Started on: 04-17-2010 02:28 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: qwikgta on 04-18-2010 11:11 PM
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Went to the local U-Pick and found an 84 with T-Top. But the T's are not C&C. I've never seen another set like these. (I'll post pictures later) Who else made them for a Fiero? They want $45 a side but without knowing where to get the missing parts I past on them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post

fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
What parts are missing? Door and roof seals are the hardest thing to find. If these are good, take your time and save them.

Your best bet would be to take every piece of interior trim, all the soft rubber parts, and cut the entire roof off.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Ideal would be to remove the windshield and back window, then cut the A and B pillars so that you get the entire top. Make sure you get the door seals with it as well. Any idea how much they would want for the whole thing? What junk yard is it?
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a few like that. Not very common.
Don't just get the glass, not many can use that type. As said above GET IT ALL ! !
The top seals should go halfway down the door opening, if not take the whole door seal.
Those seals are also different than what most of the rest of us have.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I wonder?????

You are in Michigan, they are similar but not the same as the C&C and the car is a 1984. Could they be a early or prototype top C&C did? I never saw anyone else do them and with C&C right there they could be a first or early set.

I know C&C did the first one on a Early pilot 84. Might want to check the build number in the vin.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I would doubt that these are C&C protos. While there are some simularities in the basic style they just don't look like what I've seen on other 84s.

They are missing almost all trim pieces, the lock assemble are messed up, and the door seals look to be there but I didn't look at them. Since they are not the common style I am not interested for myself (unless they prove to be something rare). If anyone is interested in them I am willing to help you get them. We would need to remove the whole top I am sure in order to not do any more damage.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I was also thinking this may be an early version of C&C because they look so close, no rear trim pieces. but the seals look the same and the exterior of the latch flows back into contour of the body, very interesting despite the poor condition. I hope more photo's of this appear with the panels removed, maybe without the headliner to see the frame. There may be serial stampings in the frame pieces. I would bet a dollar it is early C&C

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 04-17-2010).]

rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post

rourke_87_T-Top

1347 posts
Member since Jan 2009
The rear P seals are against the notchback clip but it all fits together and looks aged enough to be original.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
You have to go get this stuff. Im not sure, but it may be rare. That's money in the bank.

Rob

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock