Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Trump Protestors Storm Capitol; Armed Standoff at House Floor (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Trump Protestors Storm Capitol; Armed Standoff at House Floor by theBDub
Started on: 01-06-2021 03:59 PM
Replies: 206 (2921 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 01-09-2021 01:37 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
You are speaking from the perspective of white privilege, and you have absolutely zero understanding of the trials and tribulations that people of color have faced. I speak from the perspective of white privilege as well, but I have personally seen the damage caused by the devaluation of black and brown people, have lost people I loved that happened to be black to police violence. I can not fully see things from the perspective of people of color, but I have lived in the shadow of their struggles in my life.

I do not condone the riots that happened with BLM, but to negate the entire movement by summarizing it as "they burned down their fellow citizens businesses", you are lumping all of them together in direct contradiction to the way you are separating yesterday's rioters from yesterday's protestors. It is hypocrisy, Jason. You are better than that.

I said I think that is likely what the Jan 6 protestors wont do.

We can all pretend we know eachother well enough here to make these assumptions. Stangers do it everyday, falsely. But I won't. We can follow the trails of bread crumbs the media leads us down, the spoon fed news, ending in everyone dividing from eachother, and classifying eachother based on gender, race, skin color, nationality, income, etc. Deeming people worthy of "cancelling". Its just as "racist" as what you are trying to fight against.
You must not have watched the 2 or 3 videos I shared months ago with you, or read the many posts about these topics over the years here, or I would think you would not be asking these questions and making these assumptions. If you don't want my opinion, asking here now isnt making alot of sense.
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And when the leaders don't listen because they don't see a problem?

That would also seem to be a problem the leadership of Portland had in 2020.
If is, what it is.

Rams
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Today, people on Pennock's Fiero Forum, the same people who earlier this year decried the Black Lives Matter movement as having no legitimate cause and are just a bunch of rioters/looters/hooligans, are justifying the actions of seditionists and traitors who attacked the halls of our democracy at the urging of the POTUS with the statement that "People are tired of being pushed down/around". I'd call them out on their hypocrisy, but it would fall on deaf ears...

I think it's also important to note that you, I and everyone else are lumped in with who we hang with. Just as you have condemned those that support Trump as racist, those in this most recent "protest" have been lumped in with rioters. The actual number of people who trespassed and destroyed was no where near a majority of the crowd. The one thing I can not overlook is the Portland "Protests" went on for a significant time. There was rioting, theft, violence and just plain stupid destruction during most of that. Those that were on lookers and cheering on the riot are just as guilty. This is also applicable to the recent Trump Support Protest but, the numbers in support of the riot appear to be very different.

So, in many ways, BLM is earning it's own reputation, just as the Trumpers are in your world.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-07-2021).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'm curious about is whether or not you saw the news, reported by multiple sources, video on the streets, etc of the "violence" in Portland and where it originated from?

In most cases, things didn't get violent until the non-identified "troops" or "police" or whatever showed up. The violence was instigated by them in those cases, and there is a ton of video evidence and first-hand accounts to support it.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, you are saying some mysterious outside force or entity forced the Potland prrotestors to turn into rioters, destroy property, physically battle with law enforcement, and generally turn (virtually overnight) into 'bad eggs'?

Good luck finding any rational human being that will buy in to that crap.

People do violence because they choose to be violent.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-07-2021).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I'm curious about is whether or not you saw the news, reported by multiple sources, video on the streets, etc of the "violence" in Portland and where it originated from?

In most cases, things didn't get violent until the non-identified "troops" or "police" or whatever showed up. The violence was instigated by them in those cases, and there is a ton of video evidence and first-hand accounts to support it.

I watched a good deal of video and coverage.

The destruction of other people's property went on long before the 'non-identified' whatevers arrived.

Why do you think law enforcement was called in?
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep. Personal attacks directly against a user... Where's the probation?

Where is your probation for calling Trump supporters domestic terrorists?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Where is your probation for calling Trump supporters domestic terrorists?

I said "Terrorist Sympathizer". If you're going to make an attempt to call me out on something, at least have the decency to be accurate.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 01-07-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In most cases?

As a law enforcement advocate, in most cases is honestly a load of crap. Don’t care whether it’s BLM or the Trumpers, the law should be enforced equally. If you take an honest and unbiased look, you know that is true.

That doesn’t make this a perfect world but equal enforcement would be a good start. Don’t care who you are, your political affiliation, your sex or color. The law applies equally to everyone and should be enforced that way..

Rams

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Oops

Rams

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

In most cases?

As a law enforcement advocate, in most cases is honestly a load of crap. Don’t care whether it’s BLM or the Trumpers, the law should be enforced equally. If you take an honest a d unbiased look, you know that is true.

That doesn’t make this a perfect world but equal enforcement would be a good start. Don’t care who you are, your political affiliation, your sex or color. The law applies equally to everyone and should be enforced that way..

Rams

I'm glad you see things that way. Don't you agree that it would have been nice if the law had been applied as equally to the people storming the capitol yesterday as it was to the BLM people in Lafayette Square when they were violently assaulted with tear gas so Trump could go hold a bible upside down for a photo op?

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 01-07-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I said "Terrorist Sympathizer". If you're going to make an attempt to call me out on something, at least have the decency to be accurate.

A distinction without a difference. You want to call mommy on someone calling you names? Then expect to get it in return.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

A distinction without a difference. You want to call mommy on someone calling you names? Then expect to get it in return.

I dunno. Let's ask Cliff...

Hey Cliff, if a person directly attacks a user on here by calling them a name like drama queen, isn't that a violation of the rules?

Similarly, if a statement that says "If you continue to support someone who incites violence and is the direct root cause of a terrorist act, then that in turn makes you a terrorist sympathizer" were made, does that count as a direct attack against a user?

Nope. I don't see the similarities.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you continue to support someone who incites violence and is the direct root cause of a terrorist act etc etc

1. I've asked this elsewhere and have seen others ask but no one has ever provided the exact words that they say are the incitement or direct cause.
You have them?

2. Correlation does not equal causation.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

1. I've asked this elsewhere and have seen others ask but no one has ever provided the exact words that they say are the incitement or direct cause.
You have them?

2. Correlation does not equal causation.

1: "If you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore", spoken by Trump at his rally yesterday morning. Repeated statements and intimations that his followers should take action. He also said: “We will never give up; we will never concede,” Trump said to thunderous applause. “We will stop the steal. We’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol…We’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones…the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.” before encouraging his supporters to march on the Capitol. Less than two hours later, the **** hit the fan.

2. I don't see that. It's no different than people who said "Hitler did nothing wrong" after all the **** hit the fan there as well... No, I don't believe Trump and Hitler are the same. I'm simply using Hitler as an example in this because there ARE people out there who believe Hitler and his followers didn't do anything wrong.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad you see things that way. Don't you agree that it would have been nice if the law had been applied as equally to the people storming the capitol yesterday as it was to the BLM people in Lafayette Square when they were violently assaulted with tear gas so Trump could go hold a bible upside down for a photo op?

Not necessarily, I wasn't there, not able to access the threat. (I also don't always believe the mass media which has proven to be very biased.)

I have to assume that LEOs present determined the threat and used appropriate response to that threat. I doubt you'll agree based on all your other comments but, I believe that to be true. Do bad decisions and judgements get made? Damn sure they do but, everyone needs to remember that those LEOs who are putting themselves on the line to protect and serve also want to go home at the end of their shift. In the DC Protest, the Capitol Police were unprepared for what happened, they should have been. That is definitely a leadership issue, bad decision, they had intel advising them of different groups who were planning on attending. They should have been prepared. Just as with the BLM protesting, not all of the DC protestors were rioting.

Rams

gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you search around for some on the ground reporting instead of just listening to opinions you would find there was quite a bit of tear gas used as well as flash bangs, batons, and physical force, as well as a gunshot. There is video from numerous sources posted on the interwebz.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtjoe:
If you search around for some on the ground reporting instead of just listening to opinions you would find there was quite a bit of tear gas used as well as flash bangs, batons, and physical force, as well as a gunshot. There is video from numerous sources posted on the interwebz.

I am quite aware of the fact that tear gas was used, as well as someone died from a gunshot wound to the chest. The on the ground reporting, videos, etc show it was nowhere near the scale of force that was used against BLM protestors.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1: "If you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore", spoken by Trump at his rally yesterday morning. Repeated statements and intimations that his followers should take action. He also said: “We will never give up; we will never concede,” Trump said to thunderous applause. “We will stop the steal. We’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol…We’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones…the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.” before encouraging his supporters to march on the Capitol. Less than two hours later, the **** hit the fan.

So, you don't actually have a source where he told anyone to go invade govt buildings?
All you have is that he implored the right to continue to 'fight back like hell'?
https://www.politico.com/st...on-trump-feud-648028

Originally posted by Synthesis:2. I don't see that. It's no different than people who said "Hitler did nothing wrong" after all the **** hit the fan there as well... No, I don't believe Trump and Hitler are the same. I'm simply using Hitler as an example in this because there ARE people out there who believe Hitler and his followers didn't do anything wrong.

And yet you were just unable to NOT use the comparison.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little less than four years ago, we were discussing another protest by a smaller group of Trump supporters. Sometimes it helps to review where we have been, in order to see where we have gone.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/120507.html

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am quite aware of the fact that tear gas was used, as well as someone died from a gunshot wound to the chest. The on the ground reporting, videos, etc show it was nowhere near the scale of force that was used against BLM protestors.

This comment got me to thinking.

Obviously, the Capitol Police were not prepared for what occurred. Why I can't say, except for some terrible planning and threat analysis. But, Synthesis wants to compare other Protests/Riots against the Police actions during the Trump Support Rally. As I recall, in every confrontation of 2020, Law Enforcement has been on the defensive attempting to maintain some symbolism of order and were still attacked for over doing/over reaching in their enforcement. As I said before, LEOs all want to go home at the end of their shifts, they also would like to return to their jobs/employment the next shift.

Based on the above quoted statement, it would seem satisfaction would only be achieved if more shots were fired, blood spilled, heads cracked and ambulances summoned. I would suggest that Synthesis go ride along with a LEO for a few weeks to actually see how tough their job is.

Edited: Thinking about this even more, I believe if one considers the history of the different groups involved, I don't know of any Trump rallies that turned into Riots prior to this. That can't be said of other 2020 events. That doesn't excuse the obvious poor planning of the Capitol Police leadership. There was intel telling of outside groups planning on attending according to information provided from the "Dark Web".

Never figured out exactly what the "Dark Web" is or how to get there but as I've stated previously, I'm pretty much a "Law and Order" advocate. Defunding the Police would never happen if I had the authority to make that call.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-08-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://rumble.com/vcijqh-t...ed-like-in-2017.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-08-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perspective, it's all about perspective. My side sets fires, destroys property, that's OK, your side does it and it's not.
Thanks for reminding us.
I distinctly remember Rep. Maxine Waters getting folks all excited about protesting in the past.

Rams

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The White woman, Ashley Babbit, was shot by yet another Black man holding a government policing position. White privilege means White people didn't go steal sneakers. She got no march and no protest. But Jacob Blake, who had a restraining order demanding he not go where he was found went after a knife while resisting arrest, prompting police to stop his violent behavior and many a store was looted in his honor. The cross race assault, murder rate against Whites is insanely high. 500,000 assaults, murders, etc., in one year against Whites. Whites committed only 23,000 on Blacks. The cross race sexual rape of Whites is incredible. There is almost no White rape crossing race.

White privilege means you followed the rules. You bought into the system. You pulled your weight. You have a work ethic and paid your taxes just like the people before you who built this nation. It means your grandparents were born dirt poor, many in an old shack on rented land, born at home in trade for some chickens to the doctor. White privilege means they grew up without shoes, walked to school TO GET AN EDUCATION TO LEARN TO SPEAK, WRITE AND ASSIMILATE so they can build a life instead of never advancing. White privilege means they WENT TO WORK as soon as they could and PAID TAXES FOR THE COUNTRY, PAID taxes. They joined OR WERE DRAFTED TO FIGHT WARS across the globe to put their country in a global position of relevance. They served in the military of their country to get food and clothing and THEY PROVIDED FOR THEIR OWN FAMILY. THEY RAISED THEIR OWN CHILDREN. With their labor they paid for the construction of this country. The founders of this country did the same thing and they were the same group of people. They offered other races the opportunity to through lottery come here legally and to build something for themselves. And those other races that came here did that. They do that still. Black Indians from India and Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc., etc..

Now White privilege means after working to build this into what it is they watch the hordes who destroy their own nations come here to flood ours to bilk it of weath. They storm the Southern US border and steal their( our) jobs and possessions that they (we) sacrificed to build up through generations. They, the invaders, paid no toll to improve this nation but take their (our Grandparents) White grand children's acceptance to colleges and job positions because of skin color and White privilege means White people have to pay for these people's food, housing, healthcare, children, utilities, etc., etc..

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-08-2021).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So is your argument that Trumpers are no better than Antifa? Just want to be clear on that.

BTW, Antifa was declared a terrorist organization the other day. Just thought you should know.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Originally posted by sourmash:

The White woman, Ashley Babbit, was shot by yet another Black man holding a government policing position. White privilege means White people didn't go steal sneakers. She got no march and no protest. But Jacob Blake, who had a restraining order demanding he not go where he was found went after a knife while resisting arrest, prompting police to stop his violent behavior and many a store was looted in his honor. The cross race assault, murder rate against Whites is insanely high. 500,000 assaults, murders, etc., in one year against Whites. Whites committed only 23,000 on Blacks. The cross race sexual rape of Whites is incredible. There is almost no White rape crossing race.

White privilege means you followed the rules. You bought into the system. You pulled your weight. You have a work ethic and paid your taxes just like the people before you who built this nation. It means your grandparents were born dirt poor, many in an old shack on rented land, born at home in trade for some chickens to the doctor. White privilege means they grew up without shoes, walked to school TO GET AN EDUCATION TO LEARN TO SPEAK, WRITE AND ASSIMILATE so they can build a life instead of never advancing. White privilege means they WENT TO WORK as soon as they could and PAID TAXES FOR THE COUNTRY, PAID taxes. They joined OR WERE DRAFTED TO FIGHT WARS across the globe to put their country in a global position of relevance. They served in the military of their country to get food and clothing and THEY PROVIDED FOR THEIR OWN FAMILY. THEY RAISED THEIR OWN CHILDREN. With their labor they paid for the construction of this country. The founders of this country did the same thing and they were the same group of people. They offered other races the opportunity to through lottery come here legally and to build something for themselves. And those other races that came here did that. They do that still. Black Indians from India and Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc., etc..

Now White privilege means after working to build this into what it is they watch the hordes who destroy their own nations come here to flood ours to bilk it of weath. They storm the Southern US border and steal their( our) jobs and possessions that they (we) sacrificed to build up through generations. They, the invaders, paid no toll to improve this nation but take their (our Grandparents) White grand children's acceptance to colleges and job positions because of skin color and White privilege means White people have to pay for these people's food, housing, healthcare, children, utilities, etc., etc..

Are you arguing that this woman, who stormed the capitol in a violent riot, attempted to gain access to a secured area with guns pointed at her, is somehow the victim in this?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

So is your argument that Trumpers are no better than Antifa? Just want to be clear on that.

"My" argument? Those aren't my words. They are the words of MSM. You should ask them what their argument is and has been for over a year now.

You are welcome to spin it any way you wish tho.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truth is so shrouded now, people so blind, sometimes it seems talking this way is in vain.

melancholy

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-08-2021).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Blue Chip rioter"

The CEO of Illinois-based software and data analytics firm Cogensia was arrested during Wednesday's DC Capitol Building "Open House" event.

Brad Rukstales of Inverness, IL, a suburb of Chicago, was arrested by Capitol Police after following others who had breached the Capitol Building's entrances and going inside for what could be described as a "self-guided tour." Although the news reports are sketchy--I'm guessing that he was released almost immediately upon his own recognizance--I have the impression that curiosity about what was going on inside the Capitol Building was as much of a factor in his decision to go inside, as any tangible impact he may have imagined for himself upon the elections-related deliberations of the 116th (117th? 116.5th?) U.S. Congress.

Rukstales, who is described as having been a generous but not "mega-sized" campaign contributor to Trump and the general Republican cause, is the CEO of Cogensia.

A Twitter message from Cogensia's corporate account says that Rukstales current status with the firm is "leave of absence."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-08-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He definitely wasn't thinking cogently.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:
Are you arguing that this woman, who stormed the capitol in a violent riot, attempted to gain access to a secured area with guns pointed at her, is somehow the victim in this?

I'm ashamed that with all the people that are here, not one had the decency to loot a Foot Locker to honor her murder.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another campaign promise kept!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Well I suppose it will all be worth it then, since so many think a weekly paycheck, a gallon of paint, a cold beer or a packet of squash seed is worth several thousand Covid deaths/day, then I guess I can begrudgingly get on board with not one but 2 walls built & paid off for only 1 human life each..

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Well hell, if that's all it was gonna take, this should have happened long ago.
Hopefully minus the casualities.

Rams

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

This comment got me to thinking.

Obviously, the Capitol Police were not prepared for what occurred. Why I can't say, except for some terrible planning and threat analysis. But, Synthesis wants to compare other Protests/Riots against the Police actions during the Trump Support Rally. As I recall, in every confrontation of 2020, Law Enforcement has been on the defensive attempting to maintain some symbolism of order and were still attacked for over doing/over reaching in their enforcement. As I said before, LEOs all want to go home at the end of their shifts, they also would like to return to their jobs/employment the next shift.

Based on the above quoted statement, it would seem satisfaction would only be achieved if more shots were fired, blood spilled, heads cracked and ambulances summoned. I would suggest that Synthesis go ride along with a LEO for a few weeks to actually see how tough their job is.

Edited: Thinking about this even more, I believe if one considers the history of the different groups involved, I don't know of any Trump rallies that turned into Riots prior to this. That can't be said of other 2020 events. That doesn't excuse the obvious poor planning of the Capitol Police leadership. There was intel telling of outside groups planning on attending according to information provided from the "Dark Web".

Never figured out exactly what the "Dark Web" is or how to get there but as I've stated previously, I'm pretty much a "Law and Order" advocate. Defunding the Police would never happen if I had the authority to make that call.

Rams

The problem with "law" is that that it is made by a self-serving ruling class for their own benifit, and because they want power and control (and usually money). THATS the entire reason 1776 happened (people were sick and tired of them), THATS the reason 1812 happened and the reason every war in history happened.

THATS the reason constitutions right back to the Magna Carta were invented. NOT as an outline on how to run a country (region, state, province, whatever) but as a means for "We the People" to restrain and protect ourselves from other humans seeking that power.

The "The Law" and "The Government" and "Order" decides to go all Logan's Run and execute everyone over 50 for the greater good of the economy and country (or whatever other excuse the elites dream up), are you going to happily obey because its "the law" and jump into the grinder ? Or are you going to say "**** you, **** your law. I am a free man" and revolt.

I know what I'm going to do...and am doing with this bullshit police state crap.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-08-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock