Fiero Heater Core Replacement by RWDPLZ
Started on: 12-12-2011 12:48 AM
Replies: 48 (10335 views)
Last post by: PKFieroGT on 12-04-2021 01:05 PM
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being kinda new to the Fiero world, I did not want to attempt this repair myself. Other vehicles that I have done this on were a huge pain in the ***. After reading this write-up, I thought I would give it a try. Finished the job within an hour. Thanks for the great how-to
IP: Logged
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled mine in about 20 min. Waiting for the new one to finish the job.
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great write up. I just finished this in about an hour from first screw removal to the topping off of coolant. This thread helped make that possible, because I knew what to expect going in. Its the simplest heater core job I have ever done.

Jim
Gerard7AA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gerard7AASend a Private Message to Gerard7AAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replaced my heater core last night.
88 A/C..
I replaced it with the a "Spectra" aluminum heater core from "Autozone"//
I didn't remove the speaker.
Upon installing the aftermarket unit I had to remove the original tension bracket that is screwed onto the cover heater core cover..
Heater core cover wouldn't seal with bracket in place.
Other than that it was quite a simple R-R..
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting ready to do this swap out. PO bypassed the original core. The two houses have been tied together by a plastic sleeve. Which of those hoses go to the top side (heater in) of the core, and which is the return side?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rice.1:

Which of those hoses go to the top side (heater in) of the core, and which is the return side?

The hoses are two different sizes, as are the inlet/outlet pipes on the heater core. Match 'em up.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed the pictures waynrayn posted on the first page are not showing up any more. Here they are uploaded to PIP:

Under dash, showing a non-AC heater core box. Note the blue clips on the vent cable.

Aftermarket AC system installed in a non-AC Fiero

Aftermarket AC system with the panel opened to remove the heater core

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 07-28-2015).]

V8 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2019 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 FormulaSend a Private Message to V8 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the writeup RWDPLZ, this will really help. Last time I had to do one was back in '91... it's time again!
PKFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2021 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKFieroGTSend a Private Message to PKFieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for reposting those pics RWDPLZ !!!!

I'm in the process of replacing my Heater Core as well, and was stumped as to why none of the other pics looked like my Heater core cover! Saved me a LOT of frustration!!!

Cheers,!!!
PK

------------------
PK
I should join a club and beat you over the head with it!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock