INFORMATION HELP NEEDED - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (Page 2/2)
Fie Ro MAR 02, 06:34 PM
Just found this on FB marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/ma...3d-866f-312e8ca2cd75
La fiera MAR 02, 08:55 PM
That Fiero has a 2.0L turbo Toyota engine. If it was mine the first thing I do is toss that "Toyo" (Toyo= Dominican slang for mess) off to the dumpster!
And knowing is done there, I can imagine how many corners they cut!
sleek fiero MAR 02, 10:04 PM
Come on Rae you are being a little harsh aren't you ? Hahaha sleek
La fiera MAR 03, 09:14 PM

quote
Originally posted by sleek fiero:

Come on Rae you are being a little harsh aren't you ? Hahaha sleek



LOL Its just having fun!
Fie Ro MAR 05, 06:02 AM

quote
Originally posted by La fiera:

That Fiero has a 2.0L turbo Toyota engine. If it was mine the first thing I do is toss that "Toyo" (Toyo= Dominican slang for mess) off to the dumpster!
And knowing is done there, I can imagine how many corners they cut!



Oh yes thats true, cutting corners is the culture! I have been scrolling through thousands of ad's to find a decent used car there. They all are 'nitido' and 'nunca chocada' with only 100k Km's. Then the pictures show worn seats and steeringwheels, misaligned frontpanels, missing airfilters etc. And that is only what is in the pictures. Odometers rolled back. And there are no inspections there.

I had a look at a neighbours car which was overheating, probably a bad headgasket. His "mecanic"s solution was replacing the coolant with engine oil! Obviously still overheating. I had a laugh at this dominican solution and said the guy he was screwed. In the DR if you can hold a brush you're a painter, if you have a hammer you are a carpenter and if you have a wrench you're a mecanic.
La fiera MAR 05, 09:58 PM

quote
Originally posted by Fie Ro:


Oh yes thats true, cutting corners is the culture! I have been scrolling through thousands of ad's to find a decent used car there. They all are 'nitido' and 'nunca chocada' with only 100k Km's. Then the pictures show worn seats and steeringwheels, misaligned frontpanels, missing airfilters etc. And that is only what is in the pictures. Odometers rolled back. And there are no inspections there.

I had a look at a neighbours car which was overheating, probably a bad headgasket. His "mecanic"s solution was replacing the coolant with engine oil! Obviously still overheating. I had a laugh at this dominican solution and said the guy he was screwed. In the DR if you can hold a brush you're a painter, if you have a hammer you are a carpenter and if you have a wrench you're a mecanic.



That's exactly right on the money! Have you heard of stopping coolant leaks by dumping a couple of eggs in the radiator? Or filling the rear end with chicken skin to quiet a howling rear end!

82-T/A [At Work] MAR 26, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys, her video just auto-posted this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNI36wEOPo
Kitskaboodle MAR 26, 03:50 PM
I heard that years ago people would put sawdust in the tranny and rear end to quiet them.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 03-26-2024).]