Pennock's Fiero Forum
  FAQs & HowTos
  [TUTORIAL] How to make your Trunk Carpet to look like brand new again! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
[TUTORIAL] How to make your Trunk Carpet to look like brand new again! by JohnWPB
Started on: 02-20-2010 05:43 PM
Replies: 49 (7912 views)
Last post by: wgpierce on 07-18-2017 08:11 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

On your suggestion, I bought the sprayer from Home Depot. It did not work well for me. It had good pressure when I cracked it open but the stream quickly went limp.

Sounds like you are using a small diameter hose, or a really long one. If it was the water pressure, it would be low even when you just cracked the sprayer on. Glad you got another sprayer to work though.

IP: Logged
dcarrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for really tough stains Ive used the Wearever brand brakleen sprayed on a rag and it lifts everything. I have a friend that rents linens for banquets and thats what they use to get stains out of the tablecloths.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I rescued my tortured and heavily stained carpet from the scrap heap!

This is how bad it was:

I used my spot-bot with resolve cleaner to work on the stained spot. This is about the best I could get it.

Then, I sprayed almost an entire bottle of resolve on the whole carpet. I scrubbed the resolve into the carpet with a brush, then used a pressure washer with the jet set to a narrow fan pattern. I washed the resolve out using a sweeping motion from the center, outward. After a while there was no more white foam.

Unfortunately, the bad oil stain hadn't been effected much since the initial treatment. It kept a brown color. But, I found something that worked very very well:
Carb cleaner.
Sprayed some on, scrubbed it in, and blotted it out with a paper towel, (wearing gloves!) This cleaned the last bit of the stain out. Final result?

I'm still in disbelief that it cleaned up so well.
Dr.CGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dr.CGTSend a Private Message to Dr.CGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad for the Dirty Diaper you started with
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Fierobsessed: Wow, that is a night and day difference! I added the bit about the carburetor cleaner you used to get the last stain out to the first post in this thread.
Mar21457

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mar21457Send a Private Message to Mar21457Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did this and I used a mild muriatic acid mix, 4 to 1 , that Is 4 water 1 acid, it removed any and all rust stains, and Dawn liquid soap, it looks like brand new and don't forget to use the brush and rinse well, my trunk liner was terrible and I can't believe how good it looks.
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John.

Thanks for posting this thread. I literally just had to clean my trunk carpet as well after reading this tutorial. I used different cleaners but the end results were comparable to yours. I used "spray nine" and applied that directly to the heaviest stains. I then used a medium stiffness brush and scrubbed the stains. This worked very well for my carpet. After that, I immediately used a spot and stain remover by Bissell. After scrubbing that on the entire carpet, I then hosed it all off with the garden hose.
Here are the results. And yes, this is the same carpet. I'm not sure why the colours look different though.

Before:

After:

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tat looks great! The color difference is probably due to the lighting. It is unlikely that any chemicals could change the carpet color, as it is just thin plastic fibers, and hard to discolor.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Friendly bump to keep from the archives, as well as I just did my carpet again, as lots of dirt and grease found its way into the carpet during the engine swap.
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought FAQ's and How To's don't ever get moved to the archives?

Great thread, thank you

[This message has been edited by wgpierce (edited 07-18-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay