Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Need recommendations for a fun(ish) and practical daily driver (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need recommendations for a fun(ish) and practical daily driver by nitroheadz28
Started on: 10-14-2013 01:19 PM
Replies: 175 (2864 views)
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 10-24-2013 09:14 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people Brenan, can mentor, some cannot.
IP: Logged
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, I gave you a negative for "being an a**."
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Some people Brenan, can mentor, some cannot.

That is true, and I have been guilty of being a bad tutor myself at times.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I gave you a neg a long, long time ago. And I told you when I did it and why I did it.

Oh wait, I'm just young, dumb, and full of myself. Take back what I said, I don't have the guts to tell you when I neg you.

All you ever manage to do is stroke your own ego. Hours worked, miles on your car, laws broken, then owning up to it (because you're so brave). There is a guy working as an Operations Supervisor here at my work. I wanted to order some work done on a couple wells, and asked him for his advice. No school, this guy has worked up from the bottom and is way more knowledgeable about this field than I am. We talked, and when he was asking about looking at certain graphs, I said "No, honestly I've never seen those before. How do I read those and how do I use the information?"
He taught me how to do it. I respect the guy. We ordered the work done together and will make a great team.

If I asked you the same question, you'd undoubtedly respond:
"What, you don't know how to do this? You're the engineer, not me. I have more years under my belt than you've been alive. I had to figure it out myself, why can't you? Or are you too dumb to do that? What a good job engineering school did for you. More education than brain, come back to me when you really have some experience."

There is a difference. There is a reason you haven't been treated with respect by younger people, and why you think they're all just full of themselves and unwilling to listen. It's because they don't want to listen to you. You're the problem. That didn't take an engineering degree to figure out either, Steve, but yeah, I have one. And with that education, and the training by the experienced guys at work, I'm going to do a pretty damn good job out here. A better job than you've ever done in your life. So enjoy your pride while it lasts, because even though I may never pass some of the guys out here that have worked this field their whole lives and are smarter than me, when you finally realize that you weren't that hard to supersede, you're going to be one sad puppy.

Deuces.

You know I have you rated as a positive, always have, you are willing to listen to experience, I rarely rate anyone with a negative unless they insult or degrade a handicap. one of my pet peeves, like it or not its just the way I am. you or anyone makes fun of special Olympic gets one as well. Those people have a hard enough time in life without people who have all their faculties looking down on them or degrading them, they try as hard as they can at everything they do.

this guy thinks its fun to do that.

I would never say,"You have the degree you figure it out" To anyone who asks me for my opinion of something I have knowledge of, except him. have I not given people advise on welding who have argued with me in other threads. I don't think everyone knows everything and those who think they do, like this guy really get under my nerves. he Owns a TA and doesn't trust it to be dependable yet he has done all the work on it. that to me shows he is not very good at what his degree is, how about you. he has a degree in mechanical engineering and can't depend on his own car. I brag about vehicles with hundreds of thousands of mills on them still being dependable enough to take cross country, no brag just facts, if you take care of any vehicle it is as dependable as it can be brand new. sure some have inherent built in problems from the factory because of faulty engineering but if you fix that they can be dependable. TAs don't have any that I know of engineering faults from the factory, maintained right there is no reason they won't last and be dependable for several hundred thousand miles. unless of course you drive the living crap out of them every day and don't maintain them.

he doesn't even trust his own work on his own car and has said so. what does that tell you about how good he is.

Steve
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does it tell me?
It tells me, that he's smart enough to realize he doesn't know everything.

I doctor my own cows. Sometimes I call the vet ahead of time for advice, more often than not tho, I consult with them after the fact for confirmation. Sometimes I did it right--sometimes not.
Re-read TheBDub's post.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You know I have you rated as a positive, always have, you are willing to listen to experience, I rarely rate anyone with a negative unless they insult or degrade a handicap. one of my pet peeves, like it or not its just the way I am. you or anyone makes fun of special Olympic gets one as well. Those people have a hard enough time in life without people who have all their faculties looking down on them or degrading them, they try as hard as they can at everything they do.

this guy thinks its fun to do that.

I would never say,"You have the degree you figure it out" To anyone who asks me for my opinion of something I have knowledge of, except him. have I not given people advise on welding who have argued with me in other threads. I don't think everyone knows everything and those who think they do, like this guy really get under my nerves. he Owns a TA and doesn't trust it to be dependable yet he has done all the work on it. that to me shows he is not very good at what his degree is, how about you. he has a degree in mechanical engineering and can't depend on his own car. I brag about vehicles with hundreds of thousands of mills on them still being dependable enough to take cross country, no brag just facts, if you take care of any vehicle it is as dependable as it can be brand new. sure some have inherent built in problems from the factory because of faulty engineering but if you fix that they can be dependable. TAs don't have any that I know of engineering faults from the factory, maintained right there is no reason they won't last and be dependable for several hundred thousand miles. unless of course you drive the living crap out of them every day and don't maintain them.

he doesn't even trust his own work on his own car and has said so. what does that tell you about how good he is.

Steve

I understand what you're saying with handicapped people. But, I don't believe he actually made fun of anyone for a mental handicap, so your point is moot. If you can quote where he did maybe I'll think differently, but until that happens, how good he is in his work doesn't matter to me. All that matters is that you started a useless and needless fight and I believe you should apologize.

I would like to remind you that I have no idea when you figured out that I did respect experience, but I'd tried telling you that for the better part of the past year and you've told me multiple times that I was a little kid who had my head up my ass. So I can't respond too politely to your sudden regard for me, though I do appreciate that you've acknowledged that. Perhaps you will eventually see a different side to nitroheadz here as well since you talked to me very similarly, if a little less dramatic, less than a year ago.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

Originally posted by maryjane:

What does it tell me?
It tells me, that he's smart enough to realize he doesn't know everything.

I doctor my own cows. Sometimes I call the vet ahead of time for advice, more often than not tho, I consult with them after the fact for confirmation. Sometimes I did it right--sometimes not.
Re-read TheBDub's post.

I believe that Steve has, finally, acknowledged that I don't have my stick up my ass. However, considering he still believes all young people, especially those with engineering degrees, are worthless... it doesn't change most of what I've said.

I think he did read my post correctly this time, though. Thanks for the compliment, Don. It's always something coming from you.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

So how long is this gonna go on? I can't have a single thread in OT without this clown hounding me? And the rest of you are just going to turn a blind eye?

Exactly what do you think the forum at large can do? It's not like any one person (aside from the forum owner Cliff) has moderator powers. The most anyone can do is re-evaluate whatever they have him rated as and if they so choose, change that rating. Or are you expecting everyone to chime in and tell him to lay off? Other then that, someone could report the thread to Cliff, which will most likely result in it being locked like your last one. If Cliff so chooses, he could then put you and/or Steve on "prohbation" and possibly tell you 2 to stop posting in each others threads like he did with Nick and WD88 (which eventually lead tot hem both ending up banned). Even if some changed their ratings, with as many ratings as he has, unless he racked up a fair number of negs in a short time it wouldn't result in banning. Yes, Cliff changed a few things recently so your number of positives aren't fully insulating like they used to be, but it still would take many new negs or changes of heart to swap to a neg before he'd get banned. Personally, if I don't like someone on the forum, I just avoid posting to them. I wish Steve would do that but sometimes people are just irrational about some things. Anyways, hopefully this "drama" will get resolved somehow. These kinds of pissing contests are pointless.

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

These kinds of pissing contests are pointless.

How do you win one of these? Is it distance, volume, perhaps height? Height does not sound like a good choice, but would be a very entertaining competition.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The litmus test in such things as a pizzin contest is Penmanship heybjorn--penmanship. And don't forget to indent the paragraphs and dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s without drizzlin it all over the place. Date at the top and sign yore full name at the bottom.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to step in. A little late but by now I guess you know my policy that as long as nobody is complaining (to me), I won't do anything - even though I want to really badly. All because "the forum is what you make of it, not what I want it to be"â„¢.

I would like to remind Steve that you can get banned by the members, even though you have enough green in your bar that it would take an obscene amount of negatives to offset that. See that little arrow on top of your ratings bar? I've explained the workings of that here. In short, people can "nudge" their rating. For instance, simply rate you negative again even though they have already rated you negative. That will refresh the rating so to speak and move the triangle to the left (a positive will move it to the right). If that triangle hits the left side, the system bans you. I implemented that so that people can no longer hide behind their green bar.

Second, as you may know, I don't respond well to people "stalking" each other in threads. I remember two others ex-members doing that. "Ex" because they chose to disregard my warnings to stop doing that.

And I'm afraid I'll have to issue such a warning again.

So nitroheadz28 and 84fiero123: Do not post in each other's threads anymore. Failure to do so is cause for an immediate ban. I'll make an exception for threads in the Trash Can. And if you want to duke it out in PM, that's fine with me too (since PM has an Ignore function so you could ignore each other's PMs if you so choose).

Also, don't abuse the fact the other is no longer allowed to post in your threads by provoking him (in your threads). Don't mention each other by name, don't even mention each other in general terms. So no "I'm glad a certain old fart douche can no longer post here". I will regard that as provocation and ban you.

You are of course both allowed to participate in someone else's thread. Heck, you can even interact with each other. But keep it civilized. Go at each other in someone else's thread and I will have no reservation banning you both.

That said, I will now dump this thread in the Trash Can, since by now that's where it belongs and because it gives you a pass to both keep posting in this thread.

Mind you, I don't follow threads in the Trash Can. So if you have any questions, please send me a PM. I will not respond in this thread.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and in the meantime an engineering job essentially fell into my lap at random. Needless to say that I start in 2 weeks and the commute is 80 miles daily...

You did get it? Congrats!

I'd recommend an Impreza, WRX if you can get one cheap enough. I loved the 2001 2 door RS. Also liked the 2004-2005 body style, but I don't think those are quite that cheap yet?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

You did get it? Congrats!

I'd recommend an Impreza, WRX if you can get one cheap enough. I loved the 2001 2 door RS. Also liked the 2004-2005 body style, but I don't think those are quite that cheap yet?

Yeah, I pmed you about it last week when it happened . I formally accepted their offer earlier this week and start on the 28th. I like that body style, in fact I like all of them up until the facelift in 06. I wish I could afford a mid 2000's Legacy, I really like them and I heard one with an exhaust that made it sound nothing like the typical WRX/ STi. It had a nice and rich/ deep tone

Thank you for stepping in Cliff, I didn't PM you cause I didn't want to annoy you with this BS but I'm glad you came across the thread.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I pmed you about it last week when it happened . I formally accepted their offer earlier this week and start on the 28th. I like that body style, in fact I like all of them up until the facelift in 06. I wish I could afford a mid 2000's Legacy, I really like them and I heard one with an exhaust that made it sound nothing like the typical WRX/ STi. It had a nice and rich/ deep tone

Thank you for stepping in Cliff, I didn't PM you cause I didn't want to annoy you with this BS but I'm glad you came across the thread.

I never even thought of looking at Legacys when I was looking for a new car last summer, and now I really wish I would have. It seems so much more "grown-up" than my WRX, but I think the 2.5 GT would be pretty nice to drive, especially with the 5-speed. It would have to be the 05+ body style of course. Like this: http://minneapolis.craigsli.../cto/4110759891.html
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep exactly, every ken block wanna be mountain dew loving douche has a wrx/sti. Dont get me wrong I like those cars, but like you said the Legacy is more "grown up" and I like the stying/ powertrain combo for sure.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I never even thought of looking at Legacys when I was looking for a new car last summer, and now I really wish I would have. It seems so much more "grown-up" than my WRX, but I think the 2.5 GT would be pretty nice to drive, especially with the 5-speed. It would have to be the 05+ body style of course. Like this: http://minneapolis.craigsli.../cto/4110759891.html

My friend has a 05 Legacy 2.5 GT, its a nice car. His is Silver with Black Leather and Woodgrain. Its fast and comfortable. If Chrysler buys back my 13 RAM, I will probably be buying a 08 Forester Sport XT.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see this thread didn't die when it as trashed.

If you are lookinh at Subies, try and find one with the 3.5 flat 6.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

This one: http://poconos.craigslist.org/cto/4130711840.html

The old body style wagon Legacy doesn't do it for me. That white one however, wow!! I'm gonna give him a ring, I wonder what the mileage/ problem is though for that price
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've driven the Legacy and the Impreza, and I still prefer the Impreza. The Legacy has a slightly nicer interior, but it also feels a lot heavier.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Back on topic,

Maybe a Miata would be good for you. Its fun, reliable and can be fast. If you find something close to me, I can take a look at it for you. Miatas seem pretty cheap around here

By the way, sorry this got lost among the confusion. I really appreciate the offer, this is just one reason why I love pff. The same thing goes for you if you ever need anything up here.
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I've driven the Legacy and the Impreza, and I still prefer the Impreza. The Legacy has a slightly nicer interior, but it also feels a lot heavier.

I looked up the specs and the Impreza is between 5-100lbs lighter depending on the differences in options, close enough

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

This one: http://poconos.craigslist.org/cto/4130711840.html

Its been sold
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By the way, sorry this got lost among the confusion. I really appreciate the offer, this is just one reason why I love pff. The same thing goes for you if you ever need anything up here.

Anytime. I appreciate it!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your budget & desire for economical 'all costs considered' commuting limits you to 'dull & dependable', a Pontiac Vibe will give you Toyota dependability with some support for American engineering & manufacturing. Maybe favourable insurance as well.

The Chevrolet Cruze is popular across all age groups - again with international success & American production.
Might be a little pricey yet.

'Popular' cars tend to be cheaper to keep. Niche cars like Saabs are nice until maintenance costs ruin the fun. Look up some typical repair items on some of the auto parts sites to compare prices. Brakes, alternators, fuel pumps etc. It can be eye opening.

Practicality might lead you to find that the daily commute is better in a 'cookie cutter car' with your TA providing the evenings & weekends fun. I alternate between an '84 SE & '86 coupe for daily work runs (only 14 miles round trip). I have an '88 Formula for non-routine trips that keeps the Formula 'special' (besides the fact it has less than 15,000 miles on it).
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that the shitstorm seems to be done, I'll offer an opinion.
I can't comment on any of the others, but Miatas are a complete riot to drive.
Really decent ones can be had, around here, for $5K or less.
Just make sure to have the timing belt replaced at ~100K. (It's not supposed to be an interference engine, but being stranded still sucks.)

The truth of the matter is that a Miata is much easier to drive hard than a Fiero. It's much more "sure footed".
Our '97 1.8 (all Miatas, 94 and later, are 1.8, except maybe the newest ones?) felt pretty much as quick as my 3.4 '88 coupe that I used to own, and was much more... precise.
They are available with hardtops, or a hardtop can be purchased separately for about a grand (kinda spendy, but that's the reality.) The hardtop vastly improves the security, if you park in "not so nice" areas.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-17-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
David- So far I'm not at dull and dependable yet, so no Vibe . Yep the Cruze is definitely too recent, and I already DDed a Cobalt which I found to be entirely lifeless along with being uncomfortable. You have a good point there between the niche and mainstream vehicles, I need to look into replacement part costs for sure.

Raydar- Yes thats what I've been hearing for years, and I've been wanting to jump into one since I let go of my Fiero. I haven't so much as sat in one either, despite being on the sportier side they definitely seem practical and easy to keep going. I appreciate the NB styling the most, which are in my price range. The thing that sucks is that there aren't many nice NB's for sale around here at the moment. At least now I have some more time to consider my options so I can wait for a nice example.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think its laughable that a convicted felon is going above and beyond with his self righteousness to attack an upstanding member of society who lives in an area that makes owning a vehicle a virtual impossibility before reaching the cutoff age of 25.

Now that's laughable right there. everyone has to go threw that under 25 insurance BS, what makes you so much better that you shouldn't have to? I had to pay those huge rates at your age just like everyone else did and everyone else will.

And just for the record you got it wrong, yet again, I am not a convicted felon so I am still allowed to own a gun and vote, something you may not be able to do for very much longer the way your going, so just keep posting your videos of your law braking and running off at the mouth about things you think you know that you really have no clue about. This is what I am talking about when I say some college educated kids think because they have that degree they know it all.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that's laughable right there. everyone has to go threw that under 25 insurance BS, what makes you so much better that you shouldn't have to? I had to pay those huge rates at your age just like everyone else did and everyone else will.
And just for the record you got it wrong, yet again, I am not a convicted felon so I am still allowed to own a gun and vote, something you may not be able to do for very much longer the way your going, so just keep posting your videos of your law braking and running off at the mouth about things you think you know that you really have no clue about. This is what I am talking about when I say some college educated kids think because they have that degree they know it all.
Steve

Let it go Steve.
Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve

You might not be a convicted felon, but you sir are an annoying, self important piece of crap. You seem to have issues with anyone who is not suffering and struggling to get by. Just because you are a miserable, uneducated, illiterate moron does not mean that everyone has to be. I find the younger fellows on the forum to be fine young men. Most are trying to better themselves by getting an education and are looking forward to joining the workforce, some already have.
Get off the backs of these kids and worry about your own miserable existence. These kids do not owe you a thing, it is none of your business how they paid for their educations or how they spend their money or how their parents spend money on them.

As you can see I have been here longer than you have. ( you seem to enjoy pointing that out to others) and have a very few posts. It took a lot to make me post in this trashcan thread but even I've had enough of your bullcrap. Now jump on me and leave these kids alone.

------------------
cropped.JPG

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nitroheadz28

4774 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by Nazareth:

You might not be a convicted felon, but you sir are an annoying, self important piece of crap. You seem to have issues with anyone who is not suffering and struggling to get by. Just because you are a miserable, uneducated, illiterate moron does not mean that everyone has to be. I find the younger fellows on the forum to be fine young men. Most are trying to better themselves by getting an education and are looking forward to joining the workforce, some already have.
Get off the backs of these kids and worry about your own miserable existence. These kids do not owe you a thing, it is none of your business how they paid for their educations or how they spend their money or how their parents spend money on them.

As you can see I have been here longer than you have. ( you seem to enjoy pointing that out to others) and have a very few posts. It took a lot to make me post in this trashcan thread but even I've had enough of your bullcrap. Now jump on me and leave these kids alone.

Well said! I'd like to remind everyone that if you are also tired of Steve's sh*t, please feel free to refresh your ratings to neutral and back to negative so his ticker will slide farther to the left. About 5 more and he's gone. I am absolutely not a vengeful or vindictive person like him, but enough is enough.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well said! I'd like to remind everyone that if you are also tired of Steve's sh*t, please feel free to refresh your ratings to neutral and back to negative so his ticker will slide farther to the left. About 5 more and he's gone. I am absolutely not a vengeful or vindictive person like him, but enough is enough.

No you are a young man who thinks he knows everything, yet can't even decide on a car for himself or make a car he already owns dependable, even though he has a Degree in mechanical Engineering for a lot less than what it would cost him for another vehicle That he will no doubt have to put even more money into and wine about that.. and drives a car every day without proper insurance.

Steve
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No you are a young man who thinks he knows everything, yet can't even decide on a car for himself or make a car he already owns dependable, even though he has a Degree in mechanical Engineering for a lot less than what it would cost him for another vehicle That he will no doubt have to put even more money into and wine about that.. and drives a car every day without proper insurance.

Steve

Cool story brah. You take my self confidence as arrogance and it annoys you that as a good student my schooling was 100% paid for, it absolutely tears you apart that I'm succeeding not only in my engineering field- but working on business ventures of my own so I can live my life comfortably and not sit on a forum whining about how horrible society and certain groups of people are these days. I bet you must also love the fact that I worked since a young age involved in various types of manual labor and saved all that money so I can go through my schooling comfortably and enjoy my car hobby as I see fit. I know it must delight you that my 205k mile muscle car that was driven hard and put away wet when I bought it has struggled with dependability, of course bypassing the fact that it has GM's worst engineered distributor design that fails whenever it see's fit. But of course according to you it has no flaws. Oh and thats of course not realizing the fact that someone ran me off the road into a hydrant, drove off, and the body shop caused over $1000 in damage that I had to go through with my car in pieces.. You also have some stupid idea in your head that mechanical engineering has anything to do with working on cars, regardless of that I'm sorry that I do all of my work on a city street dependent on weather and other factors you'd encounter in NYC. I'm also sorry that I can't remove the engine on my street and rebuild it too . Because I had so much fun swapping my transmission already in the street. Oh and of course my work must be so terrible that I've put over 1000 miles on it in the last 5 weeks road tripping around the tri-state area, I must be such a dumbass for playing it safe and not trusting an 18 year old vehicle to get me to and from work 80 miles a day.. What an idiot

Oh and I didn't know that making some noise in a tunnel was illegal now, I must've been going 100mph in that video! And you caught my license plate number too right? God forbid, cause my plate is posted all over the forum with all the "illegal" shenanigans I take part in . Speaking of that, want to give me some tips on stealing cars? I'd like to learn from the best and pick up a new hobby- I've been so bored with my life lately.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 10-18-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nitroheadz28

4774 posts
Member since Mar 2010
*In before at your age I built an apartment building with my bare hands while having 10 cars in the garage all during helping the nuns out by welding up 20 Jesus statues on my lunch breaks and I DIDN'T NEED NO STINKIN' COLLEGE*

Of course when he writes it, it will be written with the grammar, spelling, and thought capacity of an elementary school child- but you get the point

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 10-18-2013).]

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you physically and mentally handicapped dude? let it go...all this hate directed to someone who just doesn't care.

Steve

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

firstfiero

4879 posts
Member since Dec 2000
definitely plus one on the miata..Dead reliable. Easy to work on and parts are cheap. Great on gas. I loved mine and wish I would have kept it as a weekend car

Originally posted by Raydar:

Now that the shitstorm seems to be done, I'll offer an opinion.
I can't comment on any of the others, but Miatas are a complete riot to drive.
Really decent ones can be had, around here, for $5K or less.
Just make sure to have the timing belt replaced at ~100K. (It's not supposed to be an interference engine, but being stranded still sucks.)

The truth of the matter is that a Miata is much easier to drive hard than a Fiero. It's much more "sure footed".
Our '97 1.8 (all Miatas, 94 and later, are 1.8, except maybe the newest ones?) felt pretty much as quick as my 3.4 '88 coupe that I used to own, and was much more... precise.
They are available with hardtops, or a hardtop can be purchased separately for about a grand (kinda spendy, but that's the reality.) The hardtop vastly improves the security, if you park in "not so nice" areas.

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a couple cheap 5 speed Miatas close to me.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4072272665.html

This is one is kind of far from me.
http://washingtondc.craigsl.../cto/4122923426.html

If you want to spend the extra money, this one is a little monster.
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4126184578.html
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Found a couple cheap 5 speed Miatas close to me.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4072272665.html

This is one is kind of far from me.
http://washingtondc.craigsl.../cto/4122923426.html

If you want to spend the extra money, this one is a little monster.
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4126184578.html

Those are definitely on the older side, ideally I'm looking for 99+ and not a ton of miles. Also preferably more stock examples, I'm done repairing other people's mistakes with modded cars- at least for a daily for sure.

Thank you for taking a look for me
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if you start another thread in t o/t, does this mean it will be about cars?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock