Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 37)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109270 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

When I pick up my car I get a copy of the file for you. PM me your email addy. Charlie said tried to band-aid the tune by adding 25% to get the AFR down to 14.7-15 at idle.

Uh.. You would subtract 25% to get a "45#" file to run on 60# injectors.
IP: Logged
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

LOL told ya I wasn't a tuner! LOL
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised... that was a great phone conversation.
To PFF, I want to publicly apologize to David aka FierociousGT for my comments.

I will admit my problem isnt with you, its with Dean. So have him come fight his own battle.
Edit.. BTW I said something about you earlier, something regrettable. I directed my anger at you and that was uncalled for. I deleted the comment, and I am sorry.

Posting without thinking it though, after reading this thread I am Soooo surprised!

I don't think Dean is going to post in here about this issue. He is smart enough to let his lawyer get the required information. Dean's lawyer I am sure will study all of your posts, claims, specifications, statements, ramblings, and the photo's you have posted for him to use.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

You can do this without tuning software. Just get a mini AFC from ZZP and you can easily adjust the AFR in about two minutes.

No need to be a tuner....

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

You can do this without tuning software. Just get a mini AFC from ZZP and you can easily adjust the AFR in about two minutes.

No need to be a tuner....

I could tune mine with a screwdriver if I wanted...

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I could tune mine with a screwdriver if I wanted...

CARBS!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No more smiles, eh? Thats right... we know whats on the video, dont we? One way or another, PFF will know the truth. What, you thought I was bluffing?

The video is private. Ive read this thread and now have a better idea on what is going on. Dean took his time completing the car, there is no denying that and I understand the frustration that you must have felt. You then wanted the car as it sat from my understanding, and uncompleted car if that. You said yourself right here

Nothing I have ever owned hit as hard as my old NISMO R33 GTR V-Spec II. Not even close. The Fiero is pretty awesome though in the short time I drove it. Of course that didnt exceed 1/2 throttle either. I have to get it tuned before I open her up. I want to get it tuned right away. First I need to figure out why its smoking so badly. Every blip of the throttle produces smoke. It smokes out of the breather filter on the VC as well. We are going to run a compression test. Dean eliminated the PCV system for some reason as well. I think its the turbo seals or oil feed restrictor. Also, the CEL is on.. yay

I have to get it tuned before I open it up....Meaning you ran the car leaner than **** and burned up your pistons causing excessive blowby.

Once again right here
Pump is in. I went into town and had some outrageously over-spec lines made for the oil return. I pulled the crap Pep Boys filter that Dean installed and put on a big K&N filter. Now I'd like to say I was surprised, sadly I am not, there were all kinds of trash & metal shavings INSIDE the filter.

So you are still driving the untuned car? You never mentioned getting the car tuned, you knew the tune was not correct but you still romped the piss out of the car by your own admission.
The way I see it is you blew your own engine if its even blown at all. You took a car that you know was running half assed and ran it anyways. Dean should have gave you a running car that was tuned and complete but you noted issues right when it came off the trailer. Why did you not address the issues right then and there? I would also like to note I have never had business with dean or BV so im looking at this in a unbiased view. We have a justice system for a reason and I recommend you use it rather than have 30 pages of heresy on a forum.
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seafoodlover:

Hold on everyone...This thread should be cleaned out by the MODS. Where are the mods? This thread is about Whodeanies not a rambling thread for personal use. BV please keep your own problems on your personal thread. I see that you already started another topic in the forums so please stay OUT of this one. Mods please move all rambling over to the other thread that BV already started. We DO NOT NEED TWO THREADS ON THIS! ....PLEASE MODS FIX THIS FOR US. Thank you mods.....

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I have to get it tuned before I open it up....Meaning you ran the car leaner than **** and burned up your pistons causing excessive blowby.

Once again right here
Pump is in. I went into town and had some outrageously over-spec lines made for the oil return. I pulled the crap Pep Boys filter that Dean installed and put on a big K&N filter. Now I'd like to say I was surprised, sadly I am not, there were all kinds of trash & metal shavings INSIDE the filter.

So you are still driving the untuned car? You never mentioned getting the car tuned, you knew the tune was not correct but you still romped the piss out of the car by your own admission.

Really? Where did I say I "romped the piss out of my car"? Show me EXACTLY.

The way I see it is you blew your own engine if its even blown at all. You took a car that you know was running half assed and ran it anyways. Dean should have gave you a running car that was tuned and complete but you noted issues right when it came off the trailer. Why did you not address the issues right then and there? I would also like to note I have never had business with dean or BV so im looking at this in a unbiased view. We have a justice system for a reason and I recommend you use it rather than have 30 pages of heresy on a forum.

LOL More like 30 pages of people ignoring the facts right in front of them... Oh man crow is going to be on the endangered species list!!

Just for you, I will post this again.

And I quote Dean verbatim:

9/6/12 5:03pm
"WTF! I did not say it would not have a tune in it. I said it would be a basic one to run the car without any issues".

9/8/12 9:34pm
"She runs OK, still Babying her trying to get the tune right".

Again, Dean said the car was TUNED. When pressed, he said it was safe to DRIVE every day. Got that on video too! You guys are getting out of hand with these outrageous assumptions.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-17-2012).]

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mods have been contacted.....now let's talk about cars again.
deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mods have been contacted.....now let's talk about cars again.

Why just not read this thread if it bothers you?

------------------
'86 Fiero 2M6

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You said it "hit" harder than your skyline or some crap. Im lazy and dont really care enough to go search. Only reason I posted is because ive been in deans spot with a volvo engine I built for a guy, he blue it up and came after me for selling him a bad engine that was not together correctly. Turns out he but a huge cam in it and made it an interface engine and got the timing belt wrong but thats a different story. Once again just take him to court and let a Judge decide as it does not matter what we think. We are all just screen names. You seem pretty knowledgeable about cars so ignorance is not an excuse of why you didnt address the issues and park the car. Now, whats the chances of you posting a picture of your spark plugs? Have you even pulled the plugs to see if they have a story to tell or are you throwing money at a 100 different issues and hoping one sticks? I have not read results of you leakdown test, comp test or anything else for that matter. Have you pulled the inlet off the turbo and checked for shaft play or bad seals? I have watched fresh builds smoke on startup because high oil pressure got in a fight with a new turbo and everyone assumed the engine was blown. The amount of time you have spent bitching and throwing dean under the bus could have been used trying to figure out the issues with the car. You know you have low fuel pressure, why not get off the forum for a while and go drop the tank and slap a pump in. It takes only 45 minutes.

I will start reading this thread and see if I can get a better idea as you post more in this thread more than your current build thread.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hold on everyone...This thread should be cleaned out by the MODS. Where are the mods? This thread is about Whodeanies not a rambling thread for personal use. BV please keep your own problems on your personal thread. I see that you already started another topic in the forums so please stay OUT of this one. Mods please move all rambling over to the other thread that BV already started. We DO NOT NEED TWO THREADS ON THIS! ....PLEASE MODS FIX THIS FOR US. Thank you mods.....

Why? I don't remember a sign saying "only happy customers are allowed to post in this thread". One of the things this thread was about (before it went sour) was BV's build. So anything that went wrong with that build belongs in this thread as well.

But I do agree that enough is enough. There's no need for BV to keep dragging his problems into this thread. People who read this thread will eventually stumble upon his posts where he claims Dean ruined his car. If they want more information on the what, how and why's, they will (undoubtedly) read the thread he started about it.

So in short, I will not "clean up" this thread (since there's nothing to clean up) but I also ask BV (and anyone else) to keep it out of this thread from now on. You are trying to warn people. You did. No sense in using this thread as an extension of your other thread.

[PERSONAL OPINION]
That said, I must agree upon the fact that Dean's communication is appalling. You don't ever leave your customers in the dark, no matter how busy you are. There is always time to pick up a phone and give your customers an update. Hell, do it while you are taking a dump for all I care. But not answering calls, or being unreachable for days at end, or breaking promises while not being reachable for an explanation is inexcusable.

I understand from most remarks here that you do awesome work. If that's the case you are ruining your business by your lack of communication. And no, you are NOT an artist that can't be bothered while he is finishing a masterpiece. You are a business. If you want to survive you need to start acting like one.

I sincerely hope you will change your attitude towards this. The Fiero community needs people like you.
[/PERSONAL OPINION]
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Why? I don't remember a sign saying "only happy customers are allowed to post in this thread". One of the things this thread was about (before it went sour) was BV's build. So anything that went wrong with that build belongs in this thread as well.

But I do agree that enough is enough. There's no need for BV to keep dragging his problems into this thread. People who read this thread will eventually stumble upon his posts where he claims Dean ruined his car. If they want more information on the what, how and why's, they will (undoubtedly) read the thread he started about it.

So in short, I will not "clean up" this thread (since there's nothing to clean up) but I also ask BV (and anyone else) to keep it out of this thread from now on. You are trying to warn people. You did. No sense in using this thread as an extension of your other thread.

[PERSONAL OPINION]
That said, I must agree upon the fact that Dean's communication is appalling. You don't ever leave your customers in the dark, no matter how busy you are. There is always time to pick up a phone and give your customers an update. Hell, do it while you are taking a dump for all I care. But not answering calls, or being unreachable for days at end, or breaking promises while not being reachable for an explanation is inexcusable.

I understand from most remarks here that you do awesome work. If that's the case you are ruining your business by your lack of communication. And no, you are NOT an artist that can't be bothered while he is finishing a masterpiece. You are a business. If you want to survive you need to start acting like one.

I sincerely hope you will change your attitude towards this. The Fiero community needs people like you.
[/PERSONAL OPINION]

I love you Cliff....

/man crush...

I am done here.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now back to the projects!!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

[/PERSONAL OPINION]

This guy is alright.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just like seafoodlover has stated several times!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and he doesn't mean "the projects" as in "the hood".
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no dog in this fight. But as far as the Facebook page. A FB page doesn't go "down" unless the owner of it takes it down. Putrid communication by this business.

------------------
'86 Fiero 2M6

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, please don't start up again.

Read here re: FB & Website

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Well back in Orlando and time to post my pics and observations from the visit to "Whodeanie's Custom" this past Thursday. According to BV:

- The shop is going under...
FALSE
- Whom ever has their cars there will lose them due to the shop situation... FALSE
- Facebook and Web Site is down... TRUE due to update.

Originally posted by deadwood:
I have no dog in this fight. But as far as the Facebook page. A FB page doesn't go "down" unless the owner of it takes it down. Putrid communication by this business.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-18-2012).]

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE TODAY: ...HI all, I spoke with Dean personally today as I have many times in the last few months. I wanted to let everyone know that he is now working very hard to complete all of his projects. Sure there was delays, but with a death in the family, and a shop which push him out over night because of a change of lease, and having to set up and rewire an entire shop all over again. I mean what can we all really expect? It happens such as life does. I've been most patient just like everyone else has, and I was the very first customer in his shop since he opened his shop a couple of years ago. But I do understand what he is going through, and it's not easy. Lets all be patient a little more and he will get it done, he has not taken any new projects and cars has been flowing out of his shop at a fast rate since I've been keeping track. This does not mean we must force him to get a deadline, because we all know these things take time to be done right. I mean at least to me I would prefer Dean to do it the right way and most importantly to test the cars out for bugs and to take care of them if any occurs before we receive them. I know we all want ours cars ASAP right now, but since I've talk with Dean I want to let all his customers know that he is now even better than ever. His shop is now on a roll, more space in the shop, much less cars in the shop weekly, and things are moving out. As we all know before there was in the last few months there was a issue that is now being taken care of else where, things are moving again. I know we all waited a very long time, no question about that. But I ask all his customers to be a little more patient again, believe me it will get done! There is no worry at all about things that will not be done. I also have been two builders which was very good, but both of them do not compare to Dean's quality work. I know because I've seen his work in person. The details and quality is still unmatched by any builders I've seen. Dean is still the only person who I can trust that will finish my car. In conclusion our patience will really pay off in terms of his quality work. How do I know that it is quality and not BS? I have seen it in person several times, and things that needed to be done the long way was done with no short cuts. He had a choice to try to go the easy way out but instead he decided for me to do it much harder way to know that when I will need repairs in the future that my mechanic can reach things and work on it easily. I've been into this industry a very long time and I can spot things which does not look right. To date have not found anything wrong at all. Lets give Dean this chance to do all our cars right! I know they will all get done.

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 10-19-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dust is settled so do yourself a favor and STFU please.... Before I dissect this post, you and everything that goes with it.

UPDATE TODAY: ...HI all, I spoke with Dean personally today as I have many times in the last few months. I wanted to let everyone know that he is now working very hard to complete all of his projects. Sure there was delays, but with a death in the family, and a shop which push him out over night because of a change of lease, and having to set up and rewire an entire shop all over again. I mean what can we all really expect? It happens such as life does. I've been most patient just like everyone else has, and I was the very first customer in his shop since he opened his shop a couple of years ago. But I do understand what he is going through, and it's not easy. Lets all be patient a little more and he will get it done, he has not taken any new projects and cars has been flowing out of his shop at a fast rate since I've been keeping track. This does not mean we must force him to get a deadline, because we all know these things take time to be done right. I mean at least to me I would prefer Dean to do it the right way and most importantly to test the cars out for bugs and to take care of them if any occurs before we receive them. I know we all want ours cars ASAP right now, but since I've talk with Dean I want to let all his customers know that he is now even better than ever. His shop is now on a roll, more space in the shop, much less cars in the shop weekly, and things are moving out. As we all know before there was in the last few months there was a issue that is now being taken care of else where, things are moving again. I know we all waited a very long time, no question about that. But I ask all his customers to be a little more patient again, believe me it will get done! There is no worry at all about things that will not be done. I also have been two builders which was very good, but both of them do not compare to Dean's quality work. I know because I've seen his work in person. The details and quality is still unmatched by any builders I've seen. Dean is still the only person who I can trust that will finish my car. In conclusion our patience will really pay off in terms of his quality work. How do I know that it is quality and not BS? I have seen it in person several times, and things that needed to be done the long way was done with no short cuts. He had a choice to try to go the easy way out but instead he decided for me to do it much harder way to know that when I will need repairs in the future that my mechanic can reach things and work on it easily. I've been into this industry a very long time and I can spot things which does not look right. To date have not found anything wrong at all. Lets give Dean this chance to do all our cars right! I know they will all get done.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The dust is settled so do yourself a favor and STFU please.... Before I dissect this post, you and everything that goes with it.

I don't get it. Exactly how did him posting that he spoke with Dean and that things are moving forward offend you? You posted something similar a little while back and no one told you to STFU.
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, sounds good lets all go back to talking about cars. I agree with all and lets move on.

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 10-19-2012).]

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

seafoodlover

117 posts
Member since Jun 2011

Please watch your anger and blood pressure since it's bad for your health.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, all
It is friday night! update time,

lots going on at the shop this week as always but getting a few cars out and making good progress on old projects.

here are just a few we have going with a few pics.

the berg. fiero with the gen 3 3800 SC went home the other day

the whitehorse is almost done now, still need to work out a passkey issue. I can not wait to test out the power steering we did in it.

the FGT is getting finished, all we have left is to finish the front lower defuser and the tail light mod. I will post up finished pics next week and some in progress ones here tonight.

88Lamb choptop is still kicking my butt, IOWA RUST! just about had to replace every bolt under the car but it is being worked on every day to get her done.

we did a 3800 sc swap in december last year and the customer sent the car back for a tune up and a paint job and we just got it back from paint so we can put it all back together. he wanted a yellow he found and I must say "WOW! " that car is bright!

the Rotten chop is also starting to get more love with some fiberglass work to get it back on track.

their are others at the shop that are over due for some love and will all be back on track very soon. we have some great people working with us part time now that have been a fantastic help in getting these cars all done.

as always way more to come.

thanks to all.

the pics of the yellow do it no justice
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Dean. Glad to see that some of your customers are actually allowing you to finish their cars instead of kicking you while you are down.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been threw a lot this year and I am sure I am not the only one. It took me a little while to get the new shop sorted out to get it rolling but I have now and I get to go back to what I love and that is working on the cars.

we have gotten a few cars out now and way more on the way. we are still not taking on any new work till all of our old projects are out the door to get the shop back on track.

at times I still may be hard to reach just because I am working on the cars and the phone rings off the wall some days. if you have a car in the shop or are a customer that we are working on something for I will return your call asap!

we are looking forward to showing off some great cars for all of you.

thank you all
D.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Way to go Dean. Glad to see that some of your customers are actually allowing you to finish their cars instead of kicking you while you are down.

It will be worth it to get Marianna's White Horse done right.

I am very curious now about the power steering. Using the Mustang vs the Zimmer rack should be tighter

Frank
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

I am very curious now about the power steering. Using the Mustang vs the Zimmer rack should be tighter

Frank

I very much want to do PS on mine. I've seen Mustang racks used on a lot of street rod conversions. Wondered if it would be suitable for a Fiero, or even work better than the Corvette rack. Of course, I'm sure the 88 is different...
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I very much want to do PS on mine. I've seen Mustang racks used on a lot of street rod conversions. Wondered if it would be suitable for a Fiero, or even work better than the Corvette rack. Of course, I'm sure the 88 is different...

Steve,

If I ever get the EHPS system installed and working on my 88 you are welcome to drive it and see how it feels.

Nelson
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't know your car was at Dean's shop getting worked on.... right?

Originally posted by mptighe:
I don't get it. Exactly how did him posting that he spoke with Dean and that things are moving forward offend you? You posted something similar a little while back and no one told you to STFU.

Please watch your anger and blood pressure since it's bad for your health.

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Thanks to Troyboy for this info.... You are a battery life saver!

Originally posted by whodeanie:

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-20-2012).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Steve,

If I ever get the EHPS system installed and working on my 88 you are welcome to drive it and see how it feels.

Thanks Nelson. I'll be happy to take you up on that. I'm already sold on the PS conversion, however. (I drove Cooter's 85 at the swap meet a few years ago. It was perfect.)
Just need to come up with a way to make it happen.
If I can get a proper rack mounted (Dean? ) I can figure out the rest, in due time. Either a MR2 pump/controller retrofit, or something else. (Since the EHPS stuff is mostly made out of Unobtainium.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-20-2012).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Thanks Nelson. I'll be happy to take you up on that. I'm already sold on the PS conversion, however. (I drove Cooter's 85 at the swap meet a few years ago. It was perfect.)
Just need to come up with a way to make it happen.
If I can get a proper rack mounted (Dean? ) I can figure out the rest, in due time. Either a MR2 pump/controller retrofit, or something else. (Since the EHPS stuff is mostly made out of Unobtainium.)

I want in on the test drive. Let me know when and where. I hope somebody gets it sorted out. Just the same, I kind of like the feel of the current system.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Ok, all
It is friday night! update time,

we did a 3800 sc swap in december last year and the customer sent the car back for a tune up and a paint job and we just got it back from paint so we can put it all back together. he wanted a yellow he found and I must say "WOW! " that car is bright!

the Rotten chop is also starting to get more love with some fiberglass work to get it back on track.

the pics of the yellow do it no justice

Is that Dennis's? And yeay!!! The Rottinchop gettin some luv!!!!!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates on FGTO?
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see the pics Dean! It's always great to see progress at the shop! Can't wait to see more each Friday!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was working late and did not get a chance till now to post an update.

I was short staff this week so most of the week it was just me but I did manage to get quite a bit done on a few cars.

first I was able to get the yellow car back together and trimed out and back to the paint shop for final buffing.

second I was able to get the tail light mod done on FGT and chuck and I worked on finishing the front end. just laid up the last glass layer on the lower defuser so I can get it finished on monday morning.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 10-27-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock