kickhill was nice cuz' I met some nice Fiero Folks, and got to walk though a TON of spare parts.

Watching Tyler's build was pretty awesome. Hope to make it to the 30th Anniversary event...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-25-2010).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I traveled up to North Carolina for Run for the Hills #4. I had a blast, because I got to drive the Fiero on twisty mountain roads. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend a RFTH event since.

I personally prefer events that involve driving (the faster, the better... hehe). Watching cars sit still just seems unnatural.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Without any doubt ...Tylers Toy !!

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

PFF
System Bot
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
my best fiero event was the day i bought my first one...now that was history and the beginning of the end..lol..

how true same with me!!!! i will never be the same
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Ruckus #1 of course. The very 1st Fiero event I ever attended. It was there I realized "Hey, these are some exraordinary people--these Fiero owners! They're almost as crazy as I am, they're friendly, well intentioned, and no one openly has tried to steal my wife."
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Tyler's Toy definitely!
Followed by the Drive Home from Ruckus XIII for many reasons.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
another for the 20th anniv - specificly the Waterford Track Day - which was my very first track day

my Fiero was much improved for the 25th track day - but - never forget the first time
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
25th - specifically the Waterford track day... so much fun!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Tyler's Build. Hands down.

The entire event was a long running string of emotions for me. Going into the build itself when the weekend came along was huge. Driving up there with JohnWPB and DIY-Stu following, it was the longest 4 hour drive of my life, because I could not wait to get there...

Arriving and looking at the car in pieces, ready to get work done to it was huge.

It was a life changer, and I am glad I was able to play a role.
I talk about the car all the time, and I tell everyone who asks me about my car, about the build, and the upcoming car show.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
FOCOA 98 where I drove the Gateway track. Ruckus #1 was the furthest I ever drove to a Fiero event. The Dells have always been a blast,
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Westfest San Diego 2006...
Beautiful weather and lots of Fiero's.
Also, this was the longest drive I have ever
done in a Fiero! (9 hours one way)

Kit
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
The 25th was fun, had a good time but, I'm not much of a "car show" person. I love the Fiero Factory Swap Meet. Good times, great folks and free food. Who could ask for more.

Ron
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
Tyler's build
20th anniversary
25th anniversary
watkin's glen 2010
daytona 2010

my cruises!

in that order...so far...
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
For me I would have to say it was last year at the Dells. the cars where cool but the people where better
I drove up 1100 mi. from Ga. to go and I had so much fun I am doing the same trip this year.

this years Daytona show would have to be a close second.

and the best drive not show hands down would have to be the run for the hills here in the south.

D.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock