Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109273 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I should have stopped by, but as always, I was in a hurry to get back home.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some update shots from the shop. as I said before I have been working on the Lambo a lot to get it done soon. it still needs way more but it is getting way closer to done.
I have not humg the doors yet because I am waiting on the interrior first to make it easier to install it.

also also a shot of the 355, we just changed the tires to a smaller size so it will not rub anymore now I need to lower it a bit to fit them.
D.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE work that you have done there. Quality like always

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's always fun to see what's up at your shop... never a dull car in there!

The air filter boxes on the Diablo kit look the part really nicely. Can you tell me what they're from? I could see using one of those on my 355 later on (provided they aren't the $800 Lambourghini pieces!)
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys
the parts are part of the cover kit and are made of fiberglass.

I have finaly finished the 355 rear and I will be boxing it up to send to Fiero Fiberglass for parts to be made and sold.
we also worked on the 360-430 style bumper some today to get the plug ready to pull the first mold for the new one.
here are some pictures I got of them today.
D.

I just set it on one of the parts cars I had outside to get some pictures of it. Notice this one has way more detail than the one I made for the DD.
I wanted to give you all a little extra

and the next one up.

we will be making a defuser to go with this one as an optional add on.
more to come.
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much trouble would it be to get the ribbed moulding on the dd bumper? im betting it would be very pricey, but im just wondering...?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroDev:

how much trouble would it be to get the ribbed moulding on the dd bumper? im betting it would be very pricey, but im just wondering...?

I knew that question would come up I did try to get a good mold from the ribed molding 2 times and I could not get it to come out good enough to make a part from.
I know that a few people would want them with it but I don't think I could justify the cost in making another one just for the molding. all I can do is make the most out of what I had.
D.
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unerstandable! either way you have my attention! Dev.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd really love to see the 355 bumper on a fastback before it leaves.
It really looks great, and I think it'll fit the slightly more rounded profile of the fastback very well.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

and the next one up.

we will be making a defuser to go with this one as an optional add on.
more to come.

That looks good! Will Hella LED taillights fit in there? :-)

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 11-10-2010).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

That looks good! Will Hella LED taillights fit in there? :-)

can you provide the part number to this light? I really like it.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

can you provide the part number to this light? I really like it.

Look here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/081341-2.html#p45
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Look here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/081341-2.html#p45

That is an awesome thread. I just wish it were for a notchback instead of a fastback. :
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

That is an awesome thread. I just wish it were for a notchback instead of a fastback. :

the part we are taking the mold from is the rear from my widebody car and is and will always be a one off part. the one piece rear is not what I am building. the new rear will be like the 355 one I made it will be a bolt on replacement rear the stock tail lights can still be used or a custom one as well.
I will keep you all posted as it goes. tonight we did a splash mold of it to start on the new one. we will be working on it again this weekend.
D.

here are some pic's of the splash mold.
we are just using the lower half.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on the 4.9 today it is going in a 355 kitcar. the customer wants to keep it as quiet as wa can so I built a crossover pipe that will go the same way as the stock Fiero exhaust to help with the noise.
the Fiero factory has done this in the past as well and it seams to work well. the car will not be used as a racer so any small loss of power will be fine. after all it is a 4.8 not a 2.8
I welded up the stock outlet as well as the 02sensor so i could move it to the back. this way it will read all 8 cyl. rather than 3 of them. now off to the coater and to have the axles rebooted.
then into the car.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on the new rear bumper yesterday.
here are some pics
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some updates.
we have been doing some work on Nelsons car this week as well as a few repairs on 2 other cars for a customer.
the 355 rear is now boxed up and will be sent out this monday for molds. the 430 rear is now fitted to a car and we will be glassing it up next week.
we are also going to be installing the 4.9 this week into a 355 kit now that we got the exhaust back from the coater.
and I also got my rear knuckles back from the coater as well for my widebody so I was able to get it off the jack stands and back on the wheels as a roller.
Tonys car has a new fuel pump and all the hoses now and we are waiting on the axles for it that I had to have made. the wiring will continue next week, I had to order the connectors from GM and they have taken longer than they told me to get it.
any way here are a few highlights from this last week, Nelsons car pics are posted in his thread.
D.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Said it once and I will say it again. Your work is amazing!!! We might have to talk in the future when I get some funds together.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now thats nice!

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Said it once and I will say it again. Your work is amazing!!! We might have to talk in the future when I get some funds together.

Thanks, sounds great! I love to do custom parts.
once this one is done I willl be starting a new one that i will be using on the new show car
I will not be posting pic's of that one untill I get the whole car done. it is going to be crazy
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Dean !
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a turkey bump for all of you
today I got the blue 355 for the 4.9 swap they motor was a pull out from another fiero so for us it will be just a matter of doing a full cradle swap so it will be running in the next few days.

the start...

and what it going in....

also I was able to get the 355 rear bumper shipped to Fiero Fiberglass today and he will have it this weekend.

I also did a little work on the rockers today.
D.

sicilian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sicilianSend a Private Message to sicilianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean
Thanks for taking such pride in your work. Can not wait to drive the car with the 4.9 in her.
Ed
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday we got to work on the 4.9 swap. the 6 was out by 1pm and the 4.9 was in by 4pm
we are going to work on all the little hook ups and details today. we still need to drop the tank for the new fuel pump and that will be no fun with the structure brace under the car.
It looks like we will have just enough room to do it but it will be tight and the back of the tank will have to go down first nothing like the smell of gas in the morning
I will try to post pics of it all tonight.

I also want to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!
D.

tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, you do some nice work. I'm heading to Afghanistan in 2012, so I know where my Fiero is going!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yesterday was a long day for us we got the 4.9 installed and fired, we still need to do a few things to the car but the big part is done.

also this motor, trans and cradle set up will be posted for sale by the owner I belive it only has 35K miles on it. I am not sure what he wants for it.
D.

we also got the rear bumper glassed together for the first time last night but I forgot to get pictures of it.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 11-25-2010).]

sicilian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sicilianSend a Private Message to sicilianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean can not wait to see it tomorrow. Again thanks for doing a great job. I appreciate you taking care of all the little details that most would just overlook.
Yes the motor trans computer and cradle are for sale. Also have parts car that the 4.9 came out of. The car only had about 45,000 miles on her. Before we knew we were going to a swap I had valve cover and oil pan gaskets replaced, new higher amp generator, Rodney Dickmen's pulley, new A/C compress,valve cover and plenum powered coated. Would make for much easier upgrade from the 4 cylinder (Dean would do a great job) so would prefer to complete but will sell items separately. Call 678 984 6080 if have any questions

Every one have a Blessed Thanksgiving

Ed
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The motor is installed in the blue 355 now it is down to tuning it and it is being a bit of a PITA! about it.

the painter came over with a few parts for the lambo as well so we got them installed.

still waiting on the interior.

Tonys car will get some love this week as well as Yellowstone's motor.

the new rear bumpers are starting to shape up the 355 rear is at Fiero Fiberglass ready for molds and the 430 one is working out great and will be ready soon.
D.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

HEY!! Not yelling, jus trying to get yur attention... Now that the Blue 355 is back, could you ask what the color is, please??

Happy Holidays!!

Earick J.

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

HEY!! Not yelling, jus trying to get yur attention... Now that the Blue 355 is back, could you ask what the color is, please??

Happy Holidays!!

Earick J.

it is a Toyota blue, he is not sure of the code but I will find out and let you know.
D.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have had a lot of people ask me why I don't have a ratings bar...

They can now stop asking...

Very nice work!
PFF
System Bot
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it is a Toyota blue, he is not sure of the code but I will find out and let you know.
D.

It looks like spectra blue mica (8M6). If you remember Erik, I was thinking about painting my Formula that color a lonnggggg time ago.

If it isn't blue mica, is should be.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is something I want to throw out to all. as you all know I try to build a custom for the shows and once I have taken it to them I sell it to build another. this year with starting the shop funds are tight and I am not sure I can get one built in time. so here is my idea, I am going to sell this new car for 10k this will cover all the mods I am doing to the car and if you buy it I can afford to work on it and get it done in time. I will share my ideas for the car with you and no one else till the car is done. this will be a wild one off car way behond the last one I built.
just a few things i will share about the car now it is an 88 GT it has a choptop already and will be getting a 3800 SC 2 motor with an auto trans.
it will not be a widebody but every panel on the car will be custom.

PM me if you are intrested, I will not tell you what other mods the car will have unless you are buying it. some people know some of it but no one but me knows all of it.

this car will be worth way more than 10k when I am done, this is just what it will cost me to get it done so no low ball offers please.
thanks, D.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if only I had a " spare " 10k...your work looks brilliant Mr. Deanie...( no idea why i said that but for some reason can't resist... )

Love seeing your one off stuff.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean...call me RE build car....I think I am in!
John

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 12-03-2010).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,

Did your package arrive? It was supposed to be there Wed.

W
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Dean,

Did your package arrive? It was supposed to be there Wed.

W

it got here on friday. I have not had a chance to open it yet. I will let you know by monday if it will work.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2010 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
an update on the lambo. we have been able to get the air bags, brakes, clutch and coolant all working and all I need is gas to fire the car and have it under its own power.
we also got the dash back to start installing it.
this car is looking great.
D.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Was it really warm enough outside today to take pictures?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Looking good! Was it really warm enough outside today to take pictures?

no not at all! I think it was like 20 outside

we have gotten all of the dash back and still waiting on the doors. but yesterday we did the carpet, B pillers, and the back wall. it is starting to look great. I can not wait to get the rest in but it will take a little time do to all the wiring we need to do on it.
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock