Started on: 05-23-2010 09:33 AM
Replies: 37
Last post by: FieroDev on 08-26-2010 02:27 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I figured while I had the time to get this started I would. as most of you know I started my shop here in Ga. I have been doing kit car builds and upgrades on stock Fieros as well but as of late I have also been doing Resto projects on stock Fieros. this is one of them. I got an email from a lady about doing this car for her 15 year old daughter for her 16th birthday. I thought it would be a good project for several reasons. the girl that the car is for is a bit of a car nut and loves the car so I want to make this one that she will keep for years to come.

I am starting this thread for her to follow allong with the build. I will get some pic's of the car at the start posted up this week. I hope all of you will join in and help me welcome in one of our newest Fiero fans as I go allong on this build.
D.

ps. I did not say what the car was it is an 87 Notchie 4 cyl. Auto.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 05-23-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
-grumbles- girls always get the easy way out...girl down my street for her 16th birthday is getting a 87 formula with a 350v8 in it lol can't wait to follow the thread.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I finaly got some pic's of Shorty today
this is what he looks like now. not in bad shape just in need of a bit of TLC.
D.

the inside is in great shape, the drivers seat has wear as well as the headliner but other than that great.

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Do you need engine compartment springs to hold the lid up?

I have a set.

Steve

PM me if interested.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Do you need engine compartment springs to hold the lid up?

I have a set.

Steve

PM me if interested.

it has them on it but they are not set for the wing. all I have to do is re set the pins tighter.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
today I did a little work to shorty.
I took the power washer to him to get the dirt, oil and wasps out of the way so I could work on it. I also replaced the steering wheel with one from a GT that was in better shape and now it has a horn again as well.
we also re adjusted the deck lid springs so the lid will now stay up on it's own.
I took the bad battery out and found that the mount was rusted out as always but I expected it so no big deal.
that is all for shorty for this week.
D.

shorty16

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shorty16Send a Private Message to shorty16Direct Link to This Post
I know he feels a little better now

------------------
Shorty 16

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
What - No Pics of "Clean Shorty"?
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sweet Dean,
its always nice to see the "younger crowd" getting into Fieros, especially when they are in good shape when they get them. Glad you are able to give that car the TLC it deserves and hopefully remains well cared for in years to come.

One day I wish to make it to your shop.

-Joe
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

What - No Pics of "Clean Shorty"?

LOL! I did take the power washer to him but just to knock off the big stuff like wasp nests and oil

more work on Shorty will be posted later this week. so far not to bad, I do have some rust repair to do but not real major. the bat. tray and some under the rear of the car.
I did start him last week and I will need to fix the TB it wants to run at 2500 RPM I think it is just from setting and needs to be run a little.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
yesterday I got a quick pic of shorty when I pulled it outside. I got a new battery installed so it will move under it's own power but the car runs at 2500 rpm.
yes he needs work but it is starting to happen
D.

PFF
System Bot
shorty16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shorty16Send a Private Message to shorty16Direct Link to This Post
How is my Shorty doing this week?

------------------
Shorty 16

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shorty16:

How is my Shorty doing this week?

LOL! he needs parts! he does not like to idle he would rather run at 2500 rpm and he does not like to stop
other than that he is fine. I have a few surprises for you
I will be getting back to him the end of the week and I will post some pics for you then.
D.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Looks like Shorty cleaned up pretty well!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Looks like Shorty cleaned up pretty well!

Not to bad. I had to take the power washer to him. it was infested with yellow jackets and mud wasps
no fun in the shop for a day

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Ok today we played with Shorty for a little to see what he would look like with a few simple mods.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
this week Shorty's owner came by so we could go over a few things and get it going. she loves the mods and now it is time to get all the drive isues fixed. the bigest part will be the cooling tubes that someone crushed and patched with hose, clamps and zip ties
D.
shorty16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shorty16Send a Private Message to shorty16Direct Link to This Post
Got to look at Shorty this weekend and he's coming along. I can't wait to see what the finished product is going to look like. Lauren was so excited when she saw just the few changes that were made and she even picked out a different color for him.

------------------
Shorty 16

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Iron duke and an automatic should keep her out of most trouble, not enough power to frighten an old lady or get a 16 year old into too much trouble. Although my kid (16 at the time ) did manage to spin the same combination out getting on the freeway and tore up the back end but at least he walked away from it, lesson learned and that's why I got him the car.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Iron duke and an automatic should keep her out of most trouble, not enough power to frighten an old lady or get a 16 year old into too much trouble. Although my kid (16 at the time ) did manage to spin the same combination out getting on the freeway and tore up the back end but at least he walked away from it, lesson learned and that's why I got him the car.

I picked up the XTC for my 16 year old mostly due to it having a Duke/Auto - had the same thought - not enough grunt to get him in trouble. After driving it for about 4 months, he blew the motor. In my "infinite" wisdom, I swapped in a 4.9. Now I lay awake at night listening for it's return home. I will say that he treats the car with a lot more respect and drives it easier than when he had the Duke in it.

Whodeanie,

Any hint on what color Shorty will be? He will need a set of wheels to go with the GT/Aero look.

Pat
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevDirect Link to This Post
this is exactly what my parents are doing to me also. i have a duke and they say i cant do my swap until im 17, mainly so i learn to drive the car and respect it, cause crashing it is not that exciting.
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
What's funny is that my kid is now driving my wife's old car (99 Cougar) and the extra power got him a speeding ticket. I guess no amount of talking can beat experience!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I want to say it is nice to see someone restoring the cars.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, All
the new color for shorty will be something allong the line of Honda SI blue
I know it will look great and I am glad she picked it.

I will say this for shorty for a 4 auto it does run well. the bigest thing we need to fix on it are the cooling tubes someone in the past used a lift and crushed them both and then patched in 4 hoses 2 on each side and then ziptied them up
D.
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I want to say it is nice to see someone restoring the cars.

Well I saved my 88, does that count. It had serious upper frame rail and rocker rot. I cut it all out and welded in new metal. Good as gold now. The alternative was to part it out and/or junk it.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Well I saved my 88, does that count. It had serious upper frame rail and rocker rot. I cut it all out and welded in new metal. Good as gold now. The alternative was to part it out and/or junk it.

Very much so

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
This week Shorty got a little love we started to remove the damaged water tubes and do some rust repair at the rear. nothing too bad but we want to fix it while we still can.
I ordered a new IAC as well so it will run the way it should as well as started the tune up.
D.
shorty16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shorty16Send a Private Message to shorty16Direct Link to This Post
i can't wait to see some pictures of shorty since the last time.

------------------
Shorty 16

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Over the last few days we have been doing rust repairs on Shorty so not much to see but today I got the new cooling tubes so we started to get them installed and we all know how fun that is someone in the past crushed them and just spliced hose in 4 places 2 on each side. we ran into a bit of trouble with the rack when we went to remove the mount bolts to get the drivers side cooling tube in 2 of them broke off so now it is time for the drill and tap.
here are some pic's of the tubes.
D.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Is shorty getting fastbacked?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Is shorty getting fastbacked?

No, just an Areo package. we want to keep it a notchie.

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
No, just an Areo package. we want to keep it a notchie.

AWWWWWW..... ehh shes drivin a fiero thats never a bad thing.
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I figured while I had the time to get this started I would. as most of you know I started my shop here in Ga. I have been doing kit car builds and upgrades on stock Fieros as well but as of late I have also been doing Resto projects on stock Fieros. this is one of them. I got an email from a lady about doing this car for her 15 year old daughter for her 16th birthday. I thought it would be a good project for several reasons. the girl that the car is for is a bit of a car nut and loves the car so I want to make this one that she will keep for years to come.

I am starting this thread for her to follow allong with the build. I will get some pic's of the car at the start posted up this week. I hope all of you will join in and help me welcome in one of our newest Fiero fans as I go allong on this build.
D.

ps. I did not say what the car was it is an 87 Notchie 4 cyl. Auto.

If my Mom had done that for me...I would have been the happiest girl alive! I worked all summer and got a crappy 88 Subaru Justy. A 3 cyl, yes 3. I got it to learn how to drive a stick. I hope everything goes smoothly.

[This message has been edited by fierogal123 (edited 07-30-2010).]

shorty16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shorty16Send a Private Message to shorty16Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:

If my Mom had done that for me...I would have been the happiest girl alive! I worked all summer and got a crappy 88 Subaru Justy. A 3 cyl, yes 3. I got it to learn how to drive a stick. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Actually my dad bought it for me and I was going to get rid of it and my daughter said "NO" Grandpa told me I could have it, so that's why it's being restored. He passed away last year so I just wish he could see the final product. I'm sure he would be proud.

------------------
Shorty 16

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I finaly got the tune up parts in for shorty so in the morning we will get that done so he will run like a top.
once that is done we will be working on the brakes and suspension next.
D.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna be watchin this build.

PS... Shorty needs some side scoops.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
we were able to get all the tune up parts for Shorty yesterday and got it all done.
we still have more work to do so once I get to that I will post more.
D.

FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevDirect Link to This Post
updates?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock