Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Need recommendations for a fun(ish) and practical daily driver (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need recommendations for a fun(ish) and practical daily driver by nitroheadz28
Started on: 10-14-2013 01:19 PM
Replies: 175 (2870 views)
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 10-24-2013 09:14 PM
V8 Vega

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honda's and Toyota's are generally considered the most reliable, they cost more used because their built better and are popular. There's a reason their popular. I'm old and all my life if it wasn't at least 350 cubic inches it was a pile of junk only worthy of my scorn. Now I'm a Honda fan. Si Honda's are the performance models and a stick shift is essential The are free revving, rev high and are fun to drive.
IP: Logged
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm talking about the original SHO with the Yamaha 6cyl, not the 2nd gen with the Jag V8, btw.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I'm talking about the original SHO with the Yamaha 6cyl, not the 2nd gen with the Jag V8, btw.

I want one!

The GTi would be a fun little hatch. I had a 86 and it was one of my favorite vehicles I've owned. Looking back the vehicles I've owned that I liked the most are the VW, Saturn SL, Mazda Protege5 and the Pontiac Bonneville. I had a 82 TA that was fun also but... I don't know. It always felt "redneck" to me. One vehicle I've been wanting but haven't had the opportunity to buy one in decent condition is a VW Corrado. I want one sooo bad. I'd also like a 1st or 2nd gen Eclipse, preferably 2nd. A 2nd gen Ford Probe might be nice also considering it was based off the Mazda 626 platform. So many cars, so many cars... To many I'd like to own. Heck I'd still like to get my hands on a 92-95 Honda Civic Coupe. Oh or a Mazda MX3 with the V6. Ugh! To many options out there for a funish practical daily driver!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

http://newyork.craigslist.o.../cto/4128975978.html

I'd prefer a sedan, but this falls into what I'm looking for.

Gokart- most of that is just too old. The only way I'd commute in a Fiero is if it was a 3800 swap with the bugs worked out, 5 grand can get me that but its slim pickins around here

http://newjersey.craigslist.../cto/4115537757.html

Found a 9-2X for a little cheaper, miles are on the high side and stupid subs. But for under $3500 it wouldnt be bad.

Both of these links look like winners to me. But more the bugeye, even if I am biased. The Saab might be alright, especially knocking off the $500 sound system, but the mileage and general wear and tear turn me off.

That non-turbo hatchback is a pretty good deal for that price. The work (t-belt) that's been done already is nice to know as well.

If I were in your price range, I'd be looking for a little bit older of a Subaru, more like this: http://racine.craigslist.org/cto/4103836732.html
You can find strong running rusty ones for much cheaper I'd imagine. If they need a little work, it's not like parts are hard to find, just hope it isn't and expensive sensor or something.

edit: just because it's somewhat relevant...

This is a car that puts a smile on my face when I look at it, and when I'm behind the wheel. What more could you ask for?

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 10-15-2013).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I highly recommend the Miata.
It may be a small car, but it has a surprising amount of cargo space. And who doesn't love a race ready corner carver for under $5k??
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish PFF had a like button. In before the trashcan.

Jim
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just want something thats not extremely boring and lifeless, its a hard to find combo for sure.

Perhaps a small P/U. A Ford Ranger, Chevy S-10, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier. Many have extended cabs. Very useful, not boring, nor lifeless. In fact, it can open up a whole new life ... camping, off roading and chicks do dig trucks.

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:
Anyways, Tom, you should start to look further south for wheels. The market for what you're looking for is a bit more relaxed in a lot of areas.

, The further south the better.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-15-2013).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MIATA! Plus since it's been labeled a chic car there's a good chance you can find one that hasn't been thrashed. Not only are they economical they handle really good. I've followed one on a curvy road in my Fiero and could barely keep up. I've had one behind me on a curvy road too and I couldn't shake it. Perfect for a commuter. You don't need a four seater to commute unless you're carpooling.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://newjersey.craigslist.../cto/4115537757.html

Found a 9-2X for a little cheaper, miles are on the high side and stupid subs. But for under $3500 it wouldnt be bad.

That'll keep the party bumpin'
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another thing I need to consider is that the cheapest insurance rate I can find is $2000/ year . The T/A is registered/ insured in my bro's name since he's older= much cheaper, but I need a new vehicle in a weeks time and theres no way he can take off work to go to the dmv and register something new for me. I hate New York

I *could* buy myself a bike to commute on, insurance is $250 for the year, and I can take the MSF next tues/ weds and be licensed. Theres a decent 08 Ninja 250 for just over 2k I can putt putt around on and save gas (or some ex500s/ a gs500e). I'd just have to invest in gear asap, its just a little fast to jump into for me considering I need another vehicle in a week, then I could take my time learning until I'm comfortable or until the trans am eventually breaks down at some point lol. I was planning on buying a bike for next spring anyway, bah.

Well this is poop...

Impreza wagon $229/ month
Cavalier $232/ month
9-3 $159/ month
Ion Redline $256/ month

Cheapest I could find for all those with the big boy insurance companies. Grrrr

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 10-15-2013).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The T/A is registered/ insured in my bro's name since he's older= much cheaper ...

Are you even listed as a driver? If you ever have a claim you may discover that your insurance is invalid ... which means you have no coverage whatsoever ... since you provided false information to the insurer (i.e. that you listed your brother, not you, as the primary driver). Yes, they can do that, and they will if the claim is big enough ... and you can even be sued for fraud. No matter how much you save, it's not worth it.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 10-15-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Are you even listed as a driver? If you ever have a claim you may discover that your insurance is invalid ... which means you have no coverage whatsoever ... since you provided false information to the insurer (i.e. that you listed your brother, not you, as the primary driver). Yes, they can do that, and they will if the claim is big enough ... and you can even be sued for fraud. No matter how much you save, it's not worth it.

I'm aware. Nope, and nope again. I had an accident in the Fiero (same situation) along with a medical claim when I got t-boned. I plan on putting myself in as a driver on the policy next year so I can at least be insured, then when I apply for insurance on a car thats 100% mine the rate should be lower.

Well I spoke with my father and he said he'll register whatever junk I buy under his name, so thats nice at least. He wants me to get an MKIV GTI, they're cool but on the pricy side. I've done a solid amount of research on 9-3s, I'm starting to dig them more and more.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are you even listed as a driver on that policy? I also would like an answer to that question by Marvin.

because if you aren't that is insurance fraud. you are not insured unless you are listed as the primary driver. seems you like to do things that are not quite legal. so if you have an accident, and the way you drive that's going to happen sooner rather than later from the video you posted at the beginning of this thread.

Do you even have a motorcycle license?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-15-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

I'm aware. Nope, and nope again. I had an accident in the Fiero (same situation) along with a medical claim when I got t-boned. I plan on putting myself in as a driver on the policy next year so I can at least be insured, then when I apply for insurance on a car thats 100% mine the rate should be lower.

Well I spoke with my father and he said he'll register whatever junk I buy under his name, so thats nice at least. He wants me to get an MKIV GTI, they're cool but on the pricy side. I've done a solid amount of research on 9-3s, I'm starting to dig them more and more.

You really are an Ass Hole. You just admitted to insurance fraud, thank you.

And I quoted it so there is no way you can say you didn't or that you can delete it so you can get away with what you did, nice you arrogance just lost you a lot. And your dad, no wonder he beat you, you are well I already said what you are. and you are dumber than a bag of hammers like everyone else your age you posts crap on the net.

Steve

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I spoke with my father and he said he'll register whatever junk I buy under his name ...

That works for insurance purposes only if you're living in the same household. Ownership of the car is not important; the identity of the primary driver is.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You really are an Ass Hole. You just admitted to insurance fraud, thank you.

And I quoted it so there is no way you can say you didn't or that you can delete it so you can get away with what you did, nice you arrogance just lost you a lot. And your dad, no wonder he beat you, you are well I already said what you are. and you are dumber than a bag of hammers like everyone else your age you posts crap on the net.

Steve

Glad to see you're still brightening everyone's day Steve!
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That works for insurance purposes only if you're living in the same household. Ownership of the car is not important; the identity of the primary driver is.

Your question was answered, lets please get back on topic so we can let Steve jerk off in his corner.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 10-16-2013).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I *could* buy myself a bike to commute on, insurance is $250 for the year, and I can take the MSF next tues/ weds and be licensed.

Do you even have a motorcycle license?
Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 10-15-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Glad to see you're still brightening everyone's day Steve!

He is costing you and I and anyone else who has insurance more because of his fraudulent insurance claims, do you like that?

Do you like the fact that he got his education at our expense and he is still dumber than a bag of hammers?

I was waiting for his stupidity to rear its ugly head and it did, from his own mouth, all that education and he is still screwing everyone over just because he feels entitled and you think I am the bad guy, WTF is wrong with this, in case you didn't get it, everything/

Steve

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Your question was answered, lets please get back on topic so we can let Steve jerk off in his corner. Honestly I'm kind of surprised at maryjane/ t-bone/ Cliff for letting his behavior go on in my threads as long as it has been, this is harassment.. My last thread got locked on account of this jackass, and now I have to deal with his sh*t again?

Cmon Pennock's, get your sh*t together.

At least I have insurance, you don't. braking a forum rule is not like braking the law, something you like to do obviously everyday you drive without insurance.

Steve

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
There you happy I am following proper forum rules and not posting my signature ever time I post, but you are still driving without insurance. And the only thing I am jerking is your life that is by your own posts going right down the tubes, Stupid is as stupid does.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually flattered, I've never had someone obsessed with me to this extent. Sure there was that one crazy ex gf, but this is taking it to a whole new level
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm actually flattered, I've never had someone obsessed with me to this extent. Sure there was that one crazy ex gf, but this is taking it to a whole new level

Tell that to the insurance adjusters and cops when they come knocking at your dads door.

Steve
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell that to the insurance adjusters and cops when they come knocking at your dads door.

Steve

Maybe it will turn out better than when you reported him to the ADA and Special Olympics...
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and you are dumber than a bag of hammers like everyone else your age you posts crap on the net.

Steve

Steve, go smoke a bowl or some **** . Then kindly STFU.

Sincerely,
-a guy that age
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:
Maybe it will turn out better than when you reported him to the ADA and Special Olympics...

Better to just call the NYPD, more satisfaction, do you really think his driving without insurance is a good thing? because that is just what he is doing,

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:
Steve, go smoke a bowl or some **** . Then kindly STFU.

Sincerely,
-a guy that age

Better than him driving uninsured now isn't it, and anyone who Neged me I think you just might want to rethink that, I am drawing out someone who is costing all of us who are legally insured's rates. he is braking laws, not me. we are all paying higher rates because of people like him.

Steve

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

LOL

I would like to remind the forum idiot that cyberstalking/ cyberharassment is a crime.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL

I would like to remind the forum idiot that cyberstalking/ cyberharassment is a crime.

So is insurance fraud.

Steve
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I guess this is a Mexican standoff then
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Better than him driving uninsured now isn't it, and anyone who Neged me I think you just might want to rethink that, I am drawing out someone who is costing all of us who are legally insured's rates. he is braking laws, not me.
Steve

He wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. I really don't care.

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on topic. What do you like about the 9-3's? I have never owned one myself, but I did date a couple of women that drove 9-3's and 9-5's. I always looked at them as fancy Chevy Cavaliers.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 10-15-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Back on topic. What do you like about the 9-3's? I have never owned one myself, but I did date a couple of women that drove 9-3's and 9-5's. I always looked at them as fancy Chevy Cavaliers.

Finally, thank you

I can't quite put my finger on it, they're just quirky and different. I like that in my cars, the 9-3 styling definitely appeals to me and they are fairly cheap while retaining an air of luxury. I really like how the newest 9-3 Aeros look, but they're out of my price range for sure. It looks like they can be good and reliable cars as long as the maintenance history is there, if I do buy one I'll only consider one with a paper trail of receipts.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I guess this is a Mexican standoff then

Not really, I ain't the one who is going to go to jail and have to pay back all that money you got from a bogus insurance claim.

See its a win, win for me, the forum gets rid of an arrogant child who thinks he knows it all and gets some time in jail, see that is what you will get if I send a link to the NYPD about just what you are doing, every day you drive.

ever done time? get ready. I wonder if you will still have that job waiting for you when you get out.

Steve

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally, thank you

I can't quite put my finger on it, they're just quirky and different. I like that in my cars, the 9-3 styling definitely appeals to me and they are fairly cheap while retaining an air of luxury. I really like how the newest 9-3 Aeros look, but they're out of my price range for sure. It looks like they can be good and reliable cars as long as the maintenance history is there, if I do buy one I'll only consider one with a paper trail of receipts.

Most Saab's are good reliable cars. There is a Top Gear UK episode when they talked about Saab. But while Saab was owned by GM, Saab would take the GM platform they were given and change it to their liking, which cost GM lots of money. They were GM's disobedient step child. I like Saab's, especially the Aeros.
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigsfiero2007

3979 posts
Member since Aug 2007
Here is a good deal in DC if you want to make the drive.

http://washingtondc.craigsl.../cto/4106700424.html
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Most Saab's are good reliable cars. There is a Top Gear UK episode when they talked about Saab. But while Saab was owned by GM, Saab would take the GM platform they were given and change it to their liking, which cost GM lots of money. They were GM's disobedient step child. I like Saab's, especially the Aeros.

They definitely have the potential to be money pits, just like a WRX if they aren't maintained. At least unlike WRX's, many of them aren't ragged out or modded so there is some peace of mind that they weren't raced around all the time.

I'm just happy that I don't have to be buying a car by next week and have some time to find something nice for hopefully a good deal. My friend suggested an Infiniti G20 to me and they seem alright, I'll have to look into them more.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple people at work had Saab 9-3's and every other week I had to listen to yet another Saab (sob) story. They are plagued with electrical gremlins.

Maybe I am too practical, but before you drop several $K on a car for a new job, just drive the T/A for the first month. Make sure you like the job and they like you, then start looking for something to save you some fuel savings. At 15 mpg, 80 mile round trip, 5 days a week, 4 weeks per month, and gas at $4/gal you will spend $426 just going to work. With 25 mpg you would spend $256 or save you about $170/month. If you can get 30 mpg, then you could save $212/mo.

However, if buying another car means you will be spending another $200/month to insure it, then all fuel savings have been erased and your monthly expenses will still be higher since you now have a loan to pay off as well...

Like I said, drive the T/A and see how things work out.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 10-15-2013).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

A couple people at work had Saab 9-3's and every other week I had to listen to yet another Saab (sob) story. They are plagued with electrical gremlins.

Maybe I am too practical, but before you drop several $K on a car for a new job, just drive the T/A for the first month. Make sure you like the job and they like you, then start looking for something to save you some fuel savings. At 15 mpg, 80 mile round trip, 5 days a week, 4 weeks per month, and gas at $4/gal you will spend $426 just going to work. With 25 mpg you would spend $256 or save you about $170/month. If you can get 30 mpg, then you could save $212/mo.

However, if buying another car means you will be spending another $200/month to insure it, then all fuel savings have been erased and your monthly expenses will still be higher since you now have a loan to pay off as well...

Like I said, drive the T/A and see how things work out.

Absolutely right , as I mentioned a few posts earlier in the midst of the retard spamming his sh*t- I worked out an agreement with my father so I can come at this situation in a more relaxed manner. The T/A is getting some more love, I'm waiting for rockauto to deliver a nice box of goodies which I *should* fix the mileage issue, if not at least it'll have that many more new parts and it shouldn't leak oil from the top end any more. The T/A has been running rock solid since May now apart from the ignition switch going out 2 weeks ago (still was able to start and run), I've put close to 500 miles on it since replacing the switch and it purrs like a kitten, if I can fix the crap mileage I'll be a happy camper. I miss getting 28mpg on the highway

Thanks for weighing in on the 9-3s, I definitely noticed that. Apparently they have a very common issue with an ignition cassete (Seems to occur with the same frequency as ICMs on Fieros) among the interior electronics going nuts.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Absolutely right , as I mentioned a few posts earlier in the midst of the retard spamming his sh*t-

Cool the NYPD wants to give me $2,000 for your sorry ass, keep running off at the mouth, you are just adding more fuel to the fire.

http://a056-crimestoppers.n...ic/how-it-works.html

Seems all that education didn't teach you a dam thing, retard.

Steve
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go do your **** in silence, report me all you want I'm sure the NYPD will haul me off compared to the Mexicans driving around uninsured and wrecking their cars all the time here. Stop spamming my thread ******* . Get your 2 grand and stfu, maybe it'll actually give you a ray of sunshine into your miserable life.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 10-15-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock