Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109275 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
How are the secret projects coming along ??

LOL! What projects!

I have not had the time as of late to work on my stuff but I will get it done some how.
D.
IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

we have been working on several cars as of late so I will just cover some of the highlights.
both the lambos have had work done the painted one we have fixed a lot of little things and are getting ready to get a few big things done as well like the mess of wire on it.

the other lambo we are still fitting the body on.

Tonys car we have gotten the motor on the cradle and have started the headers.

my choptop Widebody car has not been worked on since we pulled the motor ( my stuff is always last)

the red 355 got a new trans and clutch this last week because Reverse was going out.

Shorty got a tune up.

the red 84 is going to get tires in the morning and then go home.

the blue 355 is back for a few more little things

and last but not least my new 88 choptop. the chop is done now we just need to finish up a little glass work and reinstall the top as well as the inside of the car but you know me I can not leave anything alone so I started on another project on it as well but I will not share till I have it done.

but now I will have to find something else to drive for the run for the hills.

some pics of Tonys headers, enjoy.
D.

[/IMG]

Where did ya get those mounts ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Where did ya get those mounts ?

they came from Tony with the car, I think he said they where from Fiero Addiction and the cradle mounts are from Rodney Dickman. they are not bad, I would prefer they be a little thicker and we had to tweak the front motor mount to fit the oil pan.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the second set of 3800 headers is on the way, one side down no to do the other side.

I also went to the exotic car show today and drove the 355. I posted pic's in ot.
D.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope it went better than that last trip!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

thanks for you intrest

I also got a pic of the AC line that blew on the 355

I bet the owner was happy that's all it was. Is that hose on the firewall side of the motor?

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 10-03-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes he and I were both happy about the car. and yes that AC line is next to the firewall.
I found a place that can fix it and will be taking it to them today.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the last few days I have been working on the Lambo while I wait for parts for the others. we finsihed the air bags, headlights, column rebuild, mounted the drivers side seat, and removed the interior to be re covered the right way. we also got the lambo running under it's own power now. we will be doing more wire work as well as adjusting the clutch and brakes.
there have been lots of little things we needed to fix before we could move on with it but now most of that is done. once the interior is back we will start installing it for good.

on another note the grand prix that I picked up for the motor also provided me with a new dash for the choptop as well. it took a few tweaks to get it to fit and so did the column but it is a good start.
as all of you know it will not stay stock looking around here I will keep you all posted with more later.
D.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like that dash!
How's it fit, side to side?

From what I can tell from the pics, it fits better than the CamaroBird dash. Especially around the front edge/windshield.

Nice work on the headers too.
I may need to talk with you...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-05-2010).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice work on the headers too.
I may need to talk with you...

For the Challenger?

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 10-06-2010).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope.

Edit - But it is a thought...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can make them for any car, I just happen to have lots of Fieros that I am working on at the time. unless you count the toyota in the shop Don't ask!
I will also be cutting the top off an audi S4 soon as well

as far as the dash fit. I had to trim a bit off around the windshield and I will also need to fill the top corners to fit a bit better. the dash is a bit too wide for the car by about an inch to clear the door panels but as always it works for me because I will not be using them anyway nor will I be using the grand prix ones. I have other plans for the car that I am still working on.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as most of you know I have been working on lots of cars at the shop, some long tearm and some quick fixes and upgrades. I wanted to let everyone know that we do everything from regular repairs to full on builds.
the in and out stuff is what keeps my shop going so if you have been waiting on a repair let me know if we can help. you can ask anyone that we have done work for how we do. I always try to give you more than you expect.
I want the car to be right when it leaves and have you have the car you love rather than hate. let me know if I can help. I also work on other cars as well we have done a few non Fiero cars at the shop we even have a custom Audi that we will be doing soon.

on other news my custom for next year is in the works I have not shared much about it yet because I want it to blow you away when I show you all what I have done to it.
but here are some of the mods we aer doing.... 3800 SC 2 swap, Choptop, GTP dash swap, lots of custom body mods like front and rear bumpers, rockers, quarters, hood scoop and much more.
I will not share the details but if I can get them done in time I may take mold off some of them to be sold later. this intire car will be built in house to give you an idea of what we can do here.

let me know if we can help with your car and keep the shop going thanks for all your support.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me know if we can help with your car and keep the shop going thanks for all your support.
D.

I might need your services sometime in Nov 2010. I have some fiberglass work to be performed on #015.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

let me know if we can help with your car and keep the shop going thanks for all your support.
D.

Dean you have a PM
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

snip*
I will also be cutting the top off an audi S4 soon as well
D.

Dean do you have a website? I would like to see some pics of this Audi, but not sure if you want to clutter this thread with them.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I might need your services sometime in Nov 2010. I have some fiberglass work to be performed on #015.

sounds great I would be honored LOL! just let me know when you are ready
D.
I got the PM, .... and the Audi is not at the shop yet. we have worked out the details and once the car passes an inspection for a salvage title we will be cutting it to hell

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 10-13-2010).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

on other news my custom for next year is in the works I have not shared much about it yet because I want it to blow you away when I show you all what I have done to it.

D.

My lips are sealed- I promise!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

My lips are sealed- I promise!

LOL! no one but me knows the full story yet but locals know more than some.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL! no one but me knows the full story yet but locals know more than some.
D.

hmmmm,....we talked about a few things while you were here, but i would be blown away if you could do all that (research and development) in that short period of time while working on other cars as well !

At any rate i am sure whatever it is you come up with is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

hmmmm,....we talked about a few things while you were here, but i would be blown away if you could do all that (research and development) in that short period of time while working on other cars as well !

At any rate i am sure whatever it is you come up with is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see !

yea I wounder sometimes myself as always I will make it happen. I sometimes stay late to work on it as well as weekends. during the week it is customer cars that get the work
I have to limit how many ideas go into one car due to time and money otherwise they do not get done. my wide body will one day be done as well but that is one of the cars I plan to keep for a while and I have too much money in it to sell it now.
D.
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear you are getting the 355 back for a transplant. I can't wait to see/hear it.

Austin
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

I hear you are getting the 355 back for a transplant. I can't wait to see/hear it.

Austin

Yea, I guess so just can't leave it alone LOL! I will be getting the doner car on sunday. once we get it I will pull the motor and get it cleaned up and serviced for the install.
it will make a great add to the car.

I will keep you posted with pictures next week.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is what a customer brought me sunday and today we pulled the 4.9 out of the car it was in so we can reinstall it in the blue 355 kitcar.
the donor car was crashed and has set for a while but the drivetrain was in good shape.
we started the day by pulling the drivetrain out and then we power washed and cleaned it and gave it a full tune up. we had to fix a few wires that a chpimunk got into but no big deal.
now we are just about ready to get it in the other car. we need to have the axles re done because one has a bad boot so now is the time to get it fixed.
anyway this is what we had right out of the car.

and this is what we have now. we are also going to be redoing the exhaust so it works better.

also on other news the try-Y headers are also done I have 3 sets 2 are sold and the other will be posted in the mall.
I will build these to order but I will not keep them in stock.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recognize that swap. At least the exhaust and the mounting brackets.
Who crashed a 4.9?

Regarding the exhaust... If you want to see a very free flowing exhaust, you're welcome to check mine out.
2.5" mandrel bent. Flows through a 3" cat in the stock location, and the longest glasspack that will fit - also in the stock location.
Empties through a Corvette resonator on the driver's side.
The only real bottleneck in the entire system is where the two sides of the Y come together, before the headpipe flange.
It's loud, but not obnoxious. (IMHO, of course.)

Want to install an O2 bung in the Y for me?
Is it worth your trouble?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-18-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I recognize that swap. At least the exhaust and the mounting brackets.
Who crashed a 4.9?

Regarding the exhaust... If you want to see a very free flowing exhaust, you're welcome to check mine out.
2.5" mandrel bent. Flows through a 3" cat in the stock location, and the longest glasspack that will fit - also in the stock location.
Empties through a Corvette resonator on the driver's side.
The only real bottleneck in the entire system is where the two sides of the Y come together, before the headpipe flange.
It's loud, but not obnoxious. (IMHO, of course.)

Want to install an O2 bung in the Y for me?
Is it worth your trouble?

I am not sure whos car it was the guy that had it built crashed it a while ago and has since passed away. the car has sat for some time before it was sent to me.
it is a Fiero Factory swap the ECM was marked by Ed.

I can do the bung for you, I have them in stock and it would not take much time to do.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 10-18-2010).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! Is that the black paint that was left over from my exhaust?

Austin
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, Sent you PM.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good! Is that the black paint that was left over from my exhaust?

Austin

LOL! no that paint looks like an old stove I used a semi gloss paint on this one.
nothing fancy I just wanted to clean it up a bit. this is just a fast swap with no mods just a few repairs and service.
D.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good and I cannot wait to drive the car.

Austin
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good and I cannot wait to drive the car.

Austin

LOL! me first!
D.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lots has been going on as of late we are working on the lambo to get it done.
we also had a customer bring the 4.9 over for a swap into his 355 kit car. we will be coating the exhaust and rebooting the axles first but once that is done we will be installing it.
Tony's car is still moving forward, yesterday we installed the motor to get the wiring done as well as other things.
a customer came and picked up his 84 resto project and I have a few new ones on the way soon.
more to come. here are some pics of Tonys motor install. all the wires will be hidden on this one.
D.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from Whodeanie's. He did some top notch exhaust work for me, for way too little money. Thanks again Dean!

He also showed me the "in progress" of his new secret project.
You guys are going to go when you see it. (Where is that "jaw drop" smiley when you really need it?)

I promise that you've never seen anything like it. Never.
And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Tony's 3800 looks really good too. Got me thinking...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-23-2010).]

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
Actually, that hood scoop pic reminds me of my idea to build something like this, heavy mods required, but will be justified (the center, not the fenders)...

At this point I'm pretty sure I want this done, and my car is getting close to being ready for it. Once it's back in my hands we'll have to have a serious discussion about it.

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the last few days we have worked on the Lambo, the wiring was such a mess that I had to cut most of it out of the car and start over on it. the rear of the car is done and the front is almost done. then we will need to get the inside taken care of once we get the dash back from being recovered because it was also crap. I will get more pictures of it soon it is starting to look like a nice car now.

the other project in the shop that has gotten lots of work has been Exoticse's choptop. we are doing a 3800 swap. you can see pictures of it in his build thread.

we just got an 88 formula in the shop today that need a little work to make it a DD.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the projects I have kept under wraps I will be showing over the next 3 weeks.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working long hrs. as of late to get some things done so I have not posted much about the day to day.
here is an update, I have been doing some repairs on some cars as well as work on Exoticse's and the silver Lambo.
the wiring on the Lambo was so bad that I had to cut almost all of it out of the car and redo it now I have got it almost back the way it should be. the motor runs and all the lights now work. I am working on finishing up the inside of the car still and it will take a few days to get it done.
here are some pictures from it.
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, get that out of there so that we can get back to the DD and chop tops! I was out in your neighborhood tonight.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 11-04-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you should have stoped by. the lambo and the kits are all part of the shop and I need to work on them as well.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I froze my butt off working on the Lambo yesterday. we had a high of 36 and sleet I have a call into the gas company to hook up the gas but it will take a few days for them to get to it so for now I will have to do with
my little heater. I have been doing lots on the lambo the last few days so I can get it done. I have also been working on an 88 formula that needed a lot of work to get it back road worthy. it is now done and ready to go home.
Tonys car will be getting more love this next week to get the wiring all done as soon as I get the connectors from GM for the computer.

the 355 rear is ready for primer and will be done on monday ready to ship to Fiero Fiberglass for molds. I will get some pictures of it before I box it up.
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock