Pennock's Fiero Forum
  FAQs & HowTos
  Removing a V-6 Engine - By The Numbers (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Removing a V-6 Engine - By The Numbers by Toddster
Started on: 01-01-2008 07:31 PM
Replies: 211 (31345 views)
Last post by: Toddster on 11-11-2020 05:20 PM
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2017 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Fantastic Step-by-Step!

I always fear that photo's will be lost with broken links and such. I just submitted this thread to the WayBack Machine. It saved the thread, and it will be available, pictures and all forever, should something ever happen to this thread
Link to the saved thread

Thanks, you were so right on saving this one. I used it a few years ago to remove a V^ from a Fiero I bought just to dis-assemble. I came bace to look at the instructions again only to find all th epic replaced by ads. I was about to post to see if anyone had downloaded this I came to the end to see when th elast time Toodster had posted here then I find that you had performed what was needed with all the how-to's. Thanks again
IP: Logged
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ads? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. OK, when I get a spare minute I will edit the article and replace the images. I think I still have them all.
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, I'm glad you will be adding the pics again. I need this to refer to when I drop mine.

Thank you Thank you !
T4Turtle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T4TurtleSend a Private Message to T4TurtleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Out the bottom on mine and jacking up with a 2x6 across the tunnel of the car. Used my motorcycle lift rated at 1500lbs and made a crate out of more 2x6 boards and secured to lifting arms of hoist with wood screws.
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Ads? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. OK, when I get a spare minute I will edit the article and replace the images. I think I still have them all.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Troy Eckhardt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Troy EckhardtSend a Private Message to Troy EckhardtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Toddster. One more hoping you get to the images. Sorry.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2018 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll likely be doing this within a year as well.
Dragonfish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2018 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonfishSend a Private Message to DragonfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this is okay, I had trouble seeing all the pictures even on the Internet Archive version so I recreated it all in a PDF with the original pics and hosted it on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/fi...oKM/view?usp=sharing
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2019 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome job Dragonfish. I've been trying to edit the post with new pics linked to my Google drive but it does not work for some weird reason. I'll keep at it
ZaraSpOOk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaraSpOOkSend a Private Message to ZaraSpOOkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I am about to drop the cradle again, after doing it about 7 years ago with the help of your document, I was wondering if I should get the latest document, have there been updates?
I still have the paper copies of the PDF, and also the PDF themselves back from around 2013.
I think when I did it before it was spot on except for one spot that was easily figured out, it may have been due to a running change or model year difference, mine is a 1988 Formula.
OK, I went to the site above and downloaded that doc, although I've only skimmed thru it, looks the same as the one I have.

[This message has been edited by ZaraSpOOk (edited 10-14-2020).]

eti engineer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eti engineerSend a Private Message to eti engineerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Toddster,

I want to thank you a million for your step-by-step procedures to remove my v-6. They were perfect. I don't think I would have done it so easily without them. Now, any suggestions as to what I should do to get some more horsies out out the engine? I need to keep it so it will pass smog in CA, so I can't go too wild. I am looking at a mild build on the existing engine, or going to a 3.4 or whatever. Any recommendations would be appreciated...
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always liked a good 3.1 build. With porting and polishing you can get 160hp out of them and you can put in electronic ignition with coil packs for more reliability. You also have most of the parts you need, you will need a 981 crank and new psitons and a good rebuild kit but you get to keep the stock engine and make it more fun. If you bore it .3o over you will get 3.2 liters and plenty of gusto.

Originally posted by eti engineer:

Toddster,

I want to thank you a million for your step-by-step procedures to remove my v-6. They were perfect. I don't think I would have done it so easily without them. Now, any suggestions as to what I should do to get some more horsies out out the engine? I need to keep it so it will pass smog in CA, so I can't go too wild. I am looking at a mild build on the existing engine, or going to a 3.4 or whatever. Any recommendations would be appreciated...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock