Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109270 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY The dd looks AWESOME! cant wait for it to be finished!

edit, oooo yeaa I own page 9

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 03-01-2010).]

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks GREAT!
Looks like a nice shop to work in, too.

What's up with the Barracuda?
That one looks amazingly clean/straight.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-01-2010).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Your car looks GREAT!
Looks like a nice shop to work in, too.

What's up with the Barracuda?
That one looks amazingly clean/straight.

it's not bad, I need to get it running and re do the inside. that will be the first one of those cars to be done once he gets back to work.

tinigs are looking good at the shop, I am getting things moved over and setup I hope to have it going by this weekend. the DD I will finish at the house just because I dont want to move it over to the shop and misplace all the parts in the move.
D.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to use a screen for the grill?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Are you going to use a screen for the grill?

Yea, I decided to just use the screen in the front as well as the sides. you can't see it all that well in the pic's but it is already installed just painted black.
it is the OE style F******* screen I have a part roll of it.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must be a really fine screen, you can't see it at all.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I didn't see the rear spoiler you did. How'd that turn out?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't see the rear spoiler you did. How'd that turn out?

the rear deck lid is at the body shop getting finished. I am down to the wire with the car so I can make it to Daytona. that is why I painted the rest of the car already so I would not run out of time.
it has ben crazy around here this week, trying to get the shop setup, dealing with Contractors that owe me lots of money at the glass shop and trying to get this car done in time for the show.
it will get better once I get set up and i get the other BS behind me.
ClayTonto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The DD is turning out great. The color states modern and the lines flow well.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
down to the wire now! I am trying to finish the DD for the st.Paddy parade this next weekend I have some clips from the Fiero store on the way for the moldings as well as a set of wheel spacers for the rear that should both be here by tues. yesterday I was able to finish the brakes, reinstall the inside door panels, install the drivers side body as well as the new windshield and the hood. now I am waiting for the body guy to finish the deck lid and rear bumper if I can get them by no later that wed. I should be able to have them painted in time for the weekend as long as I do not have any major isues with anything.

as far as the shop I am working on 2 cars at the moment but nothing of any intrest yet I will post something about them as I get farther allong.
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if you painter doesn't get to it then you have a problem. Is your DD an '88?

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, if you painter doesn't get to it then you have a problem. Is your DD an '88?

I am the painter on this one because of time and money I did the paint work myself it is far from the best paint job.
it will do for now after all it is going to be my DD. I am sure after a year or so of being on the road I will have to redo it at some point.
yes both of my cars are 88 GT's
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daily drivers are not trailer queens, they aren't the prettiest & get used & abused.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daily drivers are not trailer queens, they aren't the prettiest & get used & abused.

that was exactly my thoughts on it as well but I still want it to look good enough to take to the shows. not for awards just to hang out and enjoy.

I had a wireing problem today with the turn signals they would work sometimes and not others and it turned out to be a bad blinker relay but it is fixed now.
also the body guy was able to get the rear deck lid to me tonight so I can get it blocked and seal primed for paint.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's monday
the DD had alot done to it this weekend and it looks like I should make the show as planed.
here are a few pic's from sat. since the pic's the drivers side has been finished as well now it is just down to the rear and a few finish things then clean toe whole thing up.
D.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great! Another Fiero re-born. Got the new glass installed I see.

Also, love those rockers man.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-08-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's great! Another Fiero re-born. Got the new glass installed I see.

Also, love those rockers man.

Thanks Rob.
yes I installed the new windshield before I instaled the hood to make it easier on myself. it also got new door seals around the door glass as well.
the only part I am not going to be installing before the show is the tail light panel I am making because it is taking me longer that I hoped to get it done and install the tail lights. it is always harder to make the first one of anything. I know they have been done but not with these lights. they are biger that I thought so I am having to mount them from the back and size down the holes to make them look smaller than they are.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Dean !

The mirrors look better and better every time i see them.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

I worked on the car mre yesterday, after doing the 13" brakes and new pads the e brake was so tight that the car would not move so I had to get under it and adjust the cable. I also worked on the rear deck lid and was able to get it painted. today I will see if the body guy has the rear bumper ready for me so I can get that last part painted. I will also be going over the car and fixing a few spots that got messed up by me not waiting for help
then I will get the whole car put back together, do a once over then I will spend the next day or so cleaning the car back up.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have the rear bumper today and I hope to have it painted by tomarow. yesterday I was able to get the rest of the car done and cleaned up.
here are some pics for all.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW !

Dude i am loving it !

Totally awesome Dean.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my wheel spacers just got here
for the rear only, the offset on the new wheels sets to far in so now it will set out to the body.
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good. Painting the belt mouldings has a good look with that color. The rear spoiler came out nice.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all im going to say is wow it looks better than i could have imagined
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean have you seen these yet on randye's car ?

Might look good on yours ?
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next time I am in Atlanta I am going to make a point to stop Your DD looks awesome, very jealous.

Ken~
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Dean have you seen these yet on randye's car ?

Might look good on yours ?

Thanks guys!

Tony, yes I have seen them and I have tried to contact Oslo several times over the last few weeks to try and get a set of them for the DD but I have not heard from him.
I would love to have a set on this car they would go good with the tail lights I am making for the car.
but for now I will have to live with the ones I have and the stock tail lights as well. the tail light pannel is taking longer that I had hoped so I just re did the stock lights for now. of corse with a little twist
anyone remember the Choptop when I first got it?
this is a pic of what I have done to the tail lights ofr the DD.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I got the rear painted and I will get it installed in the morning after that I will spend some time getting the inside cleaned up and then out for a test run.
the DD will have it's first outing on Sat. in Atl. at the St. Patty parade I will try to get some pics and post them on monday.
D.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go, Dean. As promised, I'm putting you right up front to lead us. If you're going to test drive it, just take it for a drive down 92. Stay off Arnold Mill. Keep the car straight until at least after Daytona.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean did you get the spacers installed ?

Do you hope to have your tail light panel finished for Daytona ? What about it is proving so challenging ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will not be doing any hot roding in the car at least on the first drive

Tony, yes I did get them installed and the set the tires exactly where I wanted them

as far as the tail light panel I am building, I don't think I will have it done in time for Daytona the problem I am having with it is that the corvette tail lights are biger than I thought they would be so I have to set them way back in the panel and I sixed down the holes so they will mount from the back and hide about 3/4" of the light so they don't look as big. to do this is a PITA because the lights are oval and to make the holes look good around the lights is a chore for sure.
and to top it all off I am going to have to find a way to mount the lights from the back and they do not have any mounting points on the lights so I will have to make some. it is a lot more work than I was wanting but I will get it done just not in time for the show.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-12-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow... i love the car whodeanie. Im lovin it!! very aggressive look!! good job!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have to go with those lights as well...much brighter than the stock markers.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.... Its always fun when a car starts to come together... great job.

------------------
SMTHGT.....

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 03-13-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't wait to see the finished pictures !

Is it Monday yet ???????
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more photos more photos! i love it cant wait to see the finished product with the mirrors everything, p.s. uhh wanna do another one ? the exact same??? lol
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

more photos more photos! i love it cant wait to see the finished product with the mirrors everything, p.s. uhh wanna do another one ? the exact same??? lol

I forgot my camera at home today so I will not be able to post pic's of the car till tues. I got some pics from the St Patty parade as well that I will post.
the car got alot of looks it ever got alot of people out of their homes to come see what it was while we were waiting to go in the parade

as far as buliding another one just like it ..... UH..... NO! no 2 of the cars I build will ever be the same but every car I build will be better than the last
I did not take molds off of any of the parts I built for this one.

I will be getting to work on the 355 this week as well as the Diablo, I will keep you posted on the progress on them as well as others. the DD is back on the road but not done I still have a few things I want to do to it but it will have to be as I get time. the tail light panel is still a big one, that was the only part of the car that was bothering me at the show.

over the next several weeks I will be working on several parts that I will have up for sale, some small and some rather big!

I will ask now... I have a great idea for a wild custom Fiero but I need someone to step up with some money to build it it will not be cheap, but well worth every penny
let me know if you are interested, I do not want to share any info in the open at this time.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
One of the Fiero Club members was able to get some pic's from Sat. so I will post them here for you.
D.

I never noticed how low my car was till I hade it next to other Fieros.

And a great pic of the new rear

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its....soo......sexy.......
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like how it turned out At first I was a little skeptical of the rims, but they turned out great. The car has a nice overall feel to it.. very "unified" in how it looks Great work!

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock