Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109268 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What'chu talkin' 'bout, "BV MotorSports"?!

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
Any word on the shop situation?

Originally posted by exoticse:
To what situation do you refer ?

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-05-2012).]

IP: Logged
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

been working on many projects at once but here are some new pics of a new lambo we are starting.
the streach....

way more to come

Dean,
I am curious as to what steps you need to take to ensure that the frame stays in relative alignment when you cut and weld it. I notice you have ground the ends of the tube where you weld it removing the mill scale and any oils on there. Lots of folks do not realize you need to do that for a clean weld. What is the wall thickness of the tubing you are mending it back together with? Do you generally tig weld it or are you squirting it together with a mig? It looks like the frame ends where it was cut could accept larger diameter tube is there a reason you used something narrower? Do you end up plating it with sheet afterwards? Not criticizing here understand just wanting to learn in case I ever decide to cut a fiero in two..haha Is that monster getting a 3800SC motor or what? That silver grey lambo looked very impressive and I could imagine what one would be like with a nicely built 3800SC motor in it. A nice fast car that looks exotic that you could actually enjoy day to day. It appears to me you are doing some of the finest work on the Fiero down there in Georgia and it was a pleasure to meet you that day. Good luck and continued business prosperity to you....peace

Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 02-05-2012).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
Any word on the shop situation?

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

What'chu talkin' 'bout, "BV MotorSports"?!

Do you know something we should know?

88lambofiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I second that!!!
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked about a build, got the following reply:

I would love to, my only problem at this time is my building is being sold and I am not sure if we will be able to stay once it does. so for now I am holding off on new jobs until I know for sure. I can keep you posted but it will be march before I know anything.
D.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 10-10-2012).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, all
as some of you know I have been sick so I have not gotten here much. just trying to work threw it at the shop.
I am getting better now so all is good.

as far as the shop goes the landlord let it go back to the bank and now the bank wants to auction it off on the 3rd of march. they want too much for it so I do not know if it will sell or not. but if it does I will have to find out if the new owner will let us stay or if we have to go and it also depends if my rent stays the same or not. we do have other buildings in the area we are looking at just in case, they may be a bit smaller than what we have but we will make due. the shop will go on no mater what so don't think that we are out of here. I love what I do and want to keep doing it for a long time.

I will keep you all posted as I know more. but for now all I am doing is working on the cars for Daytona :thunbsup:
D.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for chiming in, Dean! I guess some people were getting nervous...
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks and please keep us (clients) updated.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-06-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Thanks for chiming in, Dean! I guess some people were getting nervous...

Can't speak for the others, but i was never nervous. Never even entered the equation.

Dean is top notch as far as i am concerned.

I was just curious what the heck BV was talking about.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't speak for the others, but i was never nervous. Never even entered the equation.

Agreed but even the most top notch guy has a problem without a place to work...! Wouldn't want to have Dean hoist your car up on the next tree branch, would you...?

Dean: good to know that you're planning ahead no matter how the situation turns out. That's professional...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-07-2012).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...! Wouldn't want to have Dean hoist your car up on the next tree branch, would you...?

With Dean, it wouldn't worry me a bit.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

With Dean, it wouldn't worry me a bit.

I was thinking the same thing.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I was thinking the same thing.

+1 Dean has been a business owner for years and will always put his customers first. This is just another hiccup in launching a business.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was just curious what the heck BV was talking about.

Same here, I just wanted to know what he was talking about.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whodeanies is where I have all my Fiero work, and non-Fiero work, done. His work is top notch and he is a Fiero fanatic to boot! Hats off to Dean, Erin, and April!
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who is this Dean guy. Does he do work for cars that will be exported?

Hehe

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 02-07-2012).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't worry about Dean either. He's not the type of guy to leave anybody high and dry.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I didnt mean to freak everyone one out!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

I wouldn't worry about Dean either. He's not the type of guy to leave anybody high and dry.

Who said he was? It would s*** if he had to move his shop, that's all.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who said he was? It would s*** if he had to move his shop, that's all.

"Thanks for chiming in, Dean! I guess some people were getting nervous..."

I'm thinking it may have been this post.^^^

LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never been honored to meet Dean in person, but having 3 cars at his shop & knowing what was going on 2 weeks ago never shaked a hair of mine, Dean was very profissional about it & gave me a call explaning the situation & I had no worry, hey Dean I will see you in Atlanta on April 23rd for Rammestein concert, hope you are feeling better.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what projects are going on at Whodeanies??? How are my chops coming along??? What phase is Yellowstone's car at?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean is probably just thawing out! I was checking the weather a few days ago, and it was 6 degrees warmer in Anchorage, Alaska than it was in Atlanta!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

So what projects are going on at Whodeanies??? How are my chops coming along??? What phase is Yellowstone's car at?

Dean has been plugging away !

He has been working a lot on my car (probably been there the longest of anybody's) and i believe on Dave FeirociousGT's car getting them ready for Daytona. I am sure he will post some pics when he is ready.

He has been sending me update pics, and i am pleased with the progress.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

What phase is Yellowstone's car at?

We spoke yesterday and he said that my engine was out and they were installing the new cam. Promised pix and I'm looking forward to seeing them.
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also spoke with Dean, he's been recovering from feeling sick and working long hours. He has been working hard on the fireos, to get ready for Daytona, and a few projects on the side. After that he's getting ready for carlise at the near end of may. Theres always a pretty big fiero show there each year as well. Its going to be a blast to see both shows. Keep up the motivation and great work Dean! Only you can do the impossible, with top quality work!

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 02-19-2012).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Hey guys, a quick question on stretching... A Ferrari 355 has to be stretched almost 3 inches to get to OEM size lengthwise, my question is how much longer would you have to stretch the car to get a true roll bar?

Thanx all,

Air-eek...

edit: Hey, just remembered today, how goes the building of a convertible top go? Wasn't it for that yellow 355 Fiero??
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

Life's best tour guides? Contrast and mixture. One sets things apart yet cohesively, the other seperates associatingly.

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 02-25-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A beautiful day for some bodywork !

Dean and his crew have been very busy getting it done !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-02-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, when you get a chance, can you pm me the part numbers for Sequoia Motorsports' parts for the taillights? Been having a hard time tracking down the right ones. Thanks
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big day around the shop yesterday as always. we worked on the headlights for the grey Mera, converted them to HID. very nice
the painter came by and picked up parts for Yellowstone to be fived and re painted.
ExoticSe got alot of love on the body mods and should be ready for primer in the next week or so.
FGT is now on the lift for some finish wiring as well as a little body work on the front and rear bumpers.
2 customers picked up cars from service work.
I spent a good part of the day hunting down parts to get them here in time to install them before the show.

all this from 9 - 8

then I stayed at the shop threw a hevy rain and hale storm till 10 pm working on Kermit

it is a good thing I love what I do because I work some long hrs.

now today up at 7am responding to emails and the forum and off to the shop to do it all again
D.
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work Dean! Glad to see that everything is moving along. We are all very lucky to have someone who is so passionate about what they do. It really shows in your work. Exoticse cant wait to see your car completed. Its starting to come together very nicely. Daytona is slowly creeping up. Its going to be a great show!

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 03-03-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seafoodlover:

Daytona is slowly creeping up. Its going to be a great show!

No, Daytona is QUICKLY creeping up!

------------------

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, I still haven't received that old fiero dash, did you forget? My G1 dash design has been on hold, been waiting for that part.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

My G1 dash design has been on hold, been waiting for that part.

Dean, get on it or else I'll be very upset! NOBODY holds up the G1!

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Dean, I still haven't received that old fiero dash, did you forget? My G1 dash design has been on hold, been waiting for that part.

OH, Crap! I have been so backed up I forgot. my bad.
PM me your address and I will get it out to you on Monday.
D.
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Need any help out there I need to move out of Tennessee sooo bad. Oh yeah, take care of yourself and get those long hours under control, they do take their toll... after working 15 hours a day for 3 years I had to take 6 months off just to recover I am sure the customers will understand if you took a day or two off of work for a little r&r. Anyhoo I will send you a pm about some mounts for my 3800 swap in the next few days.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so I decided I hate body work!
yesterday I spent the whole day sanding on 3 cars at once and today I hurt and get to do it all again.
oh well it will all be worth it soon.
D.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
so I decided I hate body work!
D.

Dean, this is why we send our cars to you.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Dean, this is why we send our cars to you.

LOL! yea I know. I love to do the big mods I just don't like the finish work, little parts here and their are ok but a full car will kick my butt.

I will be doing body work for the next few weeks to get cars done for Daytona so I may get to like it again or have Aaron finish
D.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like they say...."Drivings for show, puttings for dough!" the money is made in the finish work!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock