Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109270 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we have been working hard to get things done at the shop. I got slamed with lots of repair work last week. 6 cars in and now 5 out with a motor build to go.
we are waiting on the new short block for an 84 for it.
today we will be working on the blue 355 to get it done for this weekend so it can go home. the motor swap is done and working great no it is down to detial items on the rest of the car.
the red 355 is getting a new boot cover made and the chop top project is getting more body work so we can pull molds from the rear of the car in the next few days.

exoticse's car is waiting on the exhaust to come in so we can get it on the road.

the shop is going well and I want to thank all of you for that
D.
IP: Logged
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always liked your work and been impressed with your skills, Whodeanie, though now that I see the extent of how much you're doing, I'm finding myself curious. I usually just skim through and look at the the pictures of your fine work , to the point that I thought you were still doing it in your spare time in your old shop. I was more interested in how you were doing things, rather than how much and where you were doing it!
Before yo uhad your shop, I just thought you were an average joe with good skills and lots of patience, but as I said, now I'm curious. Were you working in the automotive service industry before, or is this all skills you've developed on your own? And in regards to your shop, are you still doing it all by yourself or is there a small team of you now? 5 cars out the door in the same week sounds like there's a small army of whodeanie's running amuck out there somewhere!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the seats were a cobuild with my neighbor. I did the frames and he covered them.

the parts will be avalible by june at the latest.
D.

I assume he does upholstery for a living? I'm looking for somebody to recover some T-Bird seats for my pick-up project. I'm glad to hear all is going well at the shop. I'm thinking of making the Daytona trip. Maybe we can convoy?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always been a fabricator and mechanic and have worked as both in the past. I also studied automotive design. I guess you could say I was taught the basics by my mentors and just expanded from their.
cars have always been one of my main loves so I learn everything I can about them and then go do it. I opened the shop last year and it quickly whent from part time to full time and I have a mechanic firend working with me as well as a helper and a part time fiberglass guy now.
and I have others that I can call on to get just about anything I need to get a car done. my goal is not to put out the most cars but rather to keep stock Fieros on the road for years to come and build a few customs that will become part of fiero history we do the service work to keep the shop going and the rest is for fun.
D.

here is what we have beendoing this week.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so last week we had a customer bring an 84 fiero in for repairs and we looked it over and found it needed a new motor so he found a short block. yesterday we got the motor out of the car and got it torn down
to find that it had a bad lifter and it bent the push rod as well. once we got the cam out we found the loab was ground all the way down. and metal had gotten in to the oil pump as well as the rest of the motor.

this week we will be building the new one from the ground up with an 85 roller cam block, Fiero store performance cam and a set of my try-Y headers as well as a few other little goodies.
we will also be rebuilding the trans with a shift kit. I can not wait to see how she does once we get it back in the car.

I will keep you posted on this one.

today the blue 355 goes home and we will be working on the rotten chop.
D.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...today the blue 355 goes home...

I know you're gonna miss her.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've gotta start calling you Dean-The-Machine. You work more efficiently then about any builder I have ever seen!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been working alot at the shop on several cars as of late.
we got all of the service cars done except for 1 that needs a new motor. we got it pulled apart and ready for the new one just waiting on parts.
we worked on the Lambo fitting the seats.

Nelson brought the mera in for a few more things and the custom has been going non stop.
here are a few pics, got to go back to work now
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Hey, all
on another note for those that are wanting 3800 SC swaps from me I still have the motor and mounts that Yellowstone bought for his swap that did not happen up for sale
I have 2k in it so far. the motor has been gone threw with new parts and I have the mounts for it as well. if you are thinking about having me do a swap for you this would be a good start.
yellowstone could use the money and I would just use it as a deposit on your build.
you could help out a fellow member and get a great motor. if someone buys this set up soon I will go the extra mile on your build at no extra cost.
hidden wiring, headers, paint and much more.
PM me.
D.
Johbby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohbbySend a Private Message to JohbbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, all
on another note for those that are wanting 3800 SC swaps from me I still have the motor and mounts that Yellowstone bought for his swap that did not happen up for sale
I have 2k in it so far. the motor has been gone threw with new parts and I have the mounts for it as well. if you are thinking about having me do a swap for you this would be a good start.
yellowstone could use the money and I would just use it as a deposit on your build.
you could help out a fellow member and get a great motor. if someone buys this set up soon I will go the extra mile on your build at no extra cost.
hidden wiring, headers, paint and much more.
PM me.
D.

PM sent. Disregard the second one. LOL
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time is dwindling.

We are pretty much stuck until the exhaust arrives. Dean if it is not there by Monday, let me know and i will talk to the seller,.. again.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Time is dwindling.

We are pretty much stuck until the exhaust arrives. Dean if it is not there by Monday, let me know and i will talk to the seller,.. again.

I will let you know if and when it gets here. that is the last part before we can fire and tune it.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Gang
I talked to Clay yesterday and he has been working hard building his trucking company and he is needing to sell the black fiero to help pay for a new truck.
so here are some pictures of it. he is asking 16k for it. he has way more than that in it so please no low ball offers.

here is some of the info about it and the build thread.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000085.html

the car has a 383 strocker motor with an F40 6 speed trans, Norms fliper front, Archie Widebody, custom rear glass hatch, and spoiler.
HT motorsports intire upgrade kit allong with 13" wilwood brakes, HHP sway bars, Enki wheels with BFG tires. and the list goes on and on.
Clay did not cut any corners on this build it is the best of the best.
call or pm me if you are intrested in the car. he is on the road all the time and it is easier to get me than him.
D.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here is what we have beendoing this week.

My header looks great. Having a header that matches the ports of the SD4 head will be a great improvement in exhaust scavenging.

Here's a comparison of the difference in exhaust gaskets.
The top one matches my SD4 437 head's exhaust ports, the lower gasket matches the Duke head.

While it will bolt on, a header built for the Duke head actually blocks a portion of the SD4 head's exhaust port.
You can see how different the ports are when the SD4 gasket is matched to the Duke gasket underneath.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-26-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of 2 88 fieros for sale if anyone wants one.
the first one runs and drives it has been lowered a bit too much and the ac needs work 88 6 cyl 5 speed 1200 for it.
the next one car is at a lot up the road from my shop no title does not run 88 6cly. 5 speed the car lot wants 1000 for it
but the intresting thing is the car belongd to New Yourk Joe the prez of a fiero club in Cali. it has a badge on the center console
the chassis is perfict no rust or damage. I am working on him to lower the price, I will keep you posted.
let me know if you are intrested in one of them.
D.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We once had a club president in 2006 who went by the name of New York Joe. The name was Joe Goodman. He had a maroon coupe that had been converted to a V6. He had lived in Newnan at the time. He's been spotted at a couple of car shows around town, I believe showing a Mustang. Maybe the same?

Edited to add that it had an Isuzu 5 speed, and he had a clutch assembly put in it around 2006-7.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-02-2011).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

We once had a club president in 2006 who went by the name of New York Joe. The name was Joe Goodman. He had a maroon coupe that had been converted to a V6. He had lived in Newnan at the time.

I wonder if those stainless Gibson exhaust tips that he never paid me for are still in the trunk.

Edit- Joe told me that at one time he was also an officer of FOCOA. Gee, what a surprise.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-02-2011).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the first one runs and drives it has been lowered a bit too much

D.

Can a Fiero be lowered too much? I wonder if Joe is the president/treasurer of the Mustang Club?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

We once had a club president in 2006 who went by the name of New York Joe. The name was Joe Goodman. He had a maroon coupe that had been converted to a V6. He had lived in Newnan at the time. He's been spotted at a couple of car shows around town, I believe showing a Mustang. Maybe the same?

Edited to add that it had an Isuzu 5 speed, and he had a clutch assembly put in it around 2006-7.

Same car, I was told he owed the guy a lot of money and left the car as part of the payment but never brought the title.
D.

the second car is one that Don has and it selling.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the second car is one that Don has and it selling.

If it's the same one I saw at Don's house a couple of weeks ago, it's a maroon 88 GT, and well worth the price.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-03-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some new cool pics of the choptop project
see more on the rotten thread
D.

PFF
System Bot
unikron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unikronSend a Private Message to unikronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

If it's the same one I saw at Don's house a couple of weeks ago, it's a maroon 88 GT, and well worth the price.

Yeah its the same car. I went down there and saw it this past weekend. Its had some stuff ripped off of it but overall its in pretty good shape. Needs some work to get it running again. I am trying to buy it but it turns out the dealer would have to do an "Abandoned Vehicle Claim" and the process takes literally 2-3 months. Then the dealer can get a title on the vehicle and then transfer it to you. Its a a huge pain in the butt so I am unsure how much trouble I really want to go through to get it. It might be simpler to get a different vehicle.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unikron:

Yeah its the same car. I went down there and saw it this past weekend. Its had some stuff ripped off of it but overall its in pretty good shape. Needs some work to get it running again. I am trying to buy it but it turns out the dealer would have to do an "Abandoned Vehicle Claim" and the process takes literally 2-3 months. Then the dealer can get a title on the vehicle and then transfer it to you. Its a a huge pain in the butt so I am unsure how much trouble I really want to go through to get it. It might be simpler to get a different vehicle.

I think you're confused.
The GT is at Don Hulse's house. I'm not aware of any title issues with that one.
The one without the title, the maroon coupe at the dealer, used to belong to Joe Goodman.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he is talking about the one at the dealer that was ney york joe's not the one at Don's
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Big things in the works at the shop. we have been working on several things over the last year and we are getting closer to having them ready for sale very soon.
lots of fiberglass body parts, headers, motor and trans mounts and much more.
I will keep you all posted as they are ready.
D.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent ya a PM that might help with that...

Also, how far along are you on the diablo? pics? Love the lam rebodies.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay the jig is up. The last promised deadline has come and gone.

Been waiting over a month for a part that has been fully paid for and just needing shipped now it is time to move on.

Dean and i have both been very patient, but enough is enough.

Whodeanie will be building me a custom setup, "IF" i can get my monies back from the seller (stay tuned).

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-08-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whodeanie will be building me a custom setup, "IF" i can get my monies back from the seller (stay tuned).

Did you use PayPal?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Did you use PayPal?

No, but i think the seller is a standup guy.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, but i think the seller is a standup guy.

We'll see???
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
moving on

we have been working hard at the shop on several cars.
I will post more later for now I need to get to work.
D.
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick question and not to go off topic... on the rottin project. are you setting up to make brackets so that the 3800 can mount in the stock locations?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Just a quick question and not to go off topic... on the rottin project. are you setting up to make brackets so that the 3800 can mount in the stock locations?

Yes, look at the thread I posted pics of them today. I made them so you can use stock mounts or upgrade to Rodneys polly replacements.
they are made from 1/4" thick on the motor and 3/16" on the trans. I am working on the low mount alt and top dog bone to do the same.
the goal is to build a plug and play kit for the 3800 but it will take some time bacause of other projects.

while I build the Rotten chop parts I am also building 2 more of the same for the kit.

to include mounts, headers, harness, low mount alt, belts, hoses, axles and much more. all you will need to add is the motor, trans and fluids.
D.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
then in that case...

side note... have you considered going to pianless wiring for the wires once this is all done? I'm pretty sure they will make whatever harness as long as they have a demo.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

then in that case...

side note... have you considered going to pianless wiring for the wires once this is all done? I'm pretty sure they will make whatever harness as long as they have a demo.

No, I think I would rather do it in house. partly because I would need to make several changes to each one depending on the computer being used as well as what car the motor comes from.
D.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the goal is to build a plug and play kit for the 3800 ...
to include mounts, headers, harness, low mount alt, belts, hoses, axles and much more. all you will need to add is the motor, trans and fluids.

<perk!> By the time you finish the kit, maybe my tranny swap won't be so fresh in my mind, and I'll be ready to try it.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we used the first set of mounts on the rotten project and they worked great. I made 3 sets to start because I have other swaps in the works but I will be making more for sale soon. I just want to get the whole kit together before I do. this will take all the guess work out of it.

we are working long hrs at the shop to keep things moving so it does not leave much time for other things like sleep so it is a good thing I love what I am doing
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some pics from around the shop.
D.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take what's behind door A please...final answer!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I'll take what's behind door A please...final answer!

I think you already did
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock