Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109270 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your gonna make somebody extremely happy. A chance to work there would be almost the perfect job. I say almost cause they wouldn't own it.

Still would like more info/pics of the red lamb.
IP: Logged
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:
Still would like more info/pics of the red lamb.

It’s a non-stretch; here are a couple pictures I took.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good enough... thank you... i want it... lol
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pictures don't do it justice. In person it looks like crap. It needs lots of work. There is a major difference not have the 12" stretch...

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-03-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never wanted a replica... just like the nose and tail lines. it has potential for some custom tweaking.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:
The pictures don't do it justice. In person it looks like crap. It needs lots of work. There is a major difference not have the 12" stretch...

I agree it did not look good in person and without the stretch there was no need to ruin a Fiero.
GBglide

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Oh man. I know I'm getting older now when there are people that don't know what a Ferrari Daytona is - one of the definitive 80's icons if you watched Miami Vice

Even if it is a kit it's still amazing. Many of these don't get completed, or a build gets started and the owner gives up.

You're not that old, I'm 40. I just never watched Miami Vice much back in the day.

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll have to agree with the previous two gentlemen...Seen this in person and was not impressed with it at all. BlackThunder must be really awesome with a camera or he photoshopped them before posting.

[This message has been edited by Axdrenalin (edited 05-04-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for some reason it looks way better in pics and I do not get it but the girls love it. we have had a few stop by and they all want to take pics with it.
I do not get it. I think it is the bigest turd I have seen and would like to know who built it so I can smack them upside the head and ask what they were thinking.
all we are doing to it is fixing things that the customer wanted us to. I just want it done and gone asap! but he keeps adding things
LOL! I guess it is all good.

ran in to a prob. on Tonys car yesterday with a bad oilpan so we could not get the car done so we moved on to the silver lambo to try to find a coolant leak. then it was on to bench testing an EHPS system that we will be reworking to install on a customers car. we have had it for a while now to see if we could make a new version and it can be done but the cost would be way to high to do it so it has been scraped.

I will keep you all posted when we get to install it.
D.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t like the stock Fiero wheelbase version of Countach mainly because of the flat windshield.
And the squat look.
Oh, and the Countach only gets about a 6" stretch.
It`s the Diablo that gets an 11" stretch.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 05-04-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it has been a long hard week at the shop fighting with 4 cars but we did manage to get all of them done.
now the wife is making me take the weekend off because I put in over 80hrs this week.
so I will be back hard at it on monday.
D.

PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

it has been a long hard week at the shop fighting with 4 cars but we did manage to get all of them done.
now the wife is making me take the weekend off because I put in over 80hrs this week.
so I will be back hard at it on monday.
D.

You deserve a break Dean Have a good weekend!
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ghost187x (edited 05-06-2011).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

for some reason it looks way better in pics and I do not get it but the girls love it. we have had a few stop by and they all want to take pics with it.
I do not get it. I think it is the bigest turd I have seen and would like to know who built it so I can smack them upside the head and ask what they were thinking.
all we are doing to it is fixing things that the customer wanted us to. I just want it done and gone asap! but he keeps adding things
LOL! I guess it is all good........

Maybe it will look like this by the time it's done...

Dean are they going to keep those headlights? Sometime ago I ran into a Polish car forum and saw Countach replicas using VW Golf headlight... or part of it. I think HotWheels has one just like it.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe it will look like this by the time it's done...

Dean are they going to keep those headlights? Sometime ago I ran into a Polish car forum and saw Countach replicas using VW Golf headlight... or part of it. I think HotWheels has one just like it.

I like that. but we were only fixing things on the car so he could drive it. I do not think this kit could ever be cool the size and shape are all wrong and the body is crap.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
back from the dead! most of you may know this one.

we wil be starting on this one today. the goal, to remove the 3800 clean it up and reinstall it the right way.
the install has isues to say the least. first the fuel pump works when it feels like it because of wire isues and when it does if you hit the gas the alt hits the strut tower and throws sparks out the top of the vent.

we will be droping the cradle today so I will keep you all posted as we go.
here are some pics from last night.
D.

the before pics

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still got a space open for me? I'll swing by next Friday for drop off if thats ok with you, Dean.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

Still got a space open for me? I'll swing by next Friday for drop off if thats ok with you, Dean.

I have a spot open for you
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
work started on Davids car... yesterday we droped the cradle and started tearing it apart.
we got it torn down, cleaned up and ready for rebuild. we installed Rodneys mounts with our motor adaptor mount.
we will be doing several upgrades to the install the motor will just be a fresh stock rebuild. the parts will be here on monday so we will rebuild it then.
the car had lots of wiring isues along with a not so well done install. we will be re mounting the alt lower as well as redoing the heater hoses, wiring and dog bone mount and a new clutch.
I will keep you all posted as it goes but we should have it back in the car by the end of the week if not sooner depending on parts.
here are some pics.
D.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice progress! I'm glad to see that you're staying busy.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to all who want to follow along I am on facebook as well just look me up by my name. I do not know how to link it here.
D.
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

to all who want to follow along I am on facebook as well just look me up by my name. I do not know how to link it here.

P.M. sent.

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

D.

Sent you a friend request. I didn't know your last name and just about had a heart attack when I found ya. My best friend in the world lives in Mableton about 45 mins south of you, with the same name. He may be with me Friday when I drop off if he can get out of work.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been working long hrs at the shop to get things done on several cars and still have way more to do but I still look forward to going in everyday and that is the best part.
we got the 355 and choptop 25's drivetrains done and reinstalled and now we just need to finish up a few things on both.
the Rotten chop molds are almost done now and after a little more work on them we will be ready to start making parts.
more to come later.
D.

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ummmm, possibly a silly question, but what's your last name Dean? I would love to follow your work on FB, just in case I miss something here.

edit: You probably get tired of hearing it, but that bumper is just AWESOME!

As I mull over my options of how I want to customize my Fiero after college, this rear bumper, your sideskirts, and the Fi512 nose are really starting to look good in my mind. I doubt I'll be the first though, and who knows 2 years from now you might be making even cooler stuff for our little cars.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 05-19-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

ummmm, possibly a silly question, but what's your last name Dean? I would love to follow your work on FB, just in case I miss something here.

edit: You probably get tired of hearing it, but that bumper is just AWESOME!

As I mull over my options of how I want to customize my Fiero after college, this rear bumper, your sideskirts, and the Fi512 nose are really starting to look good in my mind. I doubt I'll be the first though, and who knows 2 years from now you might be making even cooler stuff for our little cars.

Cain

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Cain

No smiley or anything exoticse? Were you hoping I'd come back here and ask if Whodeanie use to host Ripley's Believe It or Not! ?

That would be quite the career change!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 05-19-2011).]

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean, awesome work as always! Really enjoy watching your progress on the forums.... I also sent you a friend request on facebook a few minutes ago.

If anyone needs the linkage to Whodeanie's FB page, you'll find it here:
http://www.facebook.com/hom...p?id=100000507078697
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, my last name is Cain and yes I get that and Superman everyday
D.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, my last name is Cain and yes I get that and Superman everyday
D.

Wow, sorry exoticse! Here I thought I was getting my leg pulled. This is probably the loudest I've laughed to myself after a comment on PFF.

I guess its a pretty fitting name for the "Super" work you do Dean. I'm Aaron Wiederhoeft on FB, sent ya a request!
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, my car is no longer in my possession, but I know its in good hands. I can't wait to get back from my deployment and get it back after the workover. Anyone interested in a turbo 3.4? I'd like to do the 3800 swap into mine, but need a buyer for my 3.4 first. Anyway, for anyone wondering, Dean a heck of a nice guy, and his work is more impressive in person than in pictures!
PFF
System Bot
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a couple pics...

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Remember not long ago you were working on your own chop top and I was doing a couple photo shops for yah. You were giving me a bad time telling me to get out there and chop it
Look at you now what a whirlwind of progress! Does it feel surreal? on all the great work you have done and created! I am looking forward to see more on the new wide body work.

"Hope the best of your past is the worst of your future"
Terry

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 05-24-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

This picture looks like it was taking in the larger building next door, did you guys expand?

Paul
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No sitting around there! Time to get back to work!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Dean,

This picture looks like it was taking in the larger building next door, did you guys expand?

Paul

LOL! you were not suposed to notice that, no not yet but we did rent part of it for a few days to get this done.

the progress of the shop has been great and has moved fast but I have not slowed down long enough to to think about how fast it has grown.
I plan on going to the Dells soon and relax with friends and I an sure it will hit me then. I take each day as a new adventure and love it.
thanks to all of you for the support.
Dean
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL! you were not suposed to notice that, no not yet but we did rent part of it for a few days to get this done.

the progress of the shop has been great and has moved fast but I have not slowed down long enough to to think about how fast it has grown.
I plan on going to the Dells soon and relax with friends and I an sure it will hit me then. I take each day as a new adventure and love it.
thanks to all of you for the support.
Dean

Well-deserved hope your time at the Dells is all fun and no work.
Congratulations on your success!!!
Terry

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Padre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PadreClick Here to visit Padre's HomePageSend a Private Message to PadreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many thanks to Dean and the guys at WhoDeanie's! My 87 GT was undriven for the winter and was damaged by squirrels and chipmunks - they basically ate the C-500 connector. I had no idea what to do, searched and searched. But I came across Dean's shop when I was getting some work done on my Camaro. Dean said bring it in, I did, and he got it running in an afternoon and also helped with my brakes and a general check of the engine.

Great price too! It's great to feel secure driving the Fiero again.

Thanks again Dean. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you as we finish my Camaro build.

Padre
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

been working long hrs at the shop to get things done on several cars and still have way more to do but I still look forward to going in everyday and that is the best part.
we got the 355 and choptop 25's drivetrains done and reinstalled and now we just need to finish up a few things on both.
the Rotten chop molds are almost done now and after a little more work on them we will be ready to start making parts.
more to come later.
D.

HI all

Anyone have a shot of this pic from the rear? This that 360 like bumper, or sumthin new?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Anyone have a shot of this pic from the rear? This that 360 like bumper, or sumthin new?

Hi there Erik!

Here's some shots from the previous page:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock