Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  3800sc Series 2 fuel lines, how did you do them?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

3800sc Series 2 fuel lines, how did you do them? by MulletproofMonk
Started on: 03-26-2010 10:24 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: MountainHiBlue87GT on 03-28-2010 11:41 AM
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
So the question is simple. On your swapped 3800sc Series 2 fuel lines, how did you do them?
I am going to be around the corner from Summit Racing Sunday and would like to pickup some parts that I need to do this...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

Removing the roof panel
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106413.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
On the last few swaps I've done I used the 04 and up fuel rail and built the return system/regulator under the car. I always us the braided hose from summit. Cleans the swap up real nice and you can reverse the fuel rail toward the firewall. I did cut and tweak a series II fuel rail to face toward the firewall. Kind of a pain. Other than those ideas you'll have to drape the fuel line over the blower. Chris
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
If I use the series 3 fuel rail, do I use the series 3 injectors or keep the series 2 injectors?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

Removing the roof panel

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I got a cheap tubing bender and bent the stock 3800 SC2 rail fuel feeds kinda back and to the side, so it'd be facing the stock location. I bought a set of braided GM fuel lines form a guy here on Pennocks, and flared them to mate to the stock fuel filter area, then "quick connected" them to the 3800 fuel rail. I think it looks fairly OEM.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

If I use the series 3 fuel rail, do I use the series 3 injectors or keep the series 2 injectors?

Yeah you can keep the series II injectors that way they plug into your harness. Heres a pic of it on the latest install and one of the last install. IMO the newer rail looks more stream lined and its shinny. The plug wires are just laying there for test fire now there routed under the SC.

Heres one from underneath the car with the yellow engine where I set up the pressure reg. and return line. There is a fancy one thats fuel filter, return line, and regulator all in one but its like $110 and the only place I've seen it was Loyds web site. Summit said they didn't carry anything like that. Jason ordered one for his swap from loyd but I haven't gotten it yet. Chris
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Dimentia, those swaps both look great with that fuel rail. Just wanted to note a couple things. I have had an O2 sensor melt a spark plug wire before, so you may want to adjust the wires on the black blower car. Also, the filter/regulator is from a corvette.

Wix33737

They're actually very cheap
ebay link

They're also around $34 from rock auto...

Other (typically more expensive) part numbers..
GM 10299146
Purolator F55493
GF1822
Hastings GF336
PGF336
GKI GF1822

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 03-27-2010).]

Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks jncomutt + for you. Do you know what the regulator pressure is set at?
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I do not. I also don't know how well this works with turbo/supercharged setups as there is no boost reference to the regulator. People seem to be using them with success, although I like the regulator style you pictured above which allows for the vac line.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Yes the seires III rails look nice but not always an option, for series II rails I get 3/8" and 5/16" lines from Napa with the proper fittings on the to connect back into the Fiero fuel lines. The lines come in up to three foot lengths which will get you to within 10" or so of the fuel rails where rubber high pressure fuel lines can finish it off to allow for engine movement. Dan
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Well, here is what I was thinking... I have a line that goes up to the stock Fiero fuel rail. I also bought some braided quick disconnect lines. I was going to try and hook these together. I've seen people do it... But they use a double compression fitting from Lowes. I didn't think those were that safe, but I was looking for other options too.

------------------
-Brian

Removing the roof panel

Khaos88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Khaos88GTSend a Private Message to Khaos88GTDirect Link to This Post
There is always this option from Fastfieros is an all in one unit. http://www.fastfieros.com/catalog.htm but good luck getting in contact with him.....or expecting your parts in a timely manner, but I will say Lloyde makes great quality parts he's just a very busy guy.

What I did was bought an expensive regulator with two out and one in from summit then bought the fitting to tie it all together and then some fuel rails. Expensive yes, clean and can support around 800hp yes. O yeah don't forget about 255lph fuel pump
PFF
System Bot
MountainHiBlue87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine:

Regards,

David

------------------
Bllue/Grey 1987 Fiero GT - 2006 3800 Series III Drive by Wire

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay