Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  END OF KIT CARS? (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
END OF KIT CARS? by bomaze
Started on: 01-07-2009 01:26 PM
Replies: 592 (27273 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-14-2013 09:09 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are other examples (just like the earlier pics) from various threads throughout the forum. The Commrades will have you to believe I'm the only person that makes comments on the the cars.

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

The problem here....

Is that if ANYONE has stood next to an ACTUAL REAL Testarossa, it is an amazingly beautiful and WIDE long car.... It is nowhere near the size of a fiero and many of these kits this one included try to take the general shape of the car and graft it onto the much shorter and narrower Fiero. It just comes off looking kinda cartoonish and more often than not leaves much to be desired. That one honestly looks quite short and stubby and is not anywhere near resembling the real Testarossa.

Originally posted by Patrick:

I agree 100%.

A real Testarossa is a piece of art, it's beautiful.

IMO this car just looks... I don't know... it just looks silly.

Don't believe the hype. You are allowed to speak. This is not The China Republic.

- "We're joining our evil powers to get Madcurl."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-25-2012).]

IP: Logged
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a good laugh that day........
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Focus Madcurl... focus. I know you know how to use the quote button so all you have to do is quote my last post and answer the questions one by one. Enough with the smoke screen.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Focus Madcurl... focus. I know you know how to use the quote button so all you have to do is quote my last post and answer the questions one by one. Enough with the smoke screen.

Just focus on the mistakes these builds contain and not on trying to be the "Dudley Do Right" of the forum. Nobody posted pictures of your car on this thread, but you. So, relax and popped a few Gas-X pills.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Just focus on the mistakes these builds contain and not on trying to be the "Dudley Do Right" of the forum. Nobody posted pictures of your car on this thread, but you. So, relax and popped a few Gas-X pills.

You must be a Republican as you flip flop your position more then Romney. What is it that your complaining about?? First it was badges on cars the weren't 100% correct, now you want to focus on the mistakes the build contains, or is it you think all kit car owners are lame posers trying to fool everybody. You have this problem where you think your opinion is the only one that counts.
The kit car industry is bigger and better than it has ever been. the problem is now the kits cost so much to build it's becoming a rich mans game. look at the prices the cars are selling for here
http://www.hemmings.com/cla...ler_typeFacet=Dealer
There will always be badly built kits that you can make fun of but there are many more out there that make your Fieros look like ****

Keep up the hate.......it shows everyone your true character

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 10-25-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

You must be a Republican as you flip flop your position more then Romney. What is it that your complaining about?? First it was badges on cars the weren't 100% correct, now you want to focus on the mistakes the build contains, or is it you think all kit car owners are lame posers trying to fool everybody. You have this problem where you think your opinion is the only one that counts.
The kit car industry is bigger and better than it has ever been. the problem is now the kits cost so much to build it's becoming a rich mans game. look at the prices the cars are selling for here
http://www.hemmings.com/cla...ler_typeFacet=Dealer
There will always be badly built kits that you can make fun of but there are many more out there that make your Fieros look like ****

Keep up the hate.......it shows everyone your true character

I noticed that none of the cars in the link you provided were Lamborghini or Ferrrari replicas made from Fieros. If the business is booming it's with higher replica builds and not the watered down versions some of which are featured here, but on Barrett-Jackson even they feature Factory Five replicas, so that is surely the way to go. The replicas featured here would never make it to BJ auction for everybody would know right away that it's a poorly built car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-25-2012).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I noticed that none of the cars in the link you provided were Lamborghini or Ferrrari replicas made from Fieros. If the business is booming it's with higher replica builds and not the watered down versions some of which are featured here, but on Barrett-Jackson even they feature Factory Five replicas, so that is surely the way to go. The replicas featured here would never make it to BJ auction for everybody would know right away that it's a poorly built car.

you want Lambos
http://www.kitcarlist.com/lambokits.html

you want Ferrari
http://www.kitcarlist.com/f...ri-replica-kits.html

It looks like there are more replica builders than there are custom Fiero shops to me.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000

madcurl

You like to find the worst examples of kitcars and make fun of them.
Here's a link to some of the best....... make fun of these
http://www.lamborghinirepli...s%20Berry%20Farm.htm
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The replicas featured here are home built! Built by the average Joe who maybe does or does not know what he's getting into. Either way, it is his car and his choice. The cars featured on Barrett-Jackson are professionally built with big budgets, professional tools, professional work spaces, by people who make a living customizing cars. Your comparison is definately apples to oranges. Again, why does it matter? Has the sudden influx of cheap Ferrari knock-offs somehow ruined the value of factory cars? I don't get it.

Jonathan

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious what the almighty judge Madcurl thinks of this replica... Not exactly a kit but it's a replica and he's sportin the badges!

Men imhoffs "bull in the basement"
http://kiengineering.com/The_Bull.php
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

I'm curious what the almighty judge Madcurl thinks of this replica... Not exactly a kit but it's a replica and he's sportin the badges!

Finally, somebody did a Countach that WASN'T the 25th anniversary edition. I love it! Those headers are "plumb" sexy!!!

Jonathan

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2012 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just messed my underware. (I'll take the zero teacher!)

Tony
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dam he has some skills but I'm not so sure about starting it in the basement? I would have made the hole in the basement wall first then made one of the best looking from scratch countach made today

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see you finally realized that owning a real Ferrari 355 is cheaper Then owning a fake replica.

Considering when a clutch job for a real 355 costs around 7k to do by a certified dealership or repairship vs $250 bucks on a Fiero based kit. They might be cheap but in the long run unless you plan on owning a garage queen its gonna cost you to keep it on the road.

Id rather turn my Fiero into a Countach or a Diablo than spend 30k to put Vette headlights and a V8 engine and be slow as ...... and its STILL A Fiero at the end of the day. Just sayin at least my product will be a Lamborghini to naked eye
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VF1Skullangel

190 posts
Member since Jun 2008

How about this one?

www.lambobuilder.com

BTW F Barrett Jackson. They sell POS's to. I had a friend back home in Colorado that bought a 68 Camaro and the damn thing was rusted out underneith the paint.

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This 512 TR is on Ebay right now. Beautiful body kit. Looks like it might be a CK3 kit...(These are still available for anyone interested)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...item337ed1d90c#v4-46

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-04-2013).]

YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm the picture taker on this one. To me, it looks like one man's dream to make his car look exotic. It does not appear to be a kit but an original design. Each to his own.

I'm still a little puzzled to what really constitutes a 'kit'. If I bought a Caterham, I could get it with complete with the last nut and bolt and the colour of my choice. My 'kit' consisted of some panels I found in Scranton Pennsylvania, Sugar Island Michigan, along with bits and pieces through Ebay and Kijiji. Basically, it is a jumble of parts that I scratched my head and managed to put together (except the last engine swap). What sets one car apart from another is the workmanship. Different levels of skill produce a different quality of car. I have seen two of the same kits side by side and you would think they were completely different cars.

As far as badging a car, I have emblems from a few cars just to give it the look of a production car. I prefer to be unique and 'along the lines of' rather than a mirror of another car and keep people guessing. It's more fun that way.

I've had a good time with the car but it will soon go. 12 years of ownership is enough.
bomaze

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When people ask what type of car it is, I always tell them it is a Fiero based kitcar. I honestly get more questions from younger people asking me what is a Fiero?

VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its sad that hardly anyone knows what a Fiero is these days. I've had many people ask me if my car is a Ferrari 348
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a stack of Kit Car mags that I will be selling...maybe 100 or more.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that the Miami vice Ferrari was built on a corvette and definitely NOT a testa rossa. I do get amused by the stories about how much attention the car gets. Typically it's "my wife is making me sell it because women notice me too much in it". Then the suggestion that if you just buy this car you will have more beautiful women than you know what to do with..

Originally posted by RCR:

This 512 TR is on Ebay right now. Beautiful body kit. Looks like it might be a CK3 kit...(These are still available for anyone interested)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...item337ed1d90c#v4-46

Bob
[b][/b]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I thought that the Miami vice Ferrari was built on a corvette and definitely NOT a testa rossa. I do get amused by the stories about how much attention the car gets. Typically it's "my wife is making me sell it because women notice me too much in it". Then the suggestion that if you just buy this car you will have more beautiful women than you know what to do with..

Initially MV had a Daytona Spyder on a 'Vette chassis. After they blew that up they had a White TR on a Fiero chassis.

Archie
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, there actually were two REAL testarossas used in the filming often the cruising scenes and anytime you could see the interior of the car. The STUNT car was actually a modified Pantera made to look like a Testarossa surprisingly enough. Honestly while the Daytona spyder was beautiful it was kinda easy to tell it was not real the white Testarossa was a very classy and beautiful car that fit the role quite well. It is of course also one of my favorite cars. Here is a wiki that tells about it a bit...peace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_in_Miami_Vice

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Initially MV had a Daytona Spyder on a 'Vette chassis. After they blew that up they had a White TR on a Fiero chassis.

Archie
Just learned something about mv that I didn't know before. Thanks, I hate ignorance and I was ignorant of that.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you read that wiki you will also find that there was actually a REAL Ferrari Daytona Spyder used in one of the initial episodes too... LOL peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew the Daytona on Miami Vice was a replica but I was unaware that the Testarossa was a rebodied Pantera. WOW
bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very curious to know how many people on this forum have Fiero based kit cars. I have a Testarossa replica and a stock 85 GT. I am just wondering who else has a kit.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would assume most kit car owners have been turned off by the negative sentiment directed toward kit cars, replicas, and themselves in this thread that they probably don't look in this thread anymore. If you really want the best participation from kit car owners, you really should start a new thread IMHO, maybe call it the PFF kit car registry.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
....sometimes, even REAL exotic owners don't know when to say when! (I saw this in Colorado recently...and yes it's a real Testarossa..)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

01-07-2009 02:45 PM

IMO I think not, because of the numbers and money involved the Fiero will out live any replica base Fiero. Plus, all that is needed is tweaking. A tweaked Fieros will always be a Fiero. Whereas replica kits are always playing "catch-up" thus are soon viewed as "out dated" when the next best kit is on the market and sadly people will always question if your car's a fake.

Tweak your Fiero and there's no need to be faking.

Four years ago my words spoken here have survived the test of time. Trying to play catch-up, iconic replication (good & bad), and the relentless pursuit in properly badging their 50 or 10 footer replica.

On the other hand, you can by-pass the desire trying to play with the elites, the brand names, and the latest models produced and just tweak your Fiero. You'll be unique, save tons of money, and continue enhancing the Pontiac Fiero design.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trying to play catch-up, iconic replication (good & bad), and the relentless pursuit in properly badging their 50 or 10 footer replica. On the other hand, you can by-pass the desire trying to play with the elites, the brand names, and the latest models produced and just tweak your Fiero.

Only in your world of double standards does the relentless tweaking of your own car not constitute trying to play catch up with the latest models.

You'll... save tons of money

How much money did you spend save?

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought --- If Curly is going to the 30th / How about all the attending kit cars circle the choptop for a group photo
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

01-07-2009 02:45 PM

Four years ago my words spoken here have survived the test of time. Trying to play catch-up, iconic replication (good & bad), and the relentless pursuit in properly badging their 50 or 10 footer replica.

On the other hand, you can by-pass the desire trying to play with the elites, the brand names, and the latest models produced and just tweak your Fiero. You'll be unique, save tons of money, and continue enhancing the Pontiac Fiero design.

Curley, just curious if you feel the same way about those that install a MadArch body kit...Aren't those just people just trying to play catchup to the original or do those not count because it's your "design" and not a true exotic?

Bob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Curley, just curious if you feel the same way about those that install a MadArch body kit...Aren't those just people just trying to play catchup to the original or do those not count because it's your "design" and not a true exotic?

Bob

Originally posted 12-15-2011 07:40 AM by TXGOOD:

I like both modified and stock versions of the Fiero, but even modified it is still a "representation" of the original design.

Given that the MadArch kit is nothing more than a kit designed from original Fiero parts, it can only be a modified version of the original-nothing more, nothing less. The various components that make up the kit was using the simplest of ideas-using the front Fiero fenders, IRM rockers, ground FX door caps from Ausie Fiero, a Fiero rear bumper, and last but not least a front Fiero fender (modified by V8Archie). The end result is nothing more than a modern or exotic look base upon the "simplest" of ideas from the Fieros DNA at the cheapest cost to date. However, at the end of the day it's a Pontiac Fiero-badges or not.

MadArch Cost? 2k for the kit, 2k for installation = 4k and your pretty much done. Go to the Fierostore or to the nearest junk yard and pull off a Fiero badge and call it a day.

Lamborghini/Ferrari kit? 10k-20k just for the body and a additional 80k in a relentless pursuit in trying copy the original. Click on Ebay, purchase a real Lamborghini/Ferrari badge and then turn around and sell the car, because you've realized that the Duke/2.8 engine is still in the back and you're now in too deep.

"Failure is no accident."-Dr. Phil McGraw

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-08-2013).]

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl, first let me tell you i like your madarch car. i think its inovative and attractive. with that said, i have a mera and yes it is fiero based but from mine and many others points of view it was very well executed in build quality. mine is badged as a fcar, not my doing, prior owner did so. but from what i can tell most of the mera owners on this site have the pontiac mera badges still on their cars or are trying to find them to represent them as meras again. my car has never been in public during my ownership, but once it does i will gladly tell anyone that its a mera. i will explain why it now has fcar badges, fcar interior, fcar wheels, fcar brembos, etc. no mis representation intended or will be given. and no i have not spent 20grand or 80grand making it what it is. i have less than 5grand in it with a ls aluminum 5.3 v8 and f23 conversion. i think its every ones personal tastes that makes up the forum and owners. you like things i wont like, i like things you wont like, etc. in the end we can all just be gearheads... and we should get along? right...?
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
post script; i chose the mera over a real ferrari 308 gtb due to high maintenance costs associated with the real fcar. not because i wanted to be a " POSER " just fyi.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
and no im not picking on madcurl at all. i just think there needs to be some objectivity.
bomaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomazeSend a Private Message to bomazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion, but if the car doesn't look like it did when it rolled off the factory floor, then it should be labeled as a rebody or kit. Widebody kits included. This is in no way a statement to knock the efforts on either side of the fence. At the end of the day if you are happy with what you have either a Fiero based Diablo, Countach, Testarossa, Mera, XTC, a tweaked widebodied Fiero, or a Fiero as stock as the day it drove off the dealer's lot. Then that is what is important. I hope we don't lose sight of that in the long run.
( I will now step off my soap box) : )
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadArch Cost? 2k for the kit, 2k for installation = 4k and your pretty much done.

$4K. Really. George Orwell would be proud to know that the use of Double-Speak has endured this long.

The truth is once you have a MadArch kit you also need new wheels, tires, body prep and paint as an absolute minimum, unless you plan to drive your car around in primer for a couple years. Then you discover that the 2.5L or 2.8L engine just doesn't impress anybody when you open the decklid on that fancy looking car, much less step on the gas when the Honda Civic owner pulls up next to you at the light. And those 9-3/4" brakes look awfully small behind the big wheels, and the headlights are old-school, and it would look much better with scissor doors, and the dash is looking kind of dated, not to mention the need for better looking seats, and on and on. Boy it's a good thing "modified Fiero" owners are exempt from the relentless pursuit of the latest models.

Trouble is, nobody knows what you're saying anymore, much less why.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock