Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109273 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I sure could use a lift in my garage.

Hey Dean do you have any smooth side mouldings laying around? My aftermarket rocker panels have the front/rear fender mouldings molded into the fiberglass but they're fatter than the factory pieces...need to cut them out and replaced with the right size. Thanks.

The IRM parts used to be made like that.

I have some round moldings if Dean doesn't.

Archie
IP: Logged
seafoodlover

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The projects all look great! Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The IRM parts used to be made like that.

I have some round moldings if Dean doesn't.

Archie

you have a PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from the coaters with a nice new set of headers for the yellow Fiero 3800 swap. this is the last part needed to get the car going

here are a few shots of the car these are a few days old but I will also get new ones this week.

the headers.

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deano....
Hey man that 3800 swap is looking pretty sanitary...what kind of paint are you using to redo all those components? Got a brand name or a pic of the can? Sure makes it look like brand spanking new stuff.... Nice work my good man. DAMN I WANT A 3800 Turbo Fiero.....peace

Pete

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Deano....
Hey man that 3800 swap is looking pretty sanitary...what kind of paint are you using to redo all those components? Got a brand name or a pic of the can? Sure makes it look like brand spanking new stuff.... Nice work my good man. DAMN I WANT A 3800 Turbo Fiero.....peace

Pete

belive it or not the paint we use is a wheel paint and it has ceramic in it. the hoter it gets the stronger it gets. it holds up way better than the other paint we have tried even so called engine paint.
the main silver we use I buy by the case. I will look and see what brand it is.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-08-2011).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,
thanks man I would love to know the manufacturer and where to get it because I would like to eventually paint not only the motor in my car but some parts on machines I am building here. Thanks in advance for the information. Peace

Pete
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got this pic in a text message today

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we have been busting our butts working on the cars and have gotten several swaps done as well as many more almost done.
I wanted to share a few pics of some of them.
D.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, lots of stuff happening there Dean. On a side note, the third to last photo above shows the skeleton of a Diablo door in the raised position. Looks like it's only the window regulator installed onto the fiberglass inner door skin without any of the original metal structure or side impact beams. Is that how they're all made?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which car is getting the twin throttle body intake(2nd picture)? If it's viable and noticeably increases the engine #'s or response, let us know. I get my last smog check this month, so I'll soon have other options.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll be the Yellow Fiero...

Originally posted by carnut122:

Which car is getting the twin throttle body intake(2nd picture)? If it's viable and noticeably increases the engine #'s or response, let us know. I get my last smog check this month, so I'll soon have other options.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, 13" Viper/Corvette brakes. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, battery relocated to front. Rebuilt&overbored 2.8 V6, BORLA exhaust. Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front, Aus' Stage 2 side scoops, "Fie Ro" extractor front scoop. Fiero Store HD front and rear swaybars, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, Ultimate Getrag shift kit, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.
Pictures: www.yellowfiero.com/fieropixnew/index.php
Modifications: www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Wow, lots of stuff happening there Dean. On a side note, the third to last photo above shows the skeleton of a Diablo door in the raised position. Looks like it's only the window regulator installed onto the fiberglass inner door skin without any of the original metal structure or side impact beams. Is that how they're all made?

we did not build that car and it is no where near done yet. some kit cars we get in are made with almost all bondo and no metal
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Twin Turbo 3.4?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we did not build that car and it is no where near done yet. some kit cars we get in are made with almost all bondo and no metal

Sorry... didn't mean to insinuate that this was your work. Besides, even if it was, I realize you can't control what a customer wants or is willing to pay for. I'm just surprised at the level of safety that some people are willing to compromise for the sake of driving a car that looks like a Lambourghini. I'd never be able to pass the initial structural engineering evaluation here in Atlantic Canada with something like that.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should see some of the stuff that Dean has been handed to work with. (Not by anyone here, of course.)
It's amazing, the stuff that people will drop off with a vendor (any vendor - not just Dean) and say "Make it fast and make it beautiful, for $5000."
People just don't realize the amount of work and skill required.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

You should see some of the stuff that Dean has been handed to work with. (Not by anyone here, of course.)
It's amazing, the stuff that people will drop off with a vendor (any vendor - not just Dean) and say "Make it fast and make it beautiful, for $5000."

Yep, I've seen a bunch of the stuff that Dean has had to bring up to snuff.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by yellowstone:

That'll be the Yellow Fiero...

I've always liked your build. I'm glad to hear it's yours. Please post up your impressions of the set-up once you've had some wheel time.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 12-15-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more pics....

I will try to post more later, have to go back to work now.
D.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I liked the 400LB 3" thick bondo hood.

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011

D.

Wait is that backwards?
PFF
System Bot
destingator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for destingatorSend a Private Message to destingatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Magic continues...!!!
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry... didn't mean to insinuate that this was your work. Besides, even if it was, I realize you can't control what a customer wants or is willing to pay for. I'm just surprised at the level of safety that some people are willing to compromise for the sake of driving a car that looks like a Lambourghini. I'd never be able to pass the initial structural engineering evaluation here in Atlantic Canada with something like that.

@ Bloozberry, This is the owner of the yellow Diablo, I purchased this car on Ebay, the previous owner was from Georgia & he is the one who introduced me to Dean's shop, I never saw the car in person, but I know that it is in good hands now, Dean is doing the best he can just to get it up & running, it will be exported overseas, sending him next week another one but roadster this time, still unfinished but has more work to be done by Dean, so please dont blame the customer, I had no control over the condition of the yellow one, but thanks for noticing that, & once the main things in the car are done we might move on to more details in the car.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies... again, I didn't intend to offend anyone by my remarks. I was just a little surprised... I had always imagined those kits to be more robust.

I have a friend who bought one of those Austin Healey 3000 kits (Sebring I think it's called) built on a Cobra kit car frame. He bought it used, as you did with the Diablo. He accidentally backed into it with his tractor a month ago and found the doors were constructed the same way... just an inner and outer fiberglass shell. The damage was so severe that the insurance company is still debating whether to write it off or not. We were both shocked since we expected a little more than a window regulator between the occupants and the outside world. I guess I was a little dismayed that this wasn't an isolated case in the manner some of these cars are constructed.
LAMBORRARI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBORRARISend a Private Message to LAMBORRARIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My apologies... again, I didn't intend to offend anyone by my remarks. I was just a little surprised... I had always imagined those kits to be more robust.

I have a friend who bought one of those Austin Healey 3000 kits (Sebring I think it's called) built on a Cobra kit car frame. He bought it used, as you did with the Diablo. He accidentally backed into it with his tractor a month ago and found the doors were constructed the same way... just an inner and outer fiberglass shell. The damage was so severe that the insurance company is still debating whether to write it off or not. We were both shocked since we expected a little more than a window regulator between the occupants and the outside world. I guess I was a little dismayed that this wasn't an isolated case in the manner some of these cars are constructed.

No apologies needed, your comment deserve all the respect & attention, I purchased the car & till now never even seen it, it has more work than I thought, my next one Dean will put more work into it, so it will have his signture, thank you again for noticing just in case I'll keep the car for myself., wishing you happy holidays.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics ??
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Walked around Whodeanies shop yesterday (was only inside for a few minutes) he had Joels motor swap complete or almost. The wiring nearly complete in the Blue 87 GT (This one should be complete by next weekend) and a few other projects. My Wife and son got to meet the Whodeanie crew and they were amazed by all the Fieros and such. The wife liked the Lamborghini, and my son liked them all but he seemed to like the Blue one the most (he is only 5 - he loved it there and wanted to stay longer). While i was there I dropped off a few parts that i received for christmas and swapped out my factory rims with some after market ones. My son helped roll a tire from outside to inside next to the fiero and also helped put the lug nuts on.

Jason
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jason did you get to see my baby ? What did you think ?

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
jason did you get to see my baby ? What did you think ?

It looks good. Are you going to widen the suspension or get wider rims to fill in those fenders?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

It looks good. Are you going to widen the suspension or get wider rims to fill in those fenders?

Going with wider deep dish 3 piece rims.

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whats the specs on those if you dont mind sharing?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

Whats the specs on those if you dont mind sharing?

Don't have them yet, but those are the ones i will be ordering.

looking at 19 x 8 or 8.5 (f) and 20 x 11 or 12 (r). All depends on the measurements dean comes up with. Want a 4 to 5 " lip on the rear.
seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow! Ive seen those rims before in person. They looked superb. The lip on those are very crazy wide. You will be very happy with those rims. I love the chrome look myself, Cant wait to see you get them on. Please take lots of pics when you have them.

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 01-02-2012).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been working on many projects at once but here are some new pics of a new lambo we are starting.
the streach....

way more to come
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you a dealer for bonspeed still?

Rick

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2012 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a P.M.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean!

Looking forward to seeing you on Wed. I should land in ATL around 9:15am so I am figuring I will be at the shop around 10:30 - 11:00? I will have your seal(s) with me so if anyone is in the ATL area and wants to save some shipping charges let me know by tomorrow morning so I can pack them up and bring them with me

See you soon!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-29-2012).]

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

belive it or not the paint we use is a wheel paint and it has ceramic in it. the hoter it gets the stronger it gets. it holds up way better than the other paint we have tried even so called engine paint.
the main silver we use I buy by the case. I will look and see what brand it is.
D.

If you get a chance, I would appreciate that info too please and thank you. Have looked for a wheel paint containing ceramic but not finding anything.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on the shop situation?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Any word on the shop situation?

To what situation do you refer ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock